1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

official 2024 draft day thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Rich Eisen just said that his favorite pick of the day is the Steelers taking Payton Wilson at #98. He said Wilson is a first round talent with tremendous production in college, if he doesn't have any more health problems then this is an absolute steal for Pittsburgh.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Bunkus (only because they won't let me say bull****). Wilson was the best ILB in the draft. He'll be starting next to Queen in 2025. To say it was wasted (nope, no "i" there) because we didn't get a CB is just lazy. He was better than any CB available. Are you saying ILB isn't a position of need?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I know many have him ranked highly, and I'm confident he will make it as a pro. But I always thought he was a 3rd round WR. I'm happy we got him in the 3rd as I knew we were interested in him.

Great hands, good speed, good blocker, well versed in a run first offense etc.

So I can totally see why he is a good fit.

On the down side:

Small catch radius, average after the catch, limited route tree, average route runner and poor after contact

Rrd 3 prospect sounds about right. He is the least exiting of our 4 picks. But a decent player.

I definitely would have preferred Troy Franklin. Assuming that it is not a yet to be known outside factor causing his continued drop.

4. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah OL? DONE with ABSOLUTE STUDS not joe smows
    Yeah I wanted ahigh end SCB Board didn't fall right
    Roman Wilson=Hines ward with a rocket booster strapped to his ass!!!!!
    Payton Wilson 1st round talent with no ACLs, last 2 like that Loyd, Hines. Only one contract, yeah I'll take that!

Man, just man, Kahn Fooled everyone and pulled a Colbert. BIG brass B*lls!! Just sat sill and waited it out! Anyone really think Roman would be there at 84. Not me! Did I want a bigger WR, yes, no complaints
    Powers goes semi early 2nd, Did Kahn blink and trade up? Nope, just called Colbert up, said just made a fresh pot of coffee, come on down. 2nd stud, maybe most important one.
    Okay lost out on all of the big time day one SCB's before 84, OKay I'll Take the super value pick in Wilson1 Okay Top SCBs, DTs gone. Looks at Mikey, you good with a 1st round talent Cover ILB with knees we know a thing or 2 about? Yeah knew you'd say that! BAM Wilson2

You bet this draft is insanely good, and it was absolutely need way more than the average fan knew why.
    Not a grand slam yet like last year, but we still have 3 more picks. There is an INSANE amount of some really, really talented players left that we could draft
    Solid home run draft the way the board fell.

Kahn and Co. you're the man!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    While I agree with you, I wish I was drinking what you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I wanted a CB as well but Payton Wilson was one of my favorite players in the draft and you can’t pass up that talent. If he stays healthy he definitely impacts your defense more than any CB that was available. TJ Tampa by the way isn’t real fast and is primarily a zone cb who struggles with faster receivers. The CB I really wanted and thought we maybe had a chance at was Elijah Jones from BC. Highly productive man cb with some height to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Well then come on over. I'm more than willing to share! Just so you know, nothing more than ICE cold spring mountain water fresh from the ground! I do find you comment funny, as most people tody Just HAVE to slap piercings in EVERY part of the body has fluid coming out of it just so they can "EXPRESS" themselves.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The only reason not to be excited about the Payton Wilson pick is the medicals and it hasn’t sidelined him in the last two seasons.

Trying to predict injuries is a waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Is that the Payton dude that ran 4.4 40 just a few weeks ago?

If so and taking in the comments here that’s one amazing cripple!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I fell asleep but it looks like they did just that.

Love this draft so far

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Oh it's a need. But his knees are a big concern.

I also only see him as a special teams for now. And sadly scared he'll blow a knee and not get that start chance at ILB.

12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed. And I'm not predicting. I just am afraid of them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he will get some reps at inside linebacker. Hell, he might beat out Roberts, who is a hell of a run defender, but limited overall.

One other aspect of this pick that I haven't seen yet. This tells me the medical reports on Holcomb aren't good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Damn, dozed off before our 3rd round picks

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    He has a 50% lower chance of tearing an ACL than any other linebacker in the draft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Man they didn't have to trade a pick! I will say I was sweating the 5 picks before we got to #51 and grabbed arguably the best center in the draft. This to me was the most important addition. Should be the day one starter.

I like the receiver Wilson will fill the slot just fine.

The ILBer Wilson looking to the future. Like Blast stated injuries can happen at any moment and we can only hope his are behind him.

So many Wilsons so little time :hehehe:

I can still see them adding Cortland Sutton after the draft for a 2025 pick.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This draft look very good once again....2 very good draft after 2 draft for Khan!....He deserve our trust!...I will wait a good moment before predicting a curveball by him before a draft pick!

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Very well thought out with the Khan and Weidl team. Held strong and landed the best center in the draft. I would bet he was on the phones getting feedback from teams with a possible trade up to get Frazier. #Bad@ss!

Going very smooth so far. I like that kind of party.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    From what I'm reading I guess I'll see a lot of 11+ wins predicted.

20. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    He was elected into the HOF already and now is being considered for the space force!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    100% that's what I mean about women raising kids alone. Men need to step up and be fathers that’s an epidemic for sure.

22. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Round 4 wants:
    CB- TJ Tampa, Cam Hart, Khyree Jackson or nickels Abrams-Draine, Richardson, or James.
    Safety- Jaden Hicks, Taylor-Demerson, or Odalpo
    DT- Brandon Dorlus
    WR- Johnny Wilson. Just to have 3 consecutive Wilson's picked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Man you know the players!! Well done!

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So you think this means Holcomb is not good? So we replace him with someone who has multiple shoulder issues and multiple knees?

Payton is probably just going to be a ST this year. His skills are not great. He's just good. He should have been selected in the 5th.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    omar you are da man.

weidl you also get a you da man.

excellent draft so far. abrams-draine next? :hehehe::smiley1::cool: