1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

official 2024 draft day thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 25, 2024.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I could see the Patriots trading #34 for Aiyuk.

2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    They are rebuilding that would be foolish of them and a waste of money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    He does not have a say on Tomlin’s situation one way or the other. If Tomlin left or retired for whatever reason maybe at that time Khan would have some say on the new coach hire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ve been going since 2006 it’s always a blast and a party!

• Like Like x 1
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The 1999 Rams were rebuilt in a year. Signed Adam Timmerman and Trent Green as free agents, traded a 2nd round pick for Faulk. drafted Torrey Holt with the 6th overall pick, and had the season's MVP as a back up QB. I am not saying it's going to happen, but worst to first is possible and getting Aiyuk expediates the rebuild.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know ... Moore can struggle at times, but the whole line struggled last year in Canaduh's offense.

Moore has also held Myles Garrett largely in check. How much better do they need to be?

If the QB keeps the offense on schedule, Moore is more than serviceable.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah like Troy Edwards was the highest Wrs on their board, A. Burn was the highest CB on the board, or Jarvis Jones. No they were what was left at a position they wanted, and all those times they left BPA at other positions go to other teams. Like last night. I Hope , and pray He is awesome, but No way did drafting the 3rd, or 4th Tackle in the draft(with some scary injury history) say He was the BPA....He was the BPA at a position they wanted....not BPA available at other positions. There was about 5 other positions that haven't even been drafted yet...., and all the BPA available at those positions were still there. They just drafted what was left at the position they wanted. Again I hope , and pray He is awesome.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Would You like me to make a list if all the players DJ has had in His top 20 that suck???
    No matter what DJ says....they took the 3, or 4th tackle ( with a injury history) while the BPA was still left at about 5 other positions. Hell positions that hadn't even been drafted yet. Now this doesn't mean the kid won't be good, and I hope , and pray He is, but You are going against the odds. We have many holes on this team, and 5 positions out there hadn't even been drafted yet. So the chances that the BPA of many other positions was still out there. This is how we ended up with Troy Edwards at wr, KFP at Qb, and A. Burns at CB....because that was the positions they wanted 1st, and took what was left of that position, or drafted that position whether they were good , or not. They practically said .....we are taking this position.....No matter what.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I see it starts at 8:00 again. Maybe next year we'll have the #1 pick and not have to wait so long;) Screw that, let's have to wait until #32.

Reading around the net and found this second round pick interesting. Zach Frazier. Had to look him up. I think it'd be really odd for the Steelers to go back to back on the O-Line.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah like it was clear when We took Troy Edwards at wr, A. Burns at cb, or KFP at Qb. It's a clear indication that sometimes they see a position as a top priority, and they draft that position 1st no matter who is there, or left. Does this mean that the kid won't be good .....No....it just mean the chances aren't as good . Especially with about 5 other positions not even being drafted yet that they could have gotten the BPA at one of them.

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    if we don't move around and JPC is gone and Frazier is sitting there, I'd be we grab him. many say he is day 1 ready to play.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    When the Steelers were on the clock I was expecting Terrion Arnold or Nate Wiggins to be selected. Fauntanu is a guy they sent Meyer to watch, brought him in as one of their 30 visits, and Tomlin and Omar talked extensively with the Huskies staff while everyone was at the GA proday, I think it was.

It was not the pick I expected there with how the board fell, but I do think they drafted a guy they put a lot into and that they trust. We’ll see.

• Like Like x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The fact 20+ other teams passed on them should speak volumes. Y’all seem to forget every team has their own big board which fits their scheme etc. The rankings the media put out aren’t worth a hill of beans.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we have ours for 1 year. both of them. they could easily trade cousins away at some point. we can't. we will have to pay a good amount for one next year. one way or another. :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn wish I wasn't buzzed.

Teams have to draft based on positions needed, no? Why draft the BPA when it's your turn if that position is set on the team? Say we need a center and the BPA at WR, RB and QB are still on the board when it's your pick. Are you suggesting to take one of them instead of what we need even if the guy is 2nd or 3rd best???

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was waiting for the explosion. Personally I would have drafted Arnold at #20, but after watching film of Fautanu this AM I do get it. He’s a very good offensive lineman. He’s also a really good mover which will help in Smith’s scheme.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then by this note I guess we should have grabbed a Qb since 6 other teams before us took one:shrug:
    Of course some of the positions dropped when 6 Qbs are taken before our pick.....that's all the more reason that many of the other positions still had BPA

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You must be smoking your crop again

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Damn, @S.T.D , I didn't realize your 30,000 posts were just 10 posts repeated 3,000 times.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I never once said He wouldn't be good, but we have seen this before, and anyone that says it's not true would be telling falsehoods. We have seen us go after a positions no matter who was there , or left at that position, and has bitten us on our a$$. Troy Edwards, A. Burns, and KFP are the 1st that jump to mind, and there was many great players left at other positions when we took them.....because we just had to have that position .....that year in the 1st.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes you do, but ask yourself this....is tackle the only position of need on the team???

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    You mean the Steelers could get Cousins next year and only have to pay him $1 million?

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    As usual I never heard of the guy until he became a Steeler but I did same thing. Not an NCAA guy, first I heard of Ben was draft day. I got excited because of the message board. Guys who know a whole lot more then me about College ball said we got QB. I know an Offensive lineman isn't a glamour position but I'd say overall it is positive among fans.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It happens when I answer the same questions....as they come to me. I can't change what I think just because someone else asked it, or commented on it. LoL. If I knew they would all be the same ....I would have gathered them all up in one comment.