1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry Laws

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Born2Steel, Mar 24, 2024.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It was just announced that our state legislature has proposed a bill that would make gun registration an annual thing. Like registering your car. It'll pass.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    New Jersey makes you go through a lot of hoops. I have 2 brother-in-laws that can carry but they had to go to classes and training. Needless to say the government of my fine State want $$$$$ from you if you wanted to carry. Got to get a concealed carry permit. Both have/had jobs that took them into dangerous areas thus the need for firearm. One actually had to pull his when two guys with a knife accosted him. One guy dropped the knife and ran the other pissed his pants and apologized profusely to him.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Show on HBO/MAX right now about the terrible incident at Sandy Hook. Have not watched yet but some guy who had a radio show or maybe Podcast said it was a hoax. It went on for years and then the parents of deceased children sued him for lot's of dollars. The show is along those lines. Friend told me it was tough to watch since they honored the children a lot during show.

Aaron Rodgers was said to believe the guy but Aaron said it was BS.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Alex Jones is the guy you’re referring too. He’s got a radio show, podcast blah blah. He’s a huge spreader of various conspiracy theories. The only reason Rodgers is saying it’s a lie is people are tired of his dumb ****. He needs to go back to his hippy dippy darkness retreat and die in a fire while there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Who is Carry Laws and why is this person being Concealed?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I have a question for CA.

Making owning a firearm a yearly tax/license renewal can be considered rights infringement by federal definition of the 2nd amendment. Is this one of those gray areas where individual states can push the limits or do you see this becoming a federal issue if it passes?

Might be interesting to watch it play out.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Personally, they screwed the pooch when they ignored the first part of the opening sentence(a well regulated). However, we are probably coming dangerously close to crossing the line with this discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I certainly don’t mean any political debate on here. It was a question meant at face value.

You are correct in what you say. My question is more from right vs privilege. States can make their own laws and do when it comes to firearms. Too much regulation vs too little regulation I guess.

This is sorta the reason for this discussion in a way. In some states you can pretty much ‘old west’ with no questions asked, with the few exceptions. Some states have very strict laws on just the transporting of firearms through the state. Very little continuity state to state. Individual citizen opinion is not the focus, more the difference in laws and allowances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    TOO MANY PUPPIES
    PUP PUP PUP PUP PUPPIES

10. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Over my head I guess. Federal law and state laws require 18 and over in order to possess a firearm. That may drop all the way down to household rules.

11. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    SC just passed Constitutional Carry about 2 weeks ago!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Rodgers is weird

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022