1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 7, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice and clean

IMG_3343.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Cam Sutton coming back will solve that issue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
  4. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Players love to play for Tomlin because it's a fun atmosphere. Just a bunch of millionaires in their 20s having fun. No accountability....no discipline....just a bunch of lucky guys having fun and winning some games and losing some games. No pressure to excel. And certainly no practical, in-game decision making by the head coach. That might require some work! Just a bunch of guys having fun at Mediocre Mike's Country Club for Millionaires in their 20s.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I'm in the same boat. Love the Steelers but I feel there's no hope with Tomlin. How many times do we have to watch the same old rerun before Mr. Rooney makes a change? Tomlin's extension tells me Rooney is not focused on making the team a legit contender and that makes me quite apathetic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    This Rooney appears to be quite fine with mediocrity and lining his pockets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    DAK had 3 turnovers,still out played our QB, makes me sick

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    think it was the day after colts game he was allowed back in the building, attend team meetings, trainers etc. Oct 14th he can start practicing with the team again

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Let me add some rare optimism to this thread.......

#1. Justin Fields just barely missed on so many throws last night. Imagine if Heyward, Pickens, and Jefferson had come down with balls they had there hands on. Throws weren't always perfect. But sometimes you need guys to make plays. Had the Steelers done that the offense would have had more than 17 points on the board.

#2. The defense reminded me of the 90's defenses. Bend but don't break. How many times did a team drive the ball down the field only to be picked off by Carnell Lake or Darren Perry? Last night the Steelers made big plays. That is a good thing.

#3. The Cowboys have a legit top 10 offense. The Steelers held them to 13 points for 59+ minutes.

#4. If Elliott gets there just a split second sooner on that 4th down play then this is a whole different thread.

Things are not as bleak as they appear. A play here and a play there and the Steelers could have been 5-0. I'm not jumping off the ship yet. I think this is a good team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What really sucks is Roberts made that great play on the goal line to cause a fumble, could've sealed the game there if they recovered it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Fields is a project just like Kenny was a project it seems we just got Kenny again why didn't we just keep him

12. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Pickens is a loser crybaby. get him out it was uncalled for what he did. This team needs a new head coach badly. Someone who won't baby the players and who knows how to coach

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree with all especially the last part, things aren’t as bleak as they appear. Im just extra salty because it’s a game I felt they should have won and it’s the Cowboys.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Losing to the Cowboys sucks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. VanIsle

VanIsle Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    The Steelers have 8 touchdowns in 5 games.
    None by their #1 wideout and none by their #1 running back.

The Panthers, worst team the the league have 11 more pass yards.
    They have the 7th worst points per game.

This is on the coaches, same display year after year.
    There is some talent there, but they are too conservative to use it.

So many 3 and outs and horrible drives keeps the defense on the field and they just get more tired.

Until Tomlin is gone this will not change. . . . . . .

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Russell Wilson needs a shot. The Steelers need to do something to change things up a bit and that might be one way of doing that. However, I honestly don't expect much more if anything at all from him. The tools to support him are not there. Our running game is poor. We lack WRs that are a real threat. And the O-line is not protecting the pocket with any consistency....And Dallas's Defense was lacking a few key players, to include Parsons. So while I don't expect anything different, we have Russell Wilson on our roster. If he is healthy, he should give it a shot. His experience demands it IMO.

Najee should become a tight end. He does a lot better in situations that are essentially a TE play. He was running angry the first couple of games. Now, not so much. Maybe slightly injured and trying to tough it out until we get Warren and Patterson back? Maybe he is tired? Maybe the O line is not performing as well (I do think that this is part of it)? Something else?

Fields. A hard one. I like the generally upward trend he has been on from the start of the season. He has been increasingly using the entire field instead of just the sidelines. He has been throwing more long passes, although none of them worked last night. He is capable of running and has made some key plays doing this. His stats are good. 67.6 completion, 5 td to 1 int (and that was a deflection), 97.1 rate. The downside is that he is not moving the ball enough, not getting enough TDs, and is missing some open players in his reads, some fumbles (not sure how many), snap problems. Some of the downside stuff can at least be partly blamed on lacking a complimenting run game, an O-line that is all too often allowing the defense a straight shot at him, and lacking enough of a WR group to spread things out. Long term it is hard to say if he can be the guy. We need some more out of the WRs and the Run to help the QB get out of crisis mode on every drive. Get that and who knows, He might look great.

The defense. I give them a pass. They are good, but the offense is always leaving the games so close that the defense really has no breathing room. Every time they are on the field, it is a must hold situation or we will end up down 2 scores with an offense that is struggling to put points on the board. I think that the are probably getting mentally worn out and saddened that it is always coming down to them. Take last night as an example. I have seen so many comments in various places about how they should have read that crossing route and shut it down......but the reality is that once again, we were behind most of the game and barely ahead when we had the lead despite a huge turnover margin given to the offense by the defense. We should have been up by a lot more than a couple of points. I think that they are unfairly focused on too often because their failure often leads to a loss. Sure would be nice if our offense gave the defense some margin for error......

• Like Like x 1
  17. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I am as down as I have been over a regular season loss since the Jesse James game. However, don't forget that if that fourth down pass goes incomplete/gets dropped we win, and the mood on this board is decidedly different today.
    It's down to one play. Everyone lauding the Ravens this morning is forgetting that they won because of a bad snap. Again, one play.
    Football frequently comes down to a single play- that's what makes it great, and that's what makes it devastating.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It was bad luck. The ball simply landed closer to Prescott than it was to Killebrew.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Situational awareness and personnel packages were piss poor.

20. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I still haven't seen what he did? I heard Collinsworth say they went after him "for good reason" but didn't see a replay. Probably because I had my head buried in my hands at that point.

21. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Bingo!!!

22. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Are we talking about how we grossly over paid our head Coach for KMart results?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2024
  23. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I was still trying to cope with what I witnessed lol

24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You can see the Defensive players with their hands up in the air before a play, they don't know what they're doing.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Excellent

Thank you