1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats Ratbirds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 4, 2013.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I still hate those guys but I wanted them to win no way I wanted the 49ers to tie the Steelers with 6 Superbowl wins.

2. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Totally agree...In the last 3 rounds, only 2 teams that I wanted to win actually won their games. The sickening part was both times it was the Ravens over teams I hate or wanted to lose even more! I have to hand it to Joe Flacco though...he did play some lights out football throughout the playoffs and tonight. Here's hoping he ends up with another team next year via free agency!!!

I'll call it right now...the Ravens won't make the playoffs next year!

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Somebody photoshop a Raider uniform on Flacco. ;)

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Pass interference is pass interference

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    he will be franchised at least

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Flacco, will get his big pay day. Lamarr Woodley has to eat his crow, about Joe Flacco. Flacco played a great post-season.
    Didn't like to see Baltimore winning, but was glad the 49ers didn't tie us Superbowl wins. I think I found out that Jim Harbaugh is a bigger baby than his brother John, but I will say this, that they are both extremely into coaching.
    If it makes you feel any better Steelers fans, we almost swept the Ravens this year, with a 2nd and 3rd string, old as the hills QB's.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i for one am glad flacco will stay he doesnt scare me in the least.....i am very willing to play him for 10 more years

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The guy played lights out during the playoff run, I'll give him that

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Buck Faltimore. All I've been hearing about for the last few hours is Flacco this, Flacco that.

I should have taken the day off.

10. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A Ravens Super Bowl win is never good. I am looking for a silver lining (record 6 still intact, Joe F gets overpaid next year, Ravens draft later, E. Reed incentive to retire, Ravens get even more arrogant, lights a fire under the Steelers org) but overall its a loss for all Steeler fans. Time to look towards next year.

11. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Flacco played well, but I think Boldin makes him look a lot better.
    That guy can outfight the cornerbacks when Flacco floats a jump ball.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Screw that, I'm not congratulating these guys, lucky bastards shouldn't have even been there. Who gives a **** if 49ers tied us, bfd! Watching the Ravens win was nauseating. I'll never get how any of you can root for the enemy, it's the freaking Ravens, absolutely disgusting. We could have fixed the 49ers tying us, but now we have to live with the Ravens winning the SB, nothing we can ever do about that. Great trade off! :thumbs_up:

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was cheering hard for the 49'ers, but now that the Ravens won, I'll congratulate them. Call them lucky all you want, a lot of people said the same thing about our Superbowl wins. The fact is, a win is a win. They won, they are the champs and they deserve to be the champs because when the clock hit 0, they had the lead. Nothing else matters.

14. SteelerHead

SteelerHead Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    No Congrats to Rats...Cheers to San Fran.for not getting the 6th ring and are now 5-1 SB record...WORST SB EVER FOR THIS STEELER FAN.I'll be watching MLBTV starting today.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    F--k them.

16. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    You can say that about a lot of QBs/WRs.

17. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup... what he said...

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I really couldn't have cared less who won that game. Just knew though that there would be a whining Harbaugh on one sideline or the other. Too bad the black out didn't occur during the Beyonce Half Time show. It would have been much better than the garbage that was being displayed. Next year we probably have to watch the Bieb. Yuk!

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes but in this case is very clear he always dump the ball in the aerea and the receivers go up in the air to take it

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. Just imagine if Flacco had Wallace to throw to. He fights with both his own hands to grab the thing.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The rats better enjoy this win, because they are about to enter payrol cap purgatory, they have to sign flacco who according to their owner will be getting a franchise QB contract, along with other notable signings due this year for Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed, and their top pass rusher Kruger, looks like their roster will be going through a big shakeup...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ll-soon-face-tough-decision-on-anquan-boldin/

22. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, Flacco doesn't always throw a jump ball.

I hate the fact that the Ravens won and Flacco was the MVP but I'm going to give credit where credit is due. The guy had a hell of a season.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Thank YOU!!!! This is EXACTLY how I feel as well!

24. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Flacco did have a hell of a season. He also had all the time in the world ( for the most part ) to throw the ball. Ben does not have that luxury, he is always running for his life. My hat is off the the Ravens for a game well played and I hope our O line was watching and learn something from them so we have a healthy Ben next season. We are still #1 on SB wins if that means anything.

25. steelburgh

steelburgh Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Tomlin Era, you are showing your maturity level...