1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

hear me out on this one!!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by jasper04, Apr 20, 2024.

1. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    How about this. Steelers trade Pickens and something, if anything, I don't know, something next year, TO SF for Ayuik. Never even thought of this till right now!! And then STILL draft a WR by the first 3rd. Works for me!!! True #1 to make Smiths O go, lighten the box, Roman, Persell, Wright, take your pick, really promising #2!!!

Since I've truly have flipped my lid!! I've just ran too many mocks at this point!!

Draft Barton at 20, Frazier at 51, or If Steelers feel the need use 98 to move up rd 2. Barton at RT Frazier at C. If Frazier somehow isn't ready day 1 Barton at C till he is. Pretty nice value here, position flex with Barton. Either way Jones goes to LT post draft. Line rebuild is FINISHED!!! If it came to it Barton could slide to RG in 2025 for Daniels if somehow had to be done. Cook could be RT of the future This year too, or Anderson, or Anderson could top back up C this year, for long time.

1st third for WR or SCB. 2nd 3rd for opposite if not used in 2nd rd trade up. 4th for DT. 6ths for ILB, double up on CB/WR!! HAHA!!! SUPER BOWL!!

Allen.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Ayuik is not an upgrade over Pickens. Would you really give up Pickens AND a draft choice for a lesser player? How does this move help the Steelers?

You posted this at 3am. I am wondering if you will feel the same way after the hangover.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Not to mention they'd have to pay Ayuik 15m-20m more than Pickens a year. I'd be more comfortable with WRs on rookie deals. WRs grow on trees and can find capable guys in the 3rd/4th RD.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i wouldn't. keep pickens around and let him work with azzani our new wr coach. i don't think this room is as bad as many think. hopefully austin starts to show some ability with russell at the helm. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope GP screws his head on, all the talent in the world
    wouldn't prevent me from moving on from this dude.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  6. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Honestly I stopped reading when you said trade Pickens. Then I saw picking Barton and Frazier while I was clicking off of it. Pinch yourself.... you can wake up from your dream now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Exactly my biggest fear. Man we sure can draft big WR's with immense talent, but they just can't keep there heads on straight enough to take advantage of said talent!

From Plax all the way to Claypool, maybe even Pickens. He still has a chance. Most talented WR I've seen in years!! When we drafted him I thought he could be better than Moss, or real close, now entering year 3, I'm ready to trade him for Ayuik and draft a WR just to get something before he's worthless. I knew there was issues withe him when we drafted him. Didn't' realize how bad.

Allen.

8. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Shame. I thought I made some valid points about drafting Barton, and Frazier Just trying real hard to fill as many holes this year with as premium picks/players as I can. What's your answer to dealing with Pickens, and filling all our holes? Not being a jerk. Would like to hear your plan as a GM.

There is no such things as perfect plans, just perfect intentions. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem

Allen.

9. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think my reservations for the Barton/Frazier draft is that we plan on playing Barton at RT long term in this scenario (not sure that is his best role), AND plan on playing Barton at C until Frazier is ready if for some reason Frazier isn't ready to go Day 1. Which leaves us in the pickle of what to do with Barton if he excels at center. Do we move him to a lesser position to get Frazier in there? Or are we stuck with 2 centers and a need at RT again?

My problem with the Pickens trade is that we are spending that capital on a lateral move. Our problem isn't that we dont have a #1 WR. Its that we have no #2. Why trade our #1 and capital for someone else's (more expensive) #1? We need someone OPPOSITE Pickens to help us, not just a 1 for 1 replacement. It doesn't have to be Aiyuk, it could be someone else... but we need to address the WR position WITHOUT sending our only proven WR out the door in the package.

Personally, I would draft either a T, WR, or CB in the first and take who we get in the second at center. We have enough capital to move up in the second if we are worried we wont get our guy. In this scenario we either address WR2, CB, or RT in the first with a starter, then get our starting center in Rnd 2. The 3rd will depend on what we do in Round 1. If we go T in Rnd 1, WR and slot CB seem like the best options here. If we go WR in round 1, then T or slot CB. CB in round 1, then WR or T.... I think our first 4 picks probably have to be some amalgamation of WR, CB, T, and C

• Like Like x 1
  11. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    I wouldn't be moving Barton to G, but to RT IF we snagged Frazier in the second.

12. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Thats definitely having an open mind.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Aiyuk caught more passes for more yards and more touchdowns. He is not a lesser player than Pickens.

That said, no way should the Steelers trade Pickens for Aiyuk straight up, much less including a draft pick. Pickens still had two years to go on his rookie deal. Aiyuk is more expensive now and will be a free agent after the 2024 season.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Of course Aiyuk had more catches and yards. He plays for the 49ers. Pickens played with one of the worst OCs in the history of football, Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph. Put Pickens on the 49ers and he would have the same or better production.

The trade would make no sense for all the reasons you just listed. Aiyuk is a solid NFL receiver. Pickens has a chance to be elite. Quarterback play and attitude are what holds him back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I do agree with this. I believe the only thing we must worry about is his attitude....not his ability. He has done pretty well with terrible Qb , and OC work.

• Agree Agree x 1