1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Somethings Brewing (per Bryant McFadden)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BluegrassSteel, Apr 29, 2024.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I expect a bunch on here will jump on the Wilson bandwagon by mid season.lol

2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    My only concern with him is the amount of sacks he gives up. Those are drive killers and potential fumbles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Hope , and Pray He does very well. Russell Wilson....You are our only hope.(Star Wars fans know)
    Although I do find it strange that His last year, and Ben's last year are very similar.....yet one could get rid of the ball quickly(and had to), and one doesn't, and yet people thought Ben was done, but Wilson will be a savior (which I hope He is). I honestly believe He has at least 2 more years left in Him.
    Go R. Wilson, and go Steelers.
    I actually will care more about the W, and the Ls....then the stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's it. The guy that many would confuse Me with. ...., or the dyslexia member did. LoL

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, you were always saying exactly the same things, so it’s easy to see the confusion :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    Yeah :bscow:. Maybe You were one of dyslexic ones....LoL :lolol:
    I can remember a few times people saying .....well You said so , and so, and so, and so, and it would be totally against what I would think, and I would go back, and it would be SDot that said it. I'd think...that's SDOT.....not STD.

7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    2021 Ben could get rid of the ball quickly that Wilson but Wilson can throw the ball downfield much better too....It was a major struggle for Ben to throw past the yellow line for the first down in the last 2 years....I agree the sacks number is a concern for Wilson

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You keep saying that....yet one got rid of the ball quickly, and one doesn't....yet there was only .8 yards different in their YPA, and Ben actually averaged more yards a game...You would think that someone that hung onto the ball way longer would have more than a .8 yard difference.
    I believe R. Wilson will be good.....especially after what we have seen offensively in the last two years, but all I'm getting at is people that said Ben was done for both of His last two years .....need to realize that their numbers aren't very different. People will say because Wilson had a bad line....those people better remember the OL Ben played behind His last year....with a rookie Moore, and rookie Green at center. That's all I'm getting at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i expect him to play within the system and his limitations, at age 35. He should have a STELLAR defense. Be a game manager of sorts, while being a play maker, as needed. He does not have to be Superman. this is a good roster - let them help you!

that includes getting rid of Tub-A-Lard punter, even better yet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Russ will have a better D than Ben left with, I think.

and he will have a better Oline and running game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Thing I remember about Wilson is he made for a very boring Super Bowl 48;) That was a SB you ended up watching for the commercials. That said, if he wants to lead the Steelers to a 35 point SB victory I will not be bored at all.

Really wished he'd have beat Brady in the SB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was one of the few who had hope to draft a Punter but was told by many that they are a dime a dozen and you don't draft them. I believe in two things strongly about the NFL. It is won in the trenches and field position is huge in an NFL game. Thus, a great Punter really helps that cause.

I do believe the Steelers will have a different Punter then Tub-A-Lard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My exception is to score more than 16 points in a game.

Score points. I don't care about other stats. Score points.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You are making a huge assumption about the Oline being better. My expectation of Wilson is to play better than the last 3 starters the Steelers had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My expectations:

At least an 11 win regular season.
    At least 1 playoff win.

Don’t care about how his personal stats look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yes - we saw the offense could do that.....with Mason as QB :applaud::applaud::applaud:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The season and all it's glorified stats will mean nothing........without the Steelers climbing The Stairway to 7. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny, that was my question. What is he coming back from?

19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    My hope is that we have a much improved redzone passing attack. Wilson has always been good at that, and it will be nice to get in to the Redzone knowing that it won’t be three running plays and a Boswell field goal attempt every time

Denver fans will tell you that a lot of his yards were from check downs and YAC and that he was terrible in 2023 and I am sure he was at times but this is a new coaching setup with a very different approach to the Sean Payton offence so I’m looking forward to seeing how it works out

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I'd take Gallup as the Steelers #2 right now over what we have on the Roster.

I hope Khan doesn't spend all his time chasing down a trade and forgets that there are still productive WRs on the free agent market that would come in and be able to be the teams #2.

I still like DJ Chark to come in as the #2 WR, with Roman Wilson learning the offense.

Are the Steelers bringing in any WRs this week to talk?

If you Google the names below they are all currently meeting with different teams this week. I don't see the Steelers meeting with any of these Free Agents. I say "Free" as in "Free", because they require no draft capital and will not be wanting a $30 million contract next year.
    • Tyler Boyd
    • Odell Beckham Jr.
    • Michael Thomas
    • Hunter Renfrow
    • Zay Jones
    • Mecole Hardman
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    • Corey Davis
    • D.J. Chark

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Replace better Oline with *far superior Oline*. Outside of Kevin Dotson from 2021, every other position has either the same personnel (James Daniels and Dan Moore though not for long for the latter) or has been upgraded (Broderick Jones, Troy Fautanu and Zach Frazier).

Didnt include Isaac Seumalo as he arrived after Big Bens retirement.

One more thing; replace better rushing attack with *much better rushing attack*. Najee and Jaylen are gonne be running WILD this season.

• Like Like x 2
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As for expectations of Russell Wilson?!

If he isnt in the running for Comeback Player of the Year or isnt the Comeback Player of the Year; he is all but cooked. There literally is no more excuses anymore. Like Tomlin, put up or shut up time for "Danger Russ."

P.S. Dont let Russ Cook or damn the proverbial meal being burnt, the entire proverbial house will scorched along with it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe You are correct.

24. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I don't think last season was bad enough to get him the award. It usually goes to someone who was injured for most of the season or was really awful. Last season was decent for him. Just not steller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think he will be in the running for comeback player of the year, he played the majority of last season and wasn't injured.