1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph wins #2 job in TN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Aug 27, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    All good

I went fishing up in northern Ontario with @JackAttack 5958 and all was going well. We drank a few beers and during the discussion I brought up the name of @Formerscribe and Jack just got in his truck and left me in the wilderness. It was a long walk back and well naturally I couldn’t leave until I finished all of the beer.

I have noticed Scribe finally got his butt booted.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I don't know if he was booted or just scolded but either way, it's been all quiet on that front. Regardless, nice to have you back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Do you think it might have something to do with Malik Willis being traded to Green Bay to be their backup?

4. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Along the same lines......current QBs on the roster in the NFL:

1 team with 5 (Redskins)
    10 teams with 4. Steelers are in this group
    16 teams with 3.
    5 teams with 2. (Chargers, Buccaneers, Titans, Dolphins, Bills)

Trubisky is #2 on the Bills, Rudolph is #2 on the Titans, Pickett is #2 on the Eagles, Dobbs is #2 on the 49ers. Apparently the Steelers are good at creating #2 QBs.....lol......Also, Trubisky and Rudolph are both #2 on teams with only 2 QBs on the roster right now, so they are a heartbeat away from being the only option.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I didn't even notice that about Scribe getting the boot. He was right in a lot of what he said, but it was the way he said it that rubbed people the wrong way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Malik traded to Green Bay to be their backup

7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yet the Rudolph fans are ready for a ticker tape parade because he is the #2 QB on a team that has only 2 QB's.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    It’s difficult sometimes. How bad was or still is the qb situation in Pittsburgh that you want Mason to be your full time starter? Sad

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Than you got one on here from Cali that bashes Ben every chance he gets?! Yet tell everyone else they know nothing about football! Really? Wow! West coast air is different

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i did notice he was gone. it had to happen, it was way too caustic at times with him, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

well, whether TN has 2 or 4 QBs, it does not matter. Rudolph is clearly the #2, unless TN is working on a trade to bring in a #2, but I am thinking they are pretty solid and secure with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Which literally just happened. So he beat out nobody for the number 2 spot. Got it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Last I heard, Pickett wasn’t impressing in Philly (based on the same issues he had here).

I’m not sure what the news of Rudolph being #2 points to?

Seems like both QBs are who we thought they were (unless one of them magically turns things around).

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I've had a few run in's with him, very combative individual. Not going to lose any sleep over him getting 86'ed. The way things are going, I might be next :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin strikes again

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I kinda agree, and I kinda don't. People judge Mason off of one Year....where He wasn't that bad, and got a bad concussion, and He had a good run last year....all of which He had no real practice time until He was called up......Yet We signed a guy we have seen have worse years....3 in a row to be exact. Hell I seen 49ers trade players for a Qb that they don't even have anymore...did anyone watch Trey Lances last preseason game....LoL.....so Just because a team does it ....it doesn't make it correct.
    Also them trading Malik Willis was because He got beat out....not because He beat out Mason.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    His account seems to still be valid maybe he was just ***** slapped

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm assuming the Pack felt like the QB roster they had was garbage, so they made a move. I think Willis is garbage too, so weird move. That is a team that has SB aspirations that will be a top 5 draft pick if Love misses extended time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Exactly. This checks out for sure. It isn't just the Steelers, but the rest of the league has all the tape on Rudolph as well and nobody thought he was worth a shot to start. He got to compete for #2 on a bad team with a young QB. Insurance policy for sure, but if Levis flames out, they are drafting a QB again... not rolling with Rudolph. Mason is a fine back up QB. Good arm for the deep ball, pretty accurate when he's on his first read, poor pocket awareness, but plays with fire and is willing to put his body on the line for the team. An easy guy to cheer for certainly, but that doesn't mean he's starting caliber (and the league doesn't view him that way). He will have a fine career backing up pocket passers in this league for another 5 or so years, but I don't think he will ever get a shot to be a teams true #1 option and that's okay. He isn't that guy to begin with.

20. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Good for Mason. Glad he didn't retire.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

we need to be on best behavior! we can be nice while having an opinion......

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Of course there's unicorns.

But you fail to understand there's way more of a greater and easier of a chance for the Steelers to win the afc.
    Vs
    A backup taking over
    A backup getting a ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Happy for him and hope he gets a real chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Even better Titan/Eagle SB. Mason vs Kenny:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Glad for Mason cause he really did not get a fair shake with us .Imhop his chance to succeed were crossed by two giant egos Tomlins and Bens .If ben retired when he should have (and I really liked Ben) Mason could have developed and grown with the confidence needed to be a real good qb. Hard to get any swagger when in the shadow of Ben when ironically Ben had become a shadow of the Ben we loved . Sad that when he showed us something with 3 needed wins he found himself in the shadow of another qb on the wane , wilson . Enough was enough and Mason moved on . Hope Iam wrong about Wilson ,not wrong about tomlin who I like as a person but like The Steelers a lot more . As an aside the board can use some more mustard .