1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Over/under on the number of times Moore is flagged

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Sep 6, 2024.

1. 0

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 1

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 2

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. More than 3

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    NFL is focusing on tackles not lining up correctly in order to gain an advantage vs defenders. The Ravens felt that sting repeatedly in the 1st quarter and Harbaugh was foaming at the mouth about it. Given that Dan Moore was twitchy in the preseason and try to time his movements to right at the snap(rather poorly) how many yellow flags can be expected in Atlanta this Sunday?

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'd expect at least once. He struggles with speed rushers, but Judon is not that, so maybe he can handle it. But Moore definitely enjoys the heads start... Hard to tell. There are definitely going to be games where he either gets flagged or gets beat around the edge, and nothing inbetween.

I really just hope that Fautanu can be fully ready at some point soon so we can just park Moore on the bench and not have to worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chucktownsteeler

Chucktownsteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2022
    This should play well into the hands of Watt, Highsmith, and Herbig....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Oh look, another hate Dan Moore thread in the forum. What a shock

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't hate the man, I don't even know him. I reserve hate for Tom Brady or Cam Thomas. I started the thread because Moore has a habit of being twitchy before the snap and last night they flagged Stanley who rates higher than Moore at least 3 times in the 1st quarter alone. Heck I will spread the "hate" since Jones is going to start at RT. How many times is he going to get flagged on Saturday as well? this has less to do with love\hate and more to do with doing things a certain way for a long time and now being told you can't. There will be growing pains. please see dramatic kick return during preseason as an example.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It’ll be at least twice on the first drive. Goodell hates us.

7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I say Dan Moore goes for the cycle. One penalty for not being on the line of scrimmage, one for holding, one for a false start and one for illegal man down field.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    New rules for illegal formation have been already proven effective for EDGE players. That said, neither Carter nor Judon are speed rushers. Judon though is still very much a problem due to his array of moves as a whole.

Dan Moore though isn't the one I am worried about to be honest. Broderick Jones?! More of a concern there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    With Pat Meyer coaching, you know it is going to be a complete cluster fu....

Chucks starting at LT for the Patriots in week 1. Thanks Pat for having another O-line man get 10 times better as soon as leaving the Steelers. :)

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He will have a perfect game. No offsides, no holding, no illegal formations and no illegal man down field calls. He will open up holes big enough to drive a train through. I’ll probably even go out and buy his jersey this weeks HOF performance.:herewego!:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm worried about both, lol. Seriously though, is there any kind of medical report in regards to the nature and extent of Jones' elbow injury? Whatever it is, it must hurt like hell. From what I saw of him in preseason it really looked like he was struggling with getting good extension and punch, so he was getting pushed back a lot. Didn't see a whole lot of that from him last year. Hopefully it's something relatively minor, and Jones can get back to near 100% by Sunday, and pick up where left off at last year. As far as Dan Moore is concerned, I think he played fine in pre-season, I didn't see any glaring weaknesses in his game, but nothing that really wows you either. Bottom line, Dan Moore has stayed healthy and improved, and Fautanu and Jones haven't this year, at least so far.

13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm all for the tighter enforcement for the guys that go a half a beat early like Lane Johnson (who got one of these penalties Friday night), but this calling illegal formation on a technicality is already annoying. It seems like more and more of the "game" is watching refs huddle to decide what they just threw a flag for. It's every other play at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hate the Ravens and I'm glad they lost....but Chiefs OL got away with several false starts on key plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

There isnt I am afraid. All we know is that Broderick Jones did indeed injure his elbow during the early days of Training Camp. He clearly has shown he can play through it. However, that doesnt mean that elbow has and will continue to take a beating..

• Like Like x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Same here. I am hoping a couple of weeks of getting reps at just one position helps Jones get back to where he was.

17. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Young rookies in a man's game. Cannot expect greatness right away. Doesn't matter who the coach is, it's gonna take snap count over time, watching film, and getting in step with the guys next to you. The 'old man' on this OL is 26 with a 23yr old rookie to his left and a 23yr old sophomore on his right. Give these guys time to work it out. IF...We are still seeing the same struggles in October I may start to worry.

Moore-Anderson-Frazier-Daniels-Jones Let's GO!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i hate to tell you but they are not real thrilled with chuks starting either. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They both did.
    It was like they were more concerned about how they lined up than by when they were taking off

20. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Chuk’s is the starter, but I wouldn’t say Pats fans or the press are excited about it.

I think it’s quite a leap to say he’s 10 times better. Chuk’s himself is trying to manage expectations in his interviews, as we tries to switch to LT. I guess time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    The Pats will be challenging for the #1 overall pick in 2025. They will probably take a LT. Brissett may get retired.

• Like Like x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Somebody forgot to tell the Pats.

• Like Like x 1
  23. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Did Moore get any calls against him?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Steelers played a damn clean game penalty-wise. Dare I say they looked like a well coached team?

25. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Illegal formation seems to be a very common call in all the games this year.