1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIELDS A STEELER

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 16, 2024.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Addressing everyone who is saying Brady wasn't the main reason TB won the super bowl:

- I am willing to bet tons of money that Bucs would have LOST the SB without Brady.
    - How much are you willing to bet that Bucs would NOT have won if they hadn't signed one of the other supporting players?

• Like Like x 1
  2. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I was counting turn overs, not fumbles, since the assessment was that Fields is a turn over machine.

Why can't you take away not-lost fumbles when counting turn overs?

Every QB has an "almost INT that's dropped by a DB" a couple of times a game, but those aren't counted as turn overs either.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    PFF again, have to stop looking at them. Are they doing subjective TD’s too :facepalm:

So 40, still amazing and the yardage was around 4600, still very good. Actually the next season he threw for 5300 and 43 TD’s which is just ridiculous, he improved as he got another year older.

The additions weren’t that drastic, they already had a very good defense and on the offensive side Gronk and Fournette did nothing substantial, both on the downside of their careers. AB road Bradys coattails to a SB, he was useless in terms of being important to them winning.

It was Brady that elevated the team and carried them to a SB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Maybe PFF uses ChatGPT. lol

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because we are talking about fumbles. A dropped int... is a incomplete pass, a fumble is still a fumble .....no matter who jumps on it. You the number of fumbles you said he had was incorrect. If Your RB has 10 fumbles, but Your team jumps on 6 of them....He still had 10 fumbles, and You worry about them carrying it. You don't even want to know how many should have been ints Fields had that were dropped.....so don't even go there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So they just added Gronk, Ab, Fournette for the fun of it. Funny Gronk, Fournette, and AB counted for 4 tds in that SB, but they didn't need them. LoL

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Take away the other players they added and I doubt they even get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Look at the playoff games. Fournette was a huge part of their postseason success. You left out upgrading the offensive line, which had been a big problem the previous season. Wirfs alone was a huge addition.

No, Brady did not carry that team. He had plenty of help.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hypothetically speaking with all those additions Tampa made but with Jameis Winston as starting QB, do they win the Super Bowl? I said it was mostly due to Brady, not giving him all of the credit their defense was pretty good IIRC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I ask again, if they had all of the support players, but not Brady, how much money would you put down on TB winning the SB?

Now, put Brady on the team, and remove one or two of the support players, how much money would you put on TB winning the SB?

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was all of it. The defense was already in place, but it got better. The offense had some pieces, especially at receiver, but it took the improved line, the addition of Gronkowski and Fournette, and Brady to put them over the top.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't bet on them in either case. I don't think they even get there in either case.

13. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    ‘boy, were u ever wrong. :)

let me rephrase, what odds would Vegas give to either of those scenarios?

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is not relevant. Vegas doesn't set odds based entirely on who will win by how much. Getting people to bet is the goal, so perception is a big part of the game for them.

You are entitled to your opinion even if ti doesn't match the available information.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Insert anyone else and same result. Swap out Brady and no SB.

Funny the guy who says QB’s make the players is now saying the reverse. Flip flopper.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Both Gronk and Fournette in season play was nothing special. Brady still wins that SB without them but Tamps does not win it without Brady.

What is this debate anyway, that it’s a team sport? Ya, no kidding.

This is nothing more than trying to discredit an amazing accomplishment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nah. I just think people are underrating the other things the Bucs did to go from 7-9 to winning the Super Bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That is not what I'm saying if You have read everything I said. I stated they would have been way better, but not have won a SB if just Brady was signed. I think You should go back , and look at those playoff games.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I say again....if just added Brady they would have been better, but without all the additional players added they do not win a SB. Fournette in the playoffs was breaking playoffs history, but I'm supposed to believe he was of no account. LoL. I think many of You must not have actually watched the playoffs that year. Not counting 4 tds in the SB was by guys they brought in that Year.

20. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    All you are saying is that it's a team sport -- fully agreed.

99% of the reason they won the SB was Brady because Brady made the supporting players much much better as all great QBs do, 1% was the collection of others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So why bring in 22 other players if Brady was all the team needed. Why bring in one of the best all time TEs. Why draft OL in the 1st round, why bring in AB, why bring in Fournette???? They just wanted to pay more money???? They were just being friendly??? Make no sense if all that was needed to get them over the hump was Brady...why add so much more??? Did they just want to destroy their cap? Fournette had 4 tds, and over 400 yards in just the playoffs that year, but ....Yeah....he had nothing to do with getting to the SB. LoL

22. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    They brought all those players because they needed the very last 1% after they signed Brady to complete their team. No one is arguing it's a team sport.

Why are you so anti Brady? Clearly QBs are the most important piece of the puzzle in today's game, right? And none of those other signings would have even mattered if it wasn't for Brady.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm wasting My time. Yes for the 100 millionth time the Qb is the most important, and they would have been better just signing Brady, but they knew Brady wasn't enough that's why they signed all the others. For F**k sakes they didn't just sign these players at the beginning of the year.....when they were losing they kept signing more. Some of You I believe don't watch, and just watch highlights. There was a time that team with Brady didn't even look like they were going to make the dang playoffs. They kept bringing in players. Again.....4 tds in the SB was scored by the players they brought in that year, and over 400 yards, and 4 tds in the playoffs were by someone else they brought in, but You will still tell Me all they need was Brady. No amount of evidence I provide will change Your mind.....that's just how some people are wired.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. Trading up to draft Tristan Wirfs in the first round also stabilized the offensive line, which went from a weakness in 2019 to a strength in 2020.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is not anti-Brady to understand that the Bucs needed to add more than just him to win it all in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1