1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

cory trice

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Good, we play them this year. Go right after him like we did against Edmunds against the Titans last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    There is NO reason to bring back Peterson! He is cooked. I would like to see Rowe back. I liked him coming out and was hoping the Steelers drafted him.

Thank you Denver for signing Wallace.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Given how this draft has gone, seems like the Steelers really believe in Cory Trice. Interesting to say the least given how he was knocked out in his Rookie Season. If not him, Darius Rush is another.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    These two guys are definitely the wild cards. If one of them is ready to make a year 1 to 2 jump, then we’ve got 3 capable outside corners, and still need another to have a good group at the position. If both are able to make that jump, we’re set at outside corner for 2024.

We still need a nickel, and I don’t see any of the guys on our roster being capable of high level nickel play. Are we going back to Sullivan in 2024? Ugh…

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

I would agree.
    we are thin at CB, but they must have some strong confidence in him. our 1 and 2 are good, solid. Trice is 3, get another kid today.

Fill in the blank (s) with UDFA's and a late FA - that is the roster!

they have Peterson as a last ditch fall back - just hope they don't go that route.

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I looked back at some old scouting reports, and Rush was projected as boundary-only. Jackson has all the tools for slot, and was projected to be either in the pros, but to my knowledge was used predominantly on the outside in Carolina. Not sure if that was by necessity or performance.

So there's a chance one of Rush/Trice proves capable covering outside, and Jackson kicks in to the slot, but it feels pretty thin right now.

• Agree Agree x 1