1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TRADE TOMLIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Aug 24, 2024.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Apologies my dear sir

3. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm all for hypothetical scenarios but for Christ's sake, make them logical. You are in the same group that trashes Art Rooney any chance you get and you lament the fact that he gave Tomlin a 3 year extension. What in all of creation would make you think he would ever entertain the idea of trading him?
    Retire? Maybe. Fire him? Unlikely but still in the realm of possibility. Trade him? Just don't ever see it happening, my man.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I dont either.I have seen 3 coaches in my lifetime and im close to being a fossil. Just a wishful scenario is all.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A couple of down seasons and Art II might get a bit antsy. Nah he loves Coach Cliche and his witty banter of nothingness. And their will be excuses.

Hopefully his son Dan takes over and starts a new regime and puts an end to the coach for life crap.

And they are not going to trade him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm almost hoping they do only win 5 games, at least they'll have a good chance of drafting a franchise QB

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, a trade would be out of the question. That rarely ever happens anyway. Unfortunately we're stuck with him unless they have 2 or 3 bad seasons in a row, or by the grace of God he decides to step down

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Would You be willing to lay a .....let's say....friendly wager on that???

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just maybe because Tomlin isn't 73 years old. ....like Bill is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I took a well deserved bashing on this post. Oh well I just threw this scenario out there, cant catch no fish if you dont bait the hook.
    Also, I like stirring the pot once in awile

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No harm....no foul.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I wasnt named Sonny for a reason.:roflmao::lolol::hehehe:

13. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Nothing wrong with that. Anything beats boring

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I would say that this is a make or break year for Tomlin, but he just signed a contract extension.....lol

I do think that his legacy is on the line though. Too long of a drought on the games that matter. 2016 was the last playoff win. If I counted right, he has 8 playoff wins and 9 losses. 6 years with no playoffs. Also, the playoffs were expanded in 2020. We were the #7 seed in 21 and 23. So without that expansion of the playoff teams, he would actually be at 8 wins, 7 losses and 8 years of no playoffs.

He is going to be a HOF coach. Long tenure, games won, winning season streak, loved by players......etc. He is a gimmee for the HOF. But, if he can't make a run soon, he is going to be the guy that gets in but people are talking about behind his back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    They are already talking. To me his legacy has taken a beating already. Yes he is a HOF coach.
    He is becoming like a house guest that never leaves. Go home already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    As a person that grew up in a Saints household, roots for the Royals, went to then Memphis State and continues to be a Memphis fan, plus have family ties with Ole Miss....I have seen my share of bad coaches. Tomlin is not one of those. Winning is hard in the NFL. Winning in the playoffs is even harder. Winning the SuperBowl is the ONLY thing harder than making the SuperBowl. Mike Tomlin has been and continues to be a great HC. Yes, time comes for 'everything' to pass and one day(3years from now) MT will move on to his next job. But for now I would like to encourage you guys to enjoy this season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Nah, I've lost enough on the Steelers thx :)

I just want to clarify. What kind of season do you think this will be?

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Got any new material?

• Like Like x 1
  19. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    If you started watching in the late 80’s I can understand your limited ability to know how the sport works. I was watching in the early 70’s and watched Coach Noll build a team, win everything and then not do a thing for 12 years. I watched Cowher coach for 13 years before he won it all. There have always been dry times, not always because of your own talent, but the fact that other teams build through the draft as well, that is how sports work. It goes without saying the Pittsburgh along with several other teams struggled to maintain championship success during Brady’s prime era. If know anything about this game you would understand this. During the Steelers prime in the 70’s, the Browns, Oilers and Cowboys were never able to get past the prime Steelers years. The Raiders had amazing teams in the 70’s but could only win if the Steelers didn’t. The same could be said for the Niners run as well as the Cowboys 90’s teams. New England was a monster from the early 00’s through 2020. Consider Manning’s limited success, Rodgers’ struggles. Tomlin coached through Brady’s prime and the fact is Brady was better than Ben. You have two ears and only one mouth for a reason, sit down with someone who has watched most of the modern era and expand your understanding of the game. The fact is Cowher lost his way to Ben in 2003, we selected 11th in o4’ Tomlin has never finished that bad. Look at the win totals in 01’ & 02’ with no Super Bowl win. Look at the years after the debacle against Dallas in 96’. A LOT OF LOSING. Playoff wins do not matter. Championships matter.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Nice thought but with tomlin if we struck a gold mine we fans would once again get the shaft cause tomlin would still be a the standard is the standard and his standard poor .

21. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    please stop calling people great at what they do when they aren’t. He isn’t a great coach. Never has been. He was good at his peak and C- in overall grading.

22. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Mike Tomlin is and has been a great Head Coach.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    So if they fire him and hand it all over to you what would you do? Let’s see… you would have drafted Stroud right? And you probably would have taken Parsons and Nakua. And you would go in and tell all those fellas that they are gonna win or else then if they don’t you and you alone would fire every one of them and tell the Rooney’s they are gonna eat those contracts, cost be dammed and they will respect Pastorbob cause he has all the answers.

24. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    no he hasn’t. He’s won 3 playoff games in the last 12 seasons. How the hell is that great?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    This is a great post but I hate to tell you this but brother, you have about as much chance of getting these folks on here to snap out of it as you would establishing Middle East peace.

• Like Like x 1