1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Heyward advocating to play for the browns?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If we did leave his mom out, the earth would be flat.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m a bit disappointed in Cam for the public drama, but I will also say that the actual quotes of him aren’t quite as bad as the articles and many posts here make them out to be. He says that he wants to be a one helmet player, but he also plans to play in 2025. Those two things may be incompatible if there is a large gap between what the two camps think his value for 2025 and beyond is.

None of us really know what’s being offered by either side in terms of dollars, years and all-important guaranteed money. I’m just doing the wait-and-see thing until something becomes more concrete. That said, Cam shouldn’t be publicly airing contract negotiation dirty laundry. He knows better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I certainly understand how so many think they still have it but don't. On a much much smaller scale it happened to me with Golf. I've always said a professional athletic has a mid life crisis a lot sooner then us mortal men.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    That is a cool avatar. Hope to see it in the GDT's with this guy :sword:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    "One helmet player" Never heard that before but it's a cool way to say you want to stay on one team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The clock catches up with us all. No doubt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    In this new drama; that he started.
    I'm fine he wants too continue playing.
    I understand him going to another team, if the Steelers elect to not wanting to continue with him.
    But I'm not fine the way he is handling it name dropping the browns. That's a jab move.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The doors open Cam don't let it hit you in the @ss. What a disappointment seeing him turn into a Drama Queen.

Hopefully the Steelers don't flinch and just let him play out the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Always liked Cam, he has always been a team first guy and a solid player, but at the end of the day Cam has always came up small in the big games (playoffs)..prove me wrong

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yes, he has. He has disappeared in the playoffs, at times. Our D has SUCKED in the playoffs, for the most part, since he has been here. he will be remembered as a great Steeler, but not one that played on a GREAT Steelers Defense.

he is well past his prime.

he is now trying to fleece us.

Khan won't be conned.

;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was joking about the Browns thing. People still don’t know that Cam likes to joke around. He was asked to clarify if he wants to play for the Browns and he said, nah, I’m good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cam likes to talk about he's one of the 5 best at his position, how about showing up in the playoffs then. Players like Chris Jones and Aaron Donald stepped up in the playoffs for their team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I just hope Cam was joking about going to :brownssuck:--because then he will suck and be nothing but a heaping pile of :poopy::poopy::poopy::poopy:-----:ACK!:

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Who jokes saying their wife mentioned it and they agree? And why even joke about that, after it's obvious he's clearly butthurt with not getting a contract.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Pretty sure he only mentioned them agreeing that having to play somewhere else next year was a possibility. The Cleveland references were a different statement.

Not saying Cam couldn't have handled things better, but it's also got to be hard hitting this stage as a player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    No hostages held.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think Cam is just being an Ass this year and he is going out of his way to piss people off, just because he can. The talk of him taking a pay-cut this year, just dialed his Smart-Ass comments up to level 9.

I hope.... Behind closed door with Tomlin and the Rooney's he is like I didn't mean any of that crap, just having fun with the dicks in the media. I have to get my pod-cast views up, so I can sell it to ESPN like Pat Mcaf.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I get you. But I really don't see any joke in any of this from the article.

So unless Cam wants to say the journalist are lying, I don't see the joke.

"I have talked to my wife, and we know the reality, and we have had those talks, and she said it could be fun to play somewhere else," Heyward said, via The Athletic. "If that is what is needed to be done, then so be it."

Heyward even mentioned where he could be looking to move, saying the Browns are a possible landing spot, if he does end up leaving Steel City.

"I still have family in Cleveland ... my wife is from Cleveland. We will see. I am not trying to think about all that right now," Heyward said.

19. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I didn’t see that anywhere. I did see he posted this

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He said his wife has family there. He wasn’t serious about playing for them. He said no when directly asked about it.

Maybe wait until the guy actually suits up for the Browns before killing him over it. Been a true Steeler his whole career, epitomes everything they are about. You all turn so easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is one of those things that makes me again question the contract restructuring. I saw the post on NFL.com saying he wants to retire as a Steeler but his base pay this year is 16 million, I am assuming due to some restructuring that happens every year to guys that have nice fat contracts. They restructure, get that cash up front as a bonus and next years base pay goes way up and you end up with a 36 year old DLine coming off an injury plagued season where your numbers are down and you don't look as dominant. message board warriors start talking about these players worth and it hurting the team. Meanwhile the player wants to talk about an extension and the team has to look at a business decision vs loyalty to a player. At some point some of these players are going to realize that while the restructuring gets you your money faster, it also accelerates you into the category of we can get cheaper and younger by cutting you range. Helping the team is great, helping the team recover from stupid signings maybe not so great, putting yourself on the fast track to we don't need a 30+ yr old player making 10 million more that the league avg at the position is just plain dumb. Sign the contract, play the contract, get another deal done and don't get greedy for that money upfront. I've always liked Cam but he should know better, he has seen those tactics time and time again with this team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    He's the one who started the drama of going to the browns. I'm just saying.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You have to admire his trolling game. He hit the sweet spot for Steeler Nation without trying. It is by far way better than SDOT ever did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It wasn’t due to restructuring. His last contract already included high base salaries for 2023 and 2024. I believe the last time Cam’s contract was restructured was 2021, maybe before the 2022 season as well, but I don’t think so looking at the numbers.

Restructuring actually makes it harder to justify cutting a player by adding dead money to the remaining years of a contract.

• Agree Agree x 1