1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Fowler Thinks Dak Prescott Could Be Option for Steelers in 2025

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jun 23, 2024.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Ben era from 2019-2021 wasn't that great. Playoff Ben from 2011 to 2021 was putrid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You never know. I thought he was older than 30 actually when I said that so maybe. Still probably would cost more than they would want to spend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just because we drafted one guy doesn't mean they will all be like him.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know I'm not a Dak fan(old argument from us when I first got on the board), but I would take 20 Daks over Fields any freaking day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    There was a discussion on radio today, while Dak was not mentioned, the convo was centered on Trevor Lawrence then shifted to QB;s that have been paid and what the expectations are. Only 2 teams go to the SB and only one wins, but still some QB's have been praised for talent and that (at this time) has not materialized in the off season. I don't think things are going to drastically change, the market is what it is and desperation will make some guys very wealthy. Dak is top ten, but the smart guys realize it takes more than just 'me' to get a chance for a ring. IDK where that line of greed in greatness and losing some ego for the better odds is, but when you have 2 guys who are difference makers on the team, and they also can command top dollar, AND I've already cashed in , I think my ego would take less to keep those guys and strive for the trophy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would not pay Fields any huge amount, even if he slipped in half a year because of injury (or whatever) and had good success, but athletically Fields is off the scale campared to a lot of guys. Problem is can they sign him on the cheaper end and see if he really can/will develop?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Ben + Tomlin = messy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    and THIS is why I would have shown Tomlin the door, w/ Ben leaving.

CLEAN SLATE at the same time....

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not only is this not happening, Pittsburgh wouldn't entertain the idea anyways. Not because Dak Prescott cannot play (regular season anyways) but there are far too many holes to fill on the team as it will stand come 2025. For example, anyone see another good IDL on the team not named Keeanu Benton in 2025?! I don't personally barring the most extreme of extreme performance jumps from DeMarvin Leal; something I simply don't see happening. What about the EDGE Situation?! Sounds silly I know but T.J Watt isn't getting any younger. Safety even?! Minkah but that is about it unless Ryan Watts exceeds expectations.

Even if QB were the top priority for the Steelers entering 2025, teams like Denver, Las Vegas, Tennessee and even the New York Jets will likely outbid the Steelers to the tune of $60 Million plus per season on a QB who's Playoff Success is middling to say the least. Again, $60+ Million for little to no postseason success?!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Please let us find a decent long term QB in the 2025 draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think he is a very real option for the Steelers and they have the money to do it. He isn’t worth the contract he will want however

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelcityboyz

Steelcityboyz Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2023
    They did. they just forgot to develop him right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nor did they have the correct pieces to accelerate his development either.

Here is hoping that Fields can turn it around... hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if its at 60 mil a year?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Ill take a hard pass, but if i had a gun to my head and my choices were Russ, Fields or Dak , I would choose Dak. Other than that scenario, No

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I agree 110% with you, but you seen what Trevor Lawrence just got, Dak is worth more than him. As far as me wanting him as a Steeler? No thanks. But at this point I have no idea what this new breed of Steeler organization will do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hence why I did say $60+ Million at the end of my statement. For that matter, don't be surprised if he exceeds that figure. Some even have him at $65 Million at that. Mind you, that figure is going to depend on what Tua receives.

18. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Two pooping cows would have said it all! Haha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

So true, as the Steelers have proven, you can struggle to win in the playoffs with a QB that makes a fraction of $50 mi.

That said, I think it’s more likely that they fire Mike Tomlin and hire Pat Narduzzi, that they sign Dak this off season.

20. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    TBH.. its getting out of hand with some of these qbs, esp this mentioned group that hasnt won anything of value. Tua included

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Negative. I have friends who are Dallas Fans who have said for years they wanted him gone.

But alas there are some who want to sign Fields to a contract extension. And thinks it will be a small affair. His agent has to beg to differ. He still is a project who started in Chicago. He is NOT the long tern answer.

Wilson might be at least for another 2 years as they have to draft another 1st round QB in 2025 who can be mentored.

I just want to get through the 2024 season.

Giving up on Pickett has set back the apple cart. Not saying it wasn't warranted. But it did.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Never said it was the appeasing move for Dallas. All I said was Jerry Jones doesn't have much of a choice. As per usual, he enjoys waiting these types of contractual negotiations out until the last minute; Dak's last contract coincidentally being the last time Jerry prolonged that contract to be completed. I have little to no doubt that he will do so again with Dak. However, it isn't just Dak this time.

He is going to have to pay for a generational talent in Micah Parsons and a Superstar WR in CeeDee Lamb. Unless Jerry's plan is to hope on hope that Trey Lance can somehow, someway, unlock the potential that made him the number 3 overall pick, Dak is likely to stay in Dallas for the remainder of his career.... whether that is liked by Cowboys fans or not. Jerry loves catching two things in the NFL; Revenue and the spotlight of the National Media.

Remember that the Cowboys are the most valuable Sports Team on the planet; all by design thanks in part to Jerry himself. I seriously doubt he want's to play or even be second fiddle to anyone given how hard he worked from buying the Cowboys back in 1989 to what it is now. This latest escapade regarding Dak is a lot more than just merely "stalling" for Jerry knows exactly what he is doing.

• Like Like x 2
  23. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    So you are saying he would fit right in?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    We should just trade for Mahomes. Even MT couldn’t screw that up. Maybe.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is the cap being considered in this decision?

Dak is the better of the 3, but his contract is a hard NO.

I don’t think he’s a big game gamer and why pay THAT kind of money to someone who’s shown you his ceiling isn’t there. He’s had, great offenses, defenses, O-lines, great WRs, great running games, stats galore, but only has a couple sniffs in the playoffs.

Nah…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1