1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

official 2024 draft day thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 25, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Going to watch right now.

2. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah, caught that when I watch the 3 day late last night

3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    How many running backs were taken? Is this position really seeking a decrease in its value?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Don't tell me what I don't understand. I played football including college football. So don't lecture me on what can happen on a football field. I know better than you do on what can happen, and how to manage injuries.

We were having a reasonable conversation and then you go and post this nonsense.

"Calling Shazier the day he started walking"? What a joke of a take.

Most would be too embarrassed to say something that ridiculous, but since you have no understanding of what you are saying, you just post it anyway. It only shows how much you don't know....not how much you do.

He was NEVER going to go through the entire draft without being drafted. ZERO chance. You and a couple dolts out there pretending to know what they are talking about are the only one's that don't get it.

5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    What position did you play? The towel boy? Because you have zero thick skin.

You said some dumb crap comparing players with no injury history to players with a history of several injuries. To where you think they're the same.

Furthermore you don't understand why I said some said he would go undrafted. Because there was people saying he was going to be a #1. Non credible vs non credible.

6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    It's decreased big time.

There will be some who deserve it like Christian McCaffrey. But there's going to be more contracts like Austin ekeler around 5 million. With a ton of 3 million.

It's just to easy to draft a RB in the 3rd, that would have been first round talent ten years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    But you have to have a running back to set up the passing game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

No, I was actually a quarterback. But hey, you keep on demonstrating that you choose to insult me and make stuff up rather than making a strong argument.

Your incredibly ignorant statement saying I would be calling up Ryan Shazier as soon as he was able to walk is asinine. It is asinine in every way and always will be. Your accusation is so ignorant, it is actually sad and an indicator of your inability to actually form an argument. Your misguided attempt to create a make-believe and false scenario to try to discredit me is laughable. Your conclusions are, frankly, substandard and lacking understanding.

Comparing players with no injury history to players with several severe injuries clearly makes the point that there is risk in every single player that is drafted or signed. It is common sense and something that anybody can easily understand.....except you of course. Never did I say they are the same. I simply stated that any player can have his career taken away at any time from injury regardless of their injury history, and gave examples of that.

In this very thread, you are the one that stated that Wilson was never going to be a first round pick, even if he had no injuries. Many, many, established evaluators stated that if not for injuries, Payton Wilson would be a first round pick. Payton Wilson's comps are players like Roquan Smith and Luke Kuechly. That's how talented he is.

In this thread, you are the one that stated that Wilson was merely "good" and should have been taken in the 5th round. Being compared to perennial All-Pro players like Roquan Smith and Luke Kuechly is much better than "good".

Thankfully, you are not involved in evaluating and drafting players.

You go live in your sad little uninformed, self-created, make-believe world where you believe you know more than everyone else. I'll stick to living in reality.

Talking to someone like you that has no real football knowledge, yet lectures people on what they don't understand about football, medical evaluations, or evaluating player performance and potential is beyond hilarious.

You go ahead and keep telling everyone Payton Wilson is not a very good football player. Keep showing everyone how little you know about football in general. It's the one thing you're good at.

You said Wilson wasn't a very good player. You said he is just good and has done nothing to warrant a high draft grade. That is complete and utter bull$h!t. Don't try to create a false scenario that this about me not understanding something you said to hide the fact that you don't really know what NFL teams are looking for in a player, or how Wilson's abilities translate to the NFL. It is you that is out of your depth and unable to understand simple concepts and logic.

Wilson has been a great college player and has won the national awards as the nation's best college linebacker and best defensive player. That in itself doesn't mean that he has what it takes to be a good NFL player, but he also has the physical traits that NFL teams covet. When you combine his college excellence with his combination of size, speed, tackling, instincts, aggression, coverage ability, and production, they are exactly what the NFL is looking for. You just don't appear to be capable of grasping it.

This whole thing is about how good a player is, and how big the risk of debilitating injury is going forward. The better the player, the more risk teams are willing to accept and is much more likely to be drafted highly. The more pedestrian the player, the more likely that player is to go later in the draft or undrafted. It's as simple as that.

If Wilson wasn't a great football player, he may not have been drafted at all. But because he is a great football player with great physical gifts and NFL traits, he was always going to be drafted by somebody precisely because he is a great football player. Not because he is simply "good".

The Steelers medical staff evaluated him and the team knows exactly what they are getting or they wouldn't have drafted him. I'll stand behind the doctors of the Steelers rather than listening to you giving medical opinions with no qualifications and zero access to any medical. Combine that with your lack of football evaluation skills and your overreactions and ridiculous and unsubstantiated accusations of others, and you are the poster boy of someone that should not be listened to.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/k...ayton-wilson-without-medical-staff-clearance/

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed. Its just there is so many of them who can work.

11. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Okay? Who? Please give me something better that an 800 yd, 4 td, 8 catch proven back! After what we just did to Harris, we may need one! Plus one that will excel in Smith's O! there are not so many of them out there who can work.

If they were out there they would be signed.

Allen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    well talking about Smith, he had algier who got over a thousand with playing half the season. and he was picked up in the 5th
    - 2nd round 2022 all had close or over a thousand yards. hall, walker, cook
    - 3rd round. White was like those in the second. Davis-price failed. Robinson did good with comming off of an injury, so if not for that having to wait to play, he would have been over 1,000.
    - 4th round. Price was there for 2022, but 23 injuries.
    - 5th Algier, Williams

after williams pick there was 6 players taken who were not good. but then 7th hit with Pacheo.

so for rounds 2 and 3, you had 5 out of 6 who were hits.
    for round 4, 1 out of 4 hit
    round 5, 2 out of 5 hit.

in 2021 most RB taken all the way into the 6th were hits as well. 7 were hits and 3 were not. with 4 out of those 7 were taken after the second.

so yeah there you go. it is pretty easy to hit with RB's now, compared to 15 years ago.

oh and we did sign one Cordalle Paterson. dude was listed as J in his position under Smith.