1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph wins #2 job in TN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    No crap there's unicorns. But what's the percentage? Specially compared to just another team having to win just the afc?

Were you not a fan/follower in 2019? Because Tomlin did, and everyone agreed Rudolph was not it.

Rudolph shined at the last 3 games last year because of how much of a joke Pickett looked.... Kent Graham would have looked great compared to Pickett.

And now that Rudolph beats out Malik Willis, you and others pull your single sock out of the drawer. ..... Pickett could beat out Willis. So it's not really that cool like you and others are trying to make it out to be.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    He had 6 years of fair chance

His much more do you think he needed

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure how long you guys have been on the board so if you know this already I apologize. The anthem protests was a issue that really hit the community hard and we lost some very active and good people. Just like anywhere honest discussion became arguing and it took a while fir the board to get back to that. Since then we have had an influx of new members and some go prison yard from their first post. Doesn't have to be that way but you know what they say about old dogs. Anyway things work out and I don't like seeing even the problem members booted because it still lessens the community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    So sitting on the bench is a fair chance . Terry was not great his first year either but He had talent and good coaching and history was made . Mason had talent was not coached up and became history

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    it’s not even about the hating and bashing him. It’s about disrespecting other board members on here that start posts that has nothing to do with him. Like this one for example, then some Jack@ss has to once again start the hate.

There is plenty of other posts that the hate can be talked about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wanted to give this a hilarious AND winner rating.

Good to see you Jeh, you were missed. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You're probably right, but talk about rescuing your career out of the fire. He was one step from the couch and now he's probably bought himself at least a couple more seasons of making an NFL salary, and will greatly improve his pension. Good for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Malik Willis traded to GB. Lost out to Mason ****ing Rudolph.

Me on Willis:

upload_2024-8-27_15-14-37.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Did he get booted?! I missed the announcement. I wondered why I wasn't having violent palpitations while reading the board anymore. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Yeah, I don't see Willis keeping that team above water if something happens to Jordan Love.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    He just had two bad game in 2019. One against Cleveland, when he was hit over his head after getting knocked out, and the following game against Cincinnati when he was called a racist during the week. He had three games with passer rating over 100. if you take those two games away as there were extenuating circumstances, his passer rating was 94.6. That's really good for guy in his first year of starting. His 2023 regular season rating was 118...which is phenomenal. This year in training camp his stats blew away Malik and Levis both. (https://sports.yahoo.com/were-titans-quarterbacks-final-numbers-090006038.html). Mason was never really given a chance by Tomlin. He is better than half the starting QB's in the league and has never really been given a chance. Levi Willis is injury prone and also inaccurate as he throws on the run a lot (You will never be accurate throwing on the run as you are a moving target, throwing to a moving target.). Hopefully this year Mason gets an extended chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Mason was never going to take over the QB role from Ben. If you want to say they should have started Mason after Ben retired, and drafted Kenny to back him up, and just left Mitch on the frozen bench in Buffalo, maybe I'll listen to that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I just had to check to make sure he played in 2019. have y'all bumped your head? mandela effect? because Mason was given a chance. he sucked. everyone knew he sucked.

and he did look good at the end of last year. but anyone looked better than Pickett.

also Rudolph was a jerk and cry baby and vocal about that. That's thing Tomlin does not like.

54654.JPG

15. pastorbob

Jan 2, 2012
    Saying Mason should have shared the beating time caused by the lack of a good line with Ben and eased in as the starting qb. Instead he rode the pine bench to long ,finally got a chance till tolin saw another shiny qb in pickett and really dumped Mason ,bad choice .

16. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    And yet somehow Tomlin coached that team into the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    That doesn't make sense to me. Ben was not going to sit because the "line was playing bad", just to let Mason get reps. What?

18. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    He only sucked in two games which were extenuating circumstances. He sucked against Cleveland in which he was hit on the head with his helmet and was under pressure the whole game (Should have never been on the field). He also sucked the next game after going through a national controversy about falsely being accused of being a racist. He had three games of above 100 QB rating and an average rating of 94.6, if you take away those two bad games. That is excellent for a first year starter. He had a QB rating of 118 last year during regular season which is phenomenal. .This year his stats blow away the other two QB in training camp. He's better than half the QB's starting in league today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I was listening to some of the cuts on radio, the number of Qb's who have stayed around like this is pretty remarkable. Even if he is just the 3-5 million range, he does that long enough and plays it smart he will be set for life.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I wouldn't say he was better than half the starters, but I also think fans were kind of ruthless with the expectations, especially with the suckass line we had. As was posted in a post above, if he stays healthy and rides it out he can build a nice income for life being a back up in this league.

21. pastorbob

Jan 2, 2012
    Ben should have played less as he was beat up too often and while capable of a quarter or two of good play a game , he needed more time resting and recuperating . Some time of mentoring Mason could have helped Bens mental game which was his weak spot . If Mason was used to ease Ben into a well deserved retirement imho Ben would have lasted longer , Mason would have developed better and we wouldn't be in the qb situation we are in .

• Like Like x 1
  22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Fair chance in 2019 and 2021 Detroit game. Fair chance at the end of 2023 for 3 games, which for the most part he delivered. When were the other 6 years of fair chances?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Me too… oh well

24. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Nick Foles ll. :smiley1:

25. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member