1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Najees Market Set

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Good point. Imagine the total amount of money you will make over the course of your entire working career. Now imagine you only have until the age of 30 to make that money and you have to get as much of it as you can in that time. I bet we are all asking for a raise.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It wasn't dishonest, it was exactly as I said it was. I said his yards per carry was the same with Ben as it was with Pickett & friends. I never mentioned years or anything, I just said a statement that was true. We've already gone over Harris' "improvement". I am glad he had 2 great games to end the season that took his 3.9 15 game that was under 4 YPC to 4.1 to finish the season. It helped us make the playoffs when it looked like we were dead in the water. I will be in wait and hope mode to see if I can consider that an actual improvement from Najee or if it was a couple fluky games against a bad rush defense in Seattle and a Ravens team that had already clinched home field and was resting players. I hope it is the improvement part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Most of the time they do...at least with a decent Qb. Nobody finds it strange that after Mason started....all of a sudden the OL looked better, and Najee had more room???:shrug:

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Cool:thumbs_up:
    I just figured that's what you always did. You know....like ask me to answer a question....when I have more than once. I just figured if the answer wasn't in the 1st sentence....you didn't read it. So at least in this one You will read..... Cool. LoL

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ahwww!!!! Looking for friends. LoL.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Again for the slow MFers ......I said, and I will say again.....He was leading the league in rushing until Bell came back, and took the job.....why are You arguing this....you admitted it, but just to argue you are adding more than what I said..... I never said He was leading the league all year....did I ??? I said He led the league until Bell came back......your buddy @Steelersfan43 does this same stupid $hit. He reads what he wants, and skips stuff just to argue. Now where is the lie???

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Go back , and read.....I said they did his rookie year when Ben was here. You added everything else, and now act like a victim. Like I said.... circles.....victim....circles. .victim.....stop adding to what I say, and read what I actually say, and the arguments would stop....because in your own words you agree with what I say, and then add crap so you can argue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    ^^^^YOU SPIN ME ROUND ROUND^^^^^

Wait, Naj has no spin move just
    the hurdle.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    More real estate to defend. Most decent backs will play better in that situation.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This one started out better so I read it.

11. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Unbelievable this is crazy...You think leading the league in yards after only 2 games means everything?!....Time to put Legarrette Blount in the steelers ring of honor because he was so good in the first 3 games in 2014

Btw, Bell was great for us when Ben was out in 2015 and the other team's focus was hugely on Bell but you're probably going to ignore that.Even at his best, Williams wasn't as productive as Bell was on a long period of time especially if you don't ignore receiving yards.Williams was great for us but still not at the Bell level

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Reputation earned him 1,291 yards rushing and 85 receptions for 655 more. Sure. lol

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, it was dishonest. And yes, we went over your dishonest attempt to misrepresent what he did last year by eliminating his two best games.

14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You said he led the league in rushing while Bell was out. You cherry picked 2 games that Bell was suspended (I think?) and said that he led the league in rushing, and then pointed out that it was something that Bell has never done. That is some of the dumbest sh!t I've ever heard. The lie is that you claimed leading the league in rushing in 2 games is a feat that Bell has never done (as if leading after 2 games is the same as leading for the whole season).

Bell has certainly led the league in rushing in 2 adjacent cherry picked games. Between 2014 and 2017 he was healthy for 3 seasons. He finished 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in total rushing yards in those healthy years. The year he got 5th he played in 12 games. He was a stud. He was a Top 3 rusher every year while being the #1 pass catching threat at his position in the league. Had he not submarined his own career and put in 2-3 more good years he'd be a HOF candidate and very likely regarded as the best back that this franchise has ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    It wasn't. It is your prerogative to feel that it was, but that doesn't make it true. I said a complete English statement that was factual. You either made an assumption that I meant only 2023 (which isn't what I said), or misread what I typed. I don't care which one actually happened. However, don't intentionally misrepresent the intention of what I said (because you made an error) to make me look like the bad guy. I get that you fancy yourself smarter than everyone else... but you are wrong here, and your hurt pride is now projecting that on me. Don't.

As for the second point: I again wasn't dishonest. I actually said that I was happy that Najee had a huge last two games of the season because it helped us make the playoffs. It also helped him from facing the scrutiny of yet another mediocre season. The only comment that you could even think that would be "attempting to discredit Najee" is when I said *QUOTE* I will be in wait and hope mode to see if I can consider that an actual improvement from Najee or if it was a couple fluky games against a bad rush defense in Seattle and a Ravens team that had already clinched home field and was resting players *QUOTE* I also said *QUOTE* I hope it is the improvement part *QUOTE* I am not trying to take anything away, I am pointing something out that could (or could not) be relevant. Why is it okay for you discredit Mason Rudolph's accomplishments in 2 games against the Seahawks and Bengals because they were bad defenses, and then turn around and say I am being intentionally dishonest when I do the literal exact same thing o Najee. You've argued out of both sides of your mouth. Seattle was the 2nd worst rush defense in the league and the Ravens were intentionally not playing their best defensive starters so they didn't get hurt for the post season.... It is a relevant point in the discussion. It is simply wondering if Najee actually turned the corner, or racked up some big yardage in a short stretch because of 'Seattle' and 'resting starters'? Is the last two games indicative of who he is now? Or is he closer to the 3.9 YPC guy he was the first 16 weeks of the 2023 season (and the 35 games prior to those)?

This is a freaking message board, this is the exact place to be asking these questions to see the opinions of other (pretty die hard) Steelers fans. Not everyone is trying to trick you or one-up you. This isn't a competition. It is simply a question, based on evidence, to discuss... nothing more.

16. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You said he ran "predominantly out of shotgun his rookie year" which is false. He ran a little bit more then out of the gun than now (because, well, he sucked at it), but only a very little bit. You should look up what the word predominantly means. There hasn't been some drastic shift in how Najee was used.

I never acted like a victim. You made a ridiculous statement, and then insulted me. I came back with evidence to show that you're wrong. Nothing more to add really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    Meh. NH has already made multiple Xs what any average wage earner will make in cumulative earnings for their lifetimes. This is about padding his account, which isn't any different than what most people want to do. In any case, he won't be living paycheck to paycheck, unless he is stupid with his money.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said Shotgun, and pistol, but as usual You left that part out....just like You left out the part where You said He was no good at it....., but I'm sure Your little boy @Steelersfan43 will agree with You....here is a clue(don't believe Me check it out)....he agrees with anyone that disagrees with me....no matter what it's about....how smart us that??? ...LoL....so You at least will always have Him. LoL....oh I see playing victim again.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. You just said..... I think???? You who just reported to have a photographic memory . Can You say :bscow:?? More bull$hit talking in circles...., and I'm supposed to take you seriously. LoL

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Before You erase it. Funny Here You say You have a photographic memory.....later . ...as show in the post above...You say......I think. More proof of Your Bull$hit

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Throwing insults at others are very weak.....That's all I have to say.It's one thing to disagree, but calling someone a little boy or that I can't read because you disagree is another story.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree....so let the 1st one that hasn't....cast the 1st stone, and that would leave You out. You can't do something, and then cry victim.

23. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I never said insults on this site like little boy and things like that.If so, just show me the proof.....Every time you disagree with me, you call me all kinds of stuff like a Ravens or Lamar fan,little boy,kids or something else, you need to lighten up a bit....You can disagree and be respectful at the same time

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....
    Oh so You are not saying You didn't say insults to me, or others, but just You didn't say ones that upset me, or others LoL. Thing is ....I'm not a thin skinned person....your insults are just amusing to me. Like when a puppy barks.
    Insults are insults...you will realize that someday...this is like a kid saying I didn't attack him...well I punched him,,but I didn't kick him. LoL

25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Just tell me one insult I said to you or someone else and then we can talk again.