1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So it begins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jul 24, 2024.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think he is more mature with better knowledge of QB position. I like the backfield he has to help and I am a true believer our O-line will be improved. I absolutely can see the Steelers being talked about as a top 6-7 team as season progresses. My biggest fear at the moment is those MFing injuries. I have no idea if Wilson has a quick release now days but I sure hope he doesn't get smashed to often.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

You're right. Partly because he can't coach this team into a successful playoff win not to mention a Superbowl. I fear I will die before this ever happens again. I will have to try to stay healthy so I live to see it lol

A cage match sounds like a splendid idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am not saying I am not excited but I would rather keep my expectations in check since I get disappointed every other year. I don't wish Russ any bad luck but I don't think he will make it through the entire year either by because of subpar performance or injury. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I agree. I am curious to see if he has something left. One of the issues I have seen with him is that he likes to play how he wants to, regardless of what the coach has told him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I hope You, and I both live long enough to see many many more Steelers SB wins

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BB#84

BB#84 Member

Sep 24, 2022
    Brownie here.

Just looking at the AFC and man is it stacked. Bills, Dolphins in the east. Chiefs, Chargers in the west. Texans, Jags in the south. And the entire AFC north. - Every one of these teams could win the superbowl.

Do you guys ever remember a time when the talent was so concentrated in the AFC? I guess the Chiefs are the clear favorite but I’ve never seen this many contenders.
    Going back to the 90’s and we had the Bills and Broncos,
    2000s we had the Steelers and Pats, 2010s Chiefs and Pats.
    2020’s and it’s the Chiefs and 10 other teams.
    Gonna be a great season.

6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Almost every team look good before a season but like every year, we're going to see some disappointments... To answer to your question, in the mid-2000s like in 2004 and 2005, the AFC was loaded like crazy... In 2005, the Colts started 13-0, the Broncos were 13-3, the Bengals had a strong year, the Pats had a down year but they finished the regular season very well and they were a dangerous team come playoff time... The Jaguars were 12-4, and as the 6th seed, the Steelers had a strong record of 11-5 and if Ben hadn't been injured, 13-3 would have been possible... the Chiefs had a strong offense and they were 10-6 but not good enough to make the playoffs and the Chargers had a very tough schedule and some bad luck they finish at 9-7 but they were a strong team who were 12-4 in 2004 and 14-2 in 2006, just unlucky in 2005

I could make a strong argument that his 8 teams were better than the best team in the NFC in 2005 (Seattle) who had such a soft schedule,it was comical their schedule

• Agree Agree x 1