1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else dumbfounded on the amount of holes we have?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Apr 20, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wrong. We have only lost to Lamar Jackson one time.....in overtime ....off their kickers leg after JuJu fumbled . Same game Mason got knocked out of, and Duck Hodges came in. That is our only loss to Him.
    Also nothing You said takes away that Belichick has never beaten Him. Why.....because He didn't build His team to do so. Again. It does us not a bit of good to build to beat KC.....if We can't beat the 3 teams in our division.....therefore never seeing KC in the playoffs.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet Tomlin owns Rex Ryan, and the Ravens. Again it's the styles that make the fights/games.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then How do You explain Belichick never beating Cam Newton, or Lamar Jackson....yet we have only lost to them added together once???? Could it be because of How We build our team differently than How Belichick built His.....because of the difference in opponents we face in our Division???

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So Patrick Mahomes has nothing to do with it???
    How is it that Tomlin owned Andy Reid before Patrick Mahomes came along???? .....and if You say because We had Ben, and they didn't....then You are agreeing with Me....because now He has Patrick Mahomes, and We don't.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

sure - PH is the next / new GOAT. but KC sucked most of last year - adapted, figured it out - and got it done, when it counted, in JAN.

TB12 was a generational QB too, of course.

I still will argue that Lamar is good, very good. many here disagree with me. Ben was good, very good. Ben could not rack up many rings b/c of Brady and Manning, getting in the way for years. We did have the Miracle Win on the way to the SB in 2005 there in Indy. Man, 19 years ago - a lifetime ago now!

Lamar and Allen will have to deal with Mahomes for 10 more years - it will be HARD. and Burrow - IF he is healed - still has greatness written on him, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The pats beat the ravens and Lamar in 2020 but you are right that the pats always struggle against mobile QB under Belichick

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought Lamar wasn't playing in that game???:shrug:...., but I could be wrong. The reason He(Belichick)(IMO) struggles so much is because He has always drafted for, and mostly run Man...., and Like I was trying to say about drafting, and building for Your division....He didn't build for that style....because He rarely had to play against it .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Yes Lamar was the ravens starter in that game

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots - November 15th, 2020 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The pats also had major struggle against Josh Allen....Remember the playoffs game in 2021 when the Bills had scored a TD in every drive of this game!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/is-irregardless-a-real-word-heh-heh

Pretty funny. Basically you are the person it talks about. The funny thing actually is it is a word in a dictionary that is accepted outside of the Urban Dictionary, but because it annoys grammar nazis I'm going to use it more.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Welcome to the NFL rookie fan?

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  13. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    You don’t make any sense. Just speaking to hear yourself speak.

14. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Well Mahomes absolutely plays into it. But they weren’t that dynamic in the passing game last year because they lacked the receivers. My whole point is good teams can morph into what is needed in the moment to win. The best teams are multifaceted. Then when all else fails having Patrick Mahomes trumps everything. The sad thing is defenses used to be able to beat up players like Mahomes to neutralize him. But now the NFL so heavily protects offenses and QB’s in particular that a guy like Mahomes is nearly impossible to stop.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Thats a good question. Maybe because those guys brought abilities to the table that you can’t scheme against and scheming against opponents was always Belichecks strong suit. Those guys had abilities that transcended above schemes and game plans.

16. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Is this a thread about the wholes the Steelers have or is it about the wholes on this thread........just to make me feel welcome.

17. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    We just may be in a bigger market for a G after this season, Daniel's last under contract without an extension. That's why i would be thrilled to grab McCormick in this draft, just love him, almost a perfect fit for Smith's O, Meyer's system.

Allen.

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Still a lot of questions to be answered this season as far as Pickens is concerned.

Can he truly be a #1

Can he shelve his selfish attitude and put team first

Does he have leadership quality

I'm not sold yet but if he wants to be here after this season and beyond he needs to rise to these expectations.

I'm not in the Aiyuk crazy trade scenario giving up a 2nd and a 2nd next year and paying him 25 large a year. They add a receiver in the 3rd and add a vet after the cuts. Hoping Austin III can pick up his game and become more then a contributor.

If Wilson plays solid they are going to have to decide to pay him which won't be cheap a 2 year deal. I don't see Fields as a viable option. They will draft a QB next season to learn under Wilson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think Pickens can be a #1. He has a lot of talent, and just having some better QB play will open him up to putting up some big games (like he had with Mason's first 2 games in 2023). He has the ability to have HUGE games, we just have to be able to get him the ball. I don't think he will be a #1 in the same sense that AB was, but he can be a #1 in the same way DeSean Jackson was. Big plays, big games. I think his game can round out to be more than just a big play threat, but he has that ability where few in the league do.

As for the leadership quality, I don't think he has to have that to be a #1 or to be a huge asset to the team. He just needs to not be a detriment, and I think having non-garbage QB play will go a long way towards that. He's a guy that clearly wants to be great. He wants to be the guy, he just has to mature a bit to the point that he can keep his cool when things are going south. His first 2 years in the league have been fighting the adversity of catching balls from Kenny Pickett in a Matt Canada offense. Limited opportunities coupled with squandered opportunities when the chance was there... His frustration boiled over because of it. It's not an excuse, but the reality. Can he mature a bit? Yeah, he needs to. However, I think he's just a frustrated kid who has never had to deal with much "on field" adversity in his life and he just didn't know how to handle it like an adult. I think he can get there. I think he has a better chance of being fine that he does being a malcontent. Only time will tell though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'll tell You what I think, and it covers what I believe about drafting, and building for Your division. Belicheck draft, and builds for man....because until J. Allen He never had to worry about the Qbs taking off ,and running repeatedly. No worse thing to do against a Qb that depends on His legs more than to play man all the time, and have everyone's backs to the Qb. Yet because that's how He built the team....when facing this type of Qb....he can't just within the week make all of His guys all of a sudden be great in zone. I'm not saying He never played it, but that wasn't His thing.

21. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I here you but then how the heck do we play Lamar so well? Don’t we always play man?

22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

we are 3-2 vs. Lamar.

Ravens / Steelers games are always close, have been for 20 years.

not the best gauge in this discussion, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Looks like they just restructured HighSmith’s deal so they’re making preparations to move on opportunity. That a put em at around the 20 mil mark, I believe, to spend. They don’t do that unless something’s on the horizon and that something is costly. May just see that big time trade and it’s right where it should happen. Right around the draft.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Will You stop. Again Lamar has only one win against us as a Qb. I don't know where You are getting this info from. He has one win.....against Duck Hodges....in overtime....because JuJu fumbled the ball. That is His only win against the Steelers....., and We are 7-3 against the team in the last 10 games.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No.... We change up all the time. We may run zone coverage....man on one side...., and zone on the other, and flip that....man on the other side, and so on. The problem most have is going all man, and being stupid, and leaving one man to spy Him