1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flacco's agent thinks he should be the highest paid Q.B.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Shocker.

The Ravens would be stupid not to work out a deal with him.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd be surprised if it turned into a hold-out situation, but I agree with his agent...he should definitely be the highest paid QB in the league. :D

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

And he should hold out all year if need be to get it. Or, you know, go play for the Raiders who would be happy to pay him. ;)

5. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the ravens should pay him about $40 million a year!

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It will help the Steelers. Flacco won't leave but with a 20 million a year contract, it's going be hard keeping good players around you to be good. But if base current QB's on super bowl wins, you have Brady, Ben, and Eli would be you highest paid QB's.

But props to Flacco on the gamble, he was offered extension last summer, didn't take it. By winning the Super Bowl he added at least 4-5 million a year to his contract. That took some risk doing that but boy did it payoff for him and his agent.

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He actually should be the highest paid QB, not because he's the best QB in the league, but because this is the way contracts in pro sports work. In all likelihood, he'll be the highest paid QB in the league...until Aaron Rodgers gets his deal, then he'll be the highest paid in the league. Then the next 2-3 big name QB's to sign will be the highest paid, and before long, Flacco will drop to 5th highest paid QB.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So basically you're saying that the other qbs WANT Flacco to get the big payday because they know if he does and then they out perform him they will be able to try and demand just as much? They sorta want him to set the precedent. I'd say you're not far off.