1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This Brandon Aiyuk chat is exhausting...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Ok. I didn’t say year 1 or mean year 1. Sorry I was unclear. I said rookies. WRs on their rookie contracts.

We were talking pay. I was referring to rookie pay. I totally see the problem. My fault.

2. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

That kid in Detroit just got 4 years $130M.

3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it's all good. I just think / want production this year. want to go ALL IN this year. it is this year we have FREE QB's and can break the bank on support players.

We can figure out 2025 and beyond......later.

just my 2 cents!

go Steelers!!!:herewego!::steelflag::towel:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I honestly do not understand what is becoming nothing more than purely desperate begging for BA at this point. He is no scrub, don't get me wrong, but his career totals are not earth shattering at this point, yet he wants to be a top 5 paid receiver though. Is he really better than only 4 other WRs in the league? He is on a super bowl caliber team and is crying about being paid instead of eyeing a championship. SF also wants a king's ransom.

Didn't we just trade away DJ, who has almost the same production on average for being a "bad apple" and wanting more money? So we are now going to overpay to bring in a modest upgrade (his production will be capped in this offense) that seems to have the same selfish attitude and not focused on the teams success? I just do not understand. Aren't we focused on being a running team? Yet we have no center and could definitely upgrade at tackle. That's where the focus should be. Let the draft play out, see who falls off rosters after the draft, and see if there are any higher leverage trade options after the draft. If we were one piece away maybe, but we have a ways to go and need all the high draft capital we can get. BA would be a great addition, but not at a high price that limits us from loading up on more talent and is still an unknown in terms of contract demands after this year.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Johnson does not have almost the same production as Aiyuk and it wasn't just that he wanted more money.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    So.. the 49ers have drafted Ricky Pearsall....

I'd imagine that the trade talks ramp up tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Hopefully, one of the two centers falls or they trade up to get one of them. Pair Frazier or Powers-Johnson with this pick and I really like the offensive line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

LOVE THIS.

SF drafted a WR, is Aiyuk still up for negotiations? they CANNOT pay everyone.....

9. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I'm looking for Buffalo Bills to make a trade for Aiyuk another blown chance for Steelers .that's ok Picket to Pickens :huh: oops Wilson to Pickens. but no center taken no DB lots were there oh well :steelflag: WILL GET IT DONE

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yup

11. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    And if Ayuik wants 30 mil you pay it. Look what Detroit just paid. Look at what Philly just paid AJ Brown, AND their 2nd WR FIRST! So much for having 50 mil in two WR. What do you think Justin Jefferson's going to want to resign with the Vikings? I've been saying this for too long now. Everyone knows the cap will be surging the next 3 yrs. 25-28 mil for Ayuik last week would look a STEAL in a couple years, now it's a couple WEEKS.

Would I give SF a 1st of 2nd this year? NO! In 2025 YES! It was clear as a bell well before the draft that we just couldn't fill our big holes this draft. Just not enough Higher picks, or picks in general. Another move outside of the draft had to be maid. Didn't matter what we got for our 1st pick. Yeah I wanted a C in the 1st, and because of the way the board fell I was WRONG!

Because of the way it fell T was the right pick! Just as JPJ AND Frazier falling to the 2nd, the right move now is to trade up for them, which makes trading for Ayuik also the right move now. Giving us a top notch OL, a top notch SEASONED WR to pair/mentor Pickens, , using 2025 picks, giving this O a potentially VERY potent O. Which then allows the rest of our remaining picks all for the D! Yes we could use 2025 picks to fill the WR hole, but With who's left they just aren't worth the 2025 picks. Name the last receiver to come in and do what Puca did and the odds please. I'm going to take WR with the proven 4 yr NFL record that's 26 for the cost of the same picks every time even at today's price of 30 mil. You want an upper extra upper 2nd this year, it's going to cost our 2025 1st PLUS more.

Boyd? Please. Wrong side of 30, slipping too much, only a WR3 at this point, and he wants how much?
    Sutton? Ditto! He's 29, been almost a bust except for last year, is under contract for two more yrs, highly paid, and still wants a new contract. Who's left? Jefferson? What's the compensation, cost to trade for him? Anyone willing to pay that total package price? I'm not singling anyone,or their ideas out, but give your FULL plan to get what we have/need to get done to get a truly viable O and plug the Big holes on D!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Just posted same thing in different forum.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  14. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Older, is declining some, Not the greatest fit. Not new news. 20+ mil cap charge for SF next 2 yrs 24 mil this year alone. I'd want to move him too Still Ayuik for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Well!!....

Guess that's that. No Aiyuk or Sutton. Fair enough.

Roman Wilson will quickly prove to be a impact Rookie soon enough.

17. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    So when's the next articles coming out saying how we're trading for him?

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

PFF will likely lead the pack!

Expert analysis!!!

19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    we can officially KILL THIS THREAD.

20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    But wait, it hasn't devolved into a "Fire Mike Tomlin" thread yet.

21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    That usually comes around October.