1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What the H*&& did Wilson do to Mark Schlereth?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Aug 26, 2024.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You said just about any QB could win in Pittsburgh. That wasn't the case entirely with Mitchell Trubisky. Then again, he was a lost cause already and Tomlin simply couldn't see that.

Takes two to tango here. Fields is getting it done. For that matter and, multiple others league wide have now said it, this is the best Fields has ever looked. Should he continue to develop and progress, the team will have something to look forward to by the time the second half commences.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe I said if they didn't turn the ball over. Trubisky did that. Here is proof, Pickett, Mike Vick, Duck Hodges, and now Fields. Of course it's Coaching. That's why I get mad at people putting Tomlin down. Name Me another HC who can win with those guys.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sean McVay, Andy Reid, Mike McDaniel, Shane Steichen, Sean McDermont (he did with Mitch), Kevin O' Connell, Matt LeFleur, Dave Campbell and Jim Harbaugh.

More or less the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again. I thank you, but again....many on this board would disagree with this, but whether they believe so....I try thinking fairly on everything. Try....that's the key word.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Steichen has had success with Phillip Rivers, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurtz. Is 9-10 as a head coach without an elite QB.
    Andy Reid has had success with Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, Alex Smith, and Mahommes.
    McVay- Jared Goff and Matt Stafford.
    McDaniel- Goff, Stafford, and Tagliavola.
    McDermott- Josh Allen (not sure what Mitch had to do with it. He was the backup and threw a blistering 8 passes).
    O'Connell- Kirk Cousins.
    Matt LeFleur- Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love
    Dan Campbell- Jared Goff
    Jim Harbaugh- Colin Kaepernick, Justin Herbert.

They're not winning with scrubs and Duck Hodges. The point is that Tomlin can win with lousy qbs. These guys can't.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    A.J Feely was so good under Andy Reid in 2002 that the dolphins gave up a second round draft pick for him...A old Jeff Garcia was also very good in 2006,same for Vick out of the prison in 2010

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It'd be interesting to see what the OP is talking about specifically.

I only got this.. https://steelersdepot.com/2024/09/m...-back-beating-rebuilding-team-with-rookie-qb/

I agree with that, but his prediction was wrong.

I'm proud of these guys, but they are going have to find a way to score more TDs.

As for the Broncos, I think history is showing these blockbuster trades for QBs are a bad idea. Deshaun Watson anyone?

8. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    The Ravens had to pay all that money for Lamar and as a result they had to let half of their line walk. Now they are paying for it on the field with poor line pay. At some point something has to give.

9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    A lot of not so good stories about Wilson. Not sure how much is true. Heard recently him and Marshawn didn’t get along.
    This goes back to his days playing in Seattle. Still everyone singled out Sean Payton as the reason. More to the story than meets the eye, I reckon.