1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIELDS A STEELER

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 16, 2024.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hey, mods, any chance we can have this thread moved to General NFL Talk thread. It hasn't been about anything Steeler related in about 4 pages.

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

how about this:

NO BRADY and NO SUPER BOWL

I am sure THAT does not even make it thru to your brain cells!!

LOL!!!!

and no Brady and no Gronk, for what that is worth.....and maybe no Fournette either - as they KNOW GREATNESS and wanted a RING

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Outside of Gronk, the Bucs didn't add much in the 2020 offseason after Brady

Fournette was released by the Jaguars and it's not as if he was a super star running back...He was good but not great and he would have been average on another team...AB didn't have a big impact in the playoffs, since he missed 1-2 games in the playoffs....He was just a luxury for them

Their defense was good in 2019 despite their poor PPG number thank to the 7 pick 6 by their QB and several others turnovers, so it was no surprise they were better in 2020 since Brady was not a turnover machine like their QB in 2019

We should give credit to Brady for this one since I remember that some predicted that the Bucs were going to be a major disappointment and that Brady was going to regret his choice to go to Tampa Bay despite all the acquisitions before the 2020 season

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are forgetting Wirfs, who might have been more important than Gronkowski and Fournette combined. Winston was often running for his life in 2019, but Brady had excellent protection in 2020. Wirfs helped stabilize the line. Without that, they aren't winning the Super Bowl.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    People get so focused on skill position players that they forget the offensive line. They added a much-needed stud at tackle and that had a huge impact.

(My apologies for the repetition. Just responding to different posts.)

How did we get to a debate on the 2020 Bucs in a thread about Fields? lol

6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Sure,they draft 2 very good players in 2020(their RT and also one of their safety) and Brady was not alone but they would still not been a super bowl contender without Brady...A playoffs team,likely if we look at the Bears who make the playoffs as the 7th seed at 8-8 in 2020 but a super bowl contender,no way even if they had a QB like Kirk Cousins

7. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Agreed. Two points:

1. You will never ever convince me that without Brady, TB would have won the SB. Therefore, Brady was the absolute most impactful player on the team.
    2. For the record, I totally agree with you that without the supporting players, TB would not have won the SB even with Brady. But any of those supporting players could have been replaced with another equally good supporting player and the outcome would have been the same.

It is a 100% waste of time arguing as you're focused on point #2, which I agree with you, but you are not even focused on point #1 which is the actual debate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I gotta say for someone who writes so much, you truly suck at reading comprehension.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It is though, you’re arguing against your own position. Brady has always elevated those around him, outside of Gronk he only had Moss for 2 or 3 seasons. He makes everyone look great. What you are saying is that without TDs by Gronk, Fournett and AB that Brady wouldn’t have been able to win it without them as if he wouldnt have just drove the ball down the field and thrown TD’s to whoever was on the field in place of those guys. The only one that had an exceptional season out of the new additions was Brady.

Teams make improvements every offseason or try to anyway but Brady was the winning piece. They would have been another 7,8 or 9 win team with Winston.

Anyway, I’m sure you will disagree or laugh but this thread has been hijacked long enough. I wont be responding on this further. Doesn’t really matter if people feel he was directly responsible, he just further cemented his legacy in the history books with that win. He said “oh, you think I was winning because of Belichick, you got that backwards chump”.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Brady did make any wr look good. Hell Chris Hogan was a lacrosse player, Brady made him look like a pro bowl wr.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Seeing through a false claim is not poor reading comprehension. If you are going to steal my material, at least do a better job of it.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Patriots won because they had both Brady and Belichick. It was the combination of a head coach and a quarterback who are both in the discussion for the greatest of all time.

It doesn't take away from an amazing accomplishment by Brady to say that the Bucs also needed the other improvements they made for the 2020 season to win it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not arguing he wouldn't have made them better. I'm arguing he wouldn't have won them a SB if he was all that was added.
    Yet with all the Wr they had...they still went , and got AB, and Gronk.
    As @Formerscribe often says. Do a better job. LoL

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So why didn't they just get Joe blow then, and why get one of the greatest Wrs, and probably the greatest TE??? It's not like they didn't have Wrs, TEs, and RBs.
    I've said so many times I'm tired of saying it.....that they would have been better just adding Brady, but they wouldn't have won a SB if they just added Brady.....You agreed.....YET.....You are still arguing with me about it.:hmm::lolol::shrug:

15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

You should know, every team in each offseason adds and loses players....It's nothing new...AB was just a luxury for them and don't forget he missed 1-2 playoff game in 2020

They added Gronk who hadn't played in 2019 and who was like washed out in 2018 and even if he was good for them in 2020 he was still not the Gronk at his prime, they added a running back that no one wanted and they had a very good draft but without Brady they would not have been close to being a super bowl contender even if you replace Brady with a QB like Kirk Cousins

I mean, some thought in many place that the Bucs were going to be a big disappointment heading into the 2020 season and that Brady's career with the bucs was going to be similar to Michael Jordan's career with the Wizards

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Great thread about… Justin Fields?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I think that's a 2020 CBA thing - all football forums are to include a minimum of one thread/year that randomly breaks down into a robust discussion of Tom Brady's impact upon the game.

Looks like we got ours in just in time to avoid losing a draft pick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Allow me......

WHO?

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Show how much I care about him. I rather talk Brady. LoL