1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO WILL BE WEEK 1 STARTER AT QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Aug 24, 2024.

STARTING QB WEEK 1

Poll closed Aug 31, 2024.
  1. Wilson

98.0%
  2. Fields

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Allen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

2.0%
  1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Million dollar question lol

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Wilson played well enough. Fields would have had to play perfect while Wilson bombed it for Fields to have a shot at being the starter week 1.....and even then, it would still probably be Wilson. Wilson will remain the starter until he is injured or until we have a losing season at the halfway point coupled with a poor performance up until then by Wilson.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, because there's no question who will be starting against the Falcons. That's already been answered

4. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Rudolph benefitted from the same thing all backup QBs benefit from.......the unknown factor. The opposing defense is based on the starter. When the starter falls out, there is a honeymoon phase for that backup before adjustments are made to counter him. .....imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    There is some truth in this, but If all the other games, and preseason didn't show You that Mason was better (at the time) than KFP, and Trubisky.....well :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Mason suffered from an inflexible mind or decisions made in a vacuum .....imo. KFP was chosen to be the starter. Steeler mentality has been shown over and over that when a decision is made about a position, strategy or a person, it is ride it until it dies. KFP was the starter until he was injured and the choice was forced. MT is the coach until he retires. Canada was the OC until the masses started marching on the stadium with pitch forks. Our situation with the center, the guards and more. There is a long history that the Steelers 'next man up' mind set does not include "The best guy starts". I think that KFP was determined to be the future and Mason never had a chance, until an injury to KFP forced it.

Or maybe Mason tried to date someone's daughter and he was forever the guy that can't be fired without creating a perfect lawsuit, but he can wear out the paint on the bench........lol

• Like Like x 4
  7. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Fields will have plenty of time to show he's a turnover machine - don't worry.

8. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Correct, they Steelers do not make changes, they are forced to make changes only when the current status quo untenable (unless it's MT where the it doesn't matter how untenable his position is in reality he's staying anyway).

9. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Turnover Tommy was reincarnated into Fumble Fields.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

was that a trick question?

you ask our reason for our answer - it is elementary - the answer is ...... drumroll please......because the HC SAID SO!!!!

bwahahhahhahahahahahaaaa

you are guaranteed to score 100% on this exam, provided Russ is healthy come kick off in 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The fumble against the Lions was Frazier's fault, he snapped the ball too early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The national media acting like this was a real QB competition, as long as Wilson stayed healthy he's going to start the season.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said whomever you want to blame go ahead, but....
    The question was....out of all the Qbs on the Steelers.....Was Fields the only Qb involved in 4 fumbles, and two dropped ints in 3 preseason games.....Yes, or No??

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I think Plumlee has a good shot!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Did anyone actually believe fields could be?

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let’s just say for ****s and giggles Fields was able to elevate his game to Josh Allen level, I wouldnt care about his turnovers.

And yes, I still think he is a better option than Wilson. At least Fields offers more with his athletic ability. Wilson is 36 and not very mobile anymore and doesn’t throw to the MOF. Right there he limits Smith on two things he likes to employ.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's MOF???
    I would always....always....always worry about the turnovers. You lose more games than win games that way. Last time in awhile we lost to the Ravens.....how did that happen??? Turnovers.....yet we can beat them by not even hardly scoring, but waiting for their turnovers. If Belicheat said anything of significance in his time as a HC ....it was this.....more teams lose games than win games. Hell we won games by barely scoring in the last two year because of one thing. We eliminated our own turnovers.
    Now if You told Me for s**ts, and giggles that Fields would eliminate his turnovers.....then....then I would rethink this....., but just the whole being involved in 4 fumbles, and two dropped ints(no matter who is at fault....he was involved in all of it) in only parts of 3 preseason games already, and with 30ints, and 34 fumbles in less than three years as his history before. Yeah I'm way scared of that, but like I said if someone could guarantee the turnovers would be gone....then I'd rethink this.
    Never mind....middle of the field. LoL

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't, but that doesn't mean....I don't hope he gets better. I repeat....this would be a huge boon for us.

21. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    MOF man
    Throw it to MOF
    MOF is always wide open
    Throw it to MOF if he wont catch it throw it to the other MOFO
    :roflmao::bowdown::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thats what I actually thought at first. LoL. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Middle of the field

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If you use 2 QB's you have none. Bring out the gimmick...

Wilson will be the starter. As he should be.

But Popcorn Tomlin is holding off in naming a starter for the Atlanta game :facepalm: Sheer brilliance...

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    When I saw he was waiting until end of week to announce I couldn't figure out why. Certainly it's not freaking the Falcons out by any measure. No way he is truly having a conflict in his head on who to start, is he??????????? Kind of odd to me.

• Agree Agree x 1