1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    new job for Harvin?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    why

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All basically on potential. He could be awesome.....If.....If .....He could be consistent, but for us he wasn't. Maybe they believe they can do better with Him.:shrug:

4. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I don’t know why the guy who sucked his way out of town in one place is given a shot in another place. I would think there are a whole pile of college kickers floating around who could use a chance.
    Basically, all punters and kickers are auditioning for all teams at all times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This is just a tryout for Harvin....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders. Plus the arrogance of coaches often enables them to think they can do a better a job with a player.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Well I don't know how to develop a punter but yeah obviously we were a little lacking

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.
    Also sometimes a player must be humbled for Him to truly look at what He must really work on. I know some of My greatest lessons came after being humbled.....I wish Him luck....just never against us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Compensatory Draft pick Window is now closed. After May 2nd.

All Players added to the team now will not count against the team for its Comp picks next year.

I am not sure how Wilson or Fields figure into the Comp picks. They count against the Steelers for this offseason, and count for the Steelers next offseason if the Steelers let them walk out the door.

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This is the vast majority of it. Despite claims by the usual suspects his issues were consistency. With that being said it’s really beginning to feel like Kahn is trying to reset the culture in the locker room. He’s done a lot of purging the last two seasons. Some I think were warranted and others not, but we don’t know what happens behind closed doors. That fight between minkah and claypool is a perfect example. Nobody had heard anything about it until almost two years later

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They don’t count against the Steelers. Wilson was released, which exempts a player from the comp pick math, and Fields was a trade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Poor bastards.

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Neither counts against the compensatory formula. Wilson was released by Denver before his contract ended, so he could sign with the Steelers before the Free Agency started. Fields was brought in due to a trade.
    Either way, none of our free agents signed for enough to qualify for even a seventh rounder, and they would be offset by Queen and Eliot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Titans signed Tyler Boyd to a one-year $4.5 million deal. That was too expensive? Seriously?

15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Boyd might not have wanted to come here.
    Boyd might not have wanted to come here at that price.

We don't even know if the Steelers are really trying or if it's smoke or if it's just poor click bait journalism.

.... when I see articles of "Wilson fought with teammates" and "Najee is going to cause problems in the locker room and field" being written for click baits. I think it's a pretty good chance us trying to get a WR, was just for click bait.

.. I think it's amazing people believe those articles without reading them as well. However, we do have people who think when Elon says he crapped on the toilet it means to buy crypto.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure he dropped his price after the draft, not interested in an older slot WR.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not certain they are trying to add a receiver, but they should be. I have a hard time believing a local kid wouldn't have taken a comparable offer from the Steelers if they had made it.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You make it sound like he is 35 years old. Boyd is 29. A one-year deal would have been perfect. You are defending what seems to be the Steelers playing the scrap heap, which makes little sense after turning over the quarterback room to be three guys in the final years of their deals.

19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I wanted to offer Boyd 2/10 a month ago so I'd have certainly done that deal. I hope they have a plan for WR and CB. OLB depth isn't great either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I never wanted Boyd either. Glad he didn’t come here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Steelers signed scotty miller of the falcons a wide recierver

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    With Boyd in Tennessee, Treylon Burks name is being mentioned in trade talks now.

Injury prone and never lived up to the hype. Still hoping Khan pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

23. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I still think Boyd's comments made against the Steelers played a large factor in us not really wanting him. In 2022 he made public comments that we "quit" and then doubled down on social media, and then last year took shots at the "camaraderie of the locker room" and the culture of the team. Sounds like he may have inadvertently burnt some bridges on our team and staff/FO that made us not really want to go with him. Can't really blame them TBH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    One of the reasons I didn't want the Steelers to sign him.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Golden is still out there as a free agent for depth at OLB, although they probably want a younger guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1