1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Vegas think we are going to be last in division? 7.5 win line wow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, May 14, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't care what they say. Also TJ Watt should have been DPOY of the Year 3 times now....I know it, You know it, and everyone knows it. Woodson never came close for the regular season, and if You look at big game playoffs, and SBs....unlike Troy P, and Harrison .....Woodson never did any of that for us.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I seen it when it aired. I didn't just become a Steeler fan last year.

3. chucknoll

chucknoll Member

Dec 28, 2021
    Khan and Weidl have set Tomlin up for failure in his last season here.

Two pissy qbs on one year deal; the whole idea is to do badly and get a franchise qb in the next draft. GM team already know who they want and what he will cost.

Bet the under.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Greg Lloyd was in his prime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mike T has convinced me. We will win atleast 9 games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I took the over on 7.5 last year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Some were, some weren't. Most of them were up and down. Brees had moments and regressions, took him a while to get going. Smith just took like 6 years to be good then got passed up for the potential upside of Kaepernick. Cousins was mostly good. Baker was all over the place from potential stud to absolute garbage. Palmer started off pretty good, regressed a bit then played some solid years on some other teams... I get what you're saying too, but Justin Fields was pretty good in Chicago too. He's gotten better every year in a rough situation, and he's still only 25 (younger than Pickett). Carson Palmer took his first NFL game snaps when he was 25.

I'm not saying its a guarantee that he ends up being good, but I like his chances. I hope we don't try to turn him into something he isn't. Lets utilize his legs, lets utilize PA, lets run the ball effectively and let him use that big arm to make defenses pay down the field. As long as we don't try to turn him into Drew Brees I think that we are at the very least going to get a decent, solid NFL starter.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is a great reminder that football is a team sport. I still believe that if he had been fully healthy and able to make his usual impact, that could have tipped that game in their favor.

Lake was not better than Woodson. Neither was Lloyd. Remember which of those three guys has the gold jacket.

Searcy over Woodson is laughable. You can certainly make a good argument for Dawson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Woodson is a Hall of Famer. Lloyd is not. There are good reasons for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok....Here is the problem with the let's not change Him, or how did You say it....turn Him into something He's not. If You don't want to make Him into a better pocket passer, and just rely upon His legs....then no need to worry about OL that can pass block, and multiple targets that can catch. The whole reason You get those positions is so a guy can play from the pocket. I have this problem with Lamar fans also.....they will complain about OL, and Wrs, and I'm like how would You know??? He only throws certain routes, and he runs into sacks that wouldn't be sacks if He stayed in the pocket.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah ok. I guess Woodson wasn't on the team at anytime with those same guys who took them to the SB while He was on the sidelines, and that year they were all magically new, and different players. LoL.
    Nobody is saying He wasn't good, but if Greg Lloyd, and Lake, and others had as long as a carrier as Woodson ...they would have been HOF also. Also a great reminder that Football is a team sport....that applies for a guy getting a HOF. If Woodson was on a crap D his entire career.....He wouldn't have won a HOF, peoplewould have just schemed away from him, but He was on great Ds His entire career. Works both ways. Again. Only SB we made with Him on the team.....He was on the sidelines most the season.

13. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Even if Justin Fields make the AFC title games and has a MVP caliber season like Lamar Jackson,you will still complain about him because of his style and some random stats of their wide receiver or other thing.Lamar make the TE,RB and the overall offense much better but you complain with some stats of their wide receiver even if it was much better last season.....

I don't think it will happen(that Fields will be as good like Lamar) but I would be so happy if it happens

14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The 1994 gave up only 237 points with Woodson vs 327 points in 1995 without Woodson....Thank god the offense were much better in 1995(407 points on offense in 1995 vs 316 points in 1994)

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Lamar Jackson must be Your dream. No SBs, and wins a playoff game here, and there. Yeah You are correct.....I mean WHY should anyone worry about Wrs, and then turn around, and complain every year that He has no weapons. LoL. He doesn't ever make any of His OL look better in pass blocking....he makes them look worse, and when the league decides to go back to throwing flags for pushing in the back again....instead of trying to protect these RBs playing Qb....it will get even worse. Ever wonder why every time a Qb takes off the last 6-7 year the OL has suddenly been allowed to push the DL from behind. It's illegal, and used to be called, but they are struggling to make these RBs turned Qb look at least somewhat competitive...., and If You say it's not happening....put Your money were Your mouth is, and I will show You many, many, many examples of it.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do know when You score more points.....I know this is a crazy concept, but the other team usually scores more points....the other team has to throw caution into the wind. Have You not watched long enough to notice this?? When a team can stay within 3-7 .....they play it closer to the vest, and don't take as many chances. It's not 100%, but it's dang near a lot of times. Again if You haven't noticed this....then You should watch more games, and less highlights, and stats.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm not arguing that we shouldn't want to improve his passing. He is still going to have to pass, I just don't want us to try to turn him into a 3-5 step drop guy all the time. We should improve his passing, but do so in utilizing his strengths (play action, RPO, rollouts, etc.) not just "improve his pocket passing".

Lamar has been good despite not having too many big time targets outside of his TE Andrews. Not necessarily the Ravens fault, since they've tried drafting WR's in the first round (Breeland, Brown, Bateman, Flowers) but they've been huge busts outside of Flowers. I think the Ravens do a good job utilizing Lamar's strengths. They've built the offense around him, it is generally an offense that scores points, and they've developed Lamar into an ok enough passer to keep defenses from just loading the box on them. That is what I want us to do with Fields. He can be that Jackson/Hurts style guy. We can win a lot of games that way. It all just comes down to whether or not Fields can get it done in the post season. Hurts made it to the big game then lost (played well in the SB), Lamar has played bad ball in the post season for the most part. He has had a 1/1 TD to INT ratio in the playoffs when his regular season career total is 3/1, he's completed 57% of his passes in the postseason when he's at 64% for his career in the regular season.... The Ravens lose not because of Lamar's style of play, but because Lamar plays his worst in big moments. That is on the individual, not the team or the strategy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda is not a great basis for an argument. You are also basing too much of your argument on things that were beyond his control. It's not as if they were magically better without him in 1995. Other aspects of the team got better that year, such as Yancey Thigpen being healthy. He only had two monster seasons and 1995 was one of them. Did that happen because Woodson tore his ACL?

Your argument suggests that Woodson only made the Hall of Fame due to longevity, which is a tough point to support. He was a five-time All-Pro and one-time DPOY during his time with the Steelers, which ended with his age-31 season. Do you really think he wouldn't have been in the Hall of Fame if his career ended in 1992?

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was more a matter of the Steelers having to play a less-cautious offensive style in 1995 because they were missing Woodson. It also helped that they got a healthy year out of Thigpen, which didn't happen often, and Stewart emerged as a weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

You said so many thing I have never said....Yes,he struggle big time in the playoffs and he deserve a lot of blame and heat for that but he is still elite in the regular season....This is true he don't make his WRs better(last year he was fine in it in the first year without Greg Roman,so it was likely a Greg Roman problem since he don't know how to use his WR,even when he was with the 49ers as OC 10 years ago) but at the end of the day he make his TE and running back much better and overall his offense in the regular season are amazing,like 28 PPG and win like over 70% of the time.....Remember when the ravens were like 8-3 and in the first seed in the AFC with a complete depleted offense and the worst pass defense in the league in 2021?...When he has been injured after,the ravens did not win a single another game....Again,if Fields become as good as Lamar is it will be very unexpected but I will be so happy if it happen but not for you for some reason because of the style

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

Not true

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So great for Lamar Jackson, but bad for Mike Tomlin. LoL

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Read again that is not what I said. I said others could have gotten there with a longer carrier. I said Woodson playing on a great D his entire career helps him win a HOF. I said just like You said it's a team game to get to the SB....it was a team to help Him get a HOF. You know as well as I do if He played on a terrible D his entire career that teams would have just schemed totally away from him, but He didn't....He aways played on a good D.

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I said,Lamar deserve a lot of blame and heat for his playoffs struggle....This is also true he is elite in the regular season

25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Woodson would been in the HOF if his career would been over after 1996....I mean he make the first team all-pro 5 times in 10 years with us...He was that good but you will find another lazy reason to not give credit like you did when the steelers gave like 90 more points in 1995 without Woodson over 1994 with Woodson in defense....And yes, you can be elite in stats on both side of the ball