1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone watching "3 Body Problem".

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Brice, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Anyone watching "3 Body Problem". I just finished the 1st episode and it is a complete mind bender. From the people that turned Games of Thrones into a Series; now they are going for a modern day Sci-Fi series.

"Science is Broken" "Sh!t time to be a Scientist"

After watching the 1st episode this trailer leaves me with a lot of "WOW"s about what is to come.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sorry, I had to post a new thread, because this looks like it is going to be a good one.

Also, nice to see Sam the Slayer getting work after GOT.

I am sure the Binge people will like the fact Netflix dropped the entire 1st season.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Absolutely not!

I'm not wasting another second on anything that Dumb and Dumber make.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You didn't like Game of Thrones??

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Only Netflix puts an entire season up. Why it is the best streaming service. I love that fact!

Now about the show. I was pumped when I read what it was about. Must admit I had a different idea how it would be. I've watched the first 3 shows and will finish but I'm not a huge Sci-Fi person. I do love Science and I thought this would be a different end of world story.

I did enjoy Sam the Slayer in it and I think there is another G.O.T. alum in the series?

6. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

Im gonna get to it eventually. I marathon watched The Gentlemen last week. Very entertaining!

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Brother was talking about this, but How could it be the Gentlemen without the Gentleman Mathew McConaughey in it????

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I loved it until those no talent clowns ran out of source material. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Its got some similarities to the movie, in that it centers around the Weed selling business, but not really a retelling. Its kind of its own thing. MM and Sons of Anarchy dude are not in it. None of the actors from the movie. Basically if you enjoy Guy Ritchies style of gangster movies youll probably really like it...

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what My brother said.....I just don't understand.....why not change the name....if it doesn't have the Gentleman in it.....Hell Guy Ritchie has a big enough name to sell it on without the Gentleman name attached??? JMO.
    I have watched everything He has done.

11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I sure get that. It seemed the last season was all action no talking.

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That's not even the half of it. And it started in season FIVE. I cut them some slack at first because I knew you'd never get a 100% faithful adaptation. Alterations and cuts just have to be made sometimes. But they did it with all of the care and subtlety of Tyrion's story about Orson the Beetle smasher:

They threw out all internal logic, character motivations and traits, eliminated whole story lines (or in the case of Dorne, intentionally screwed them up because they were miffed Martin insisted they couldn't be cut from the story), killed off one major character because the ACTOR (a die hard book fan) dared criticize how poorly they were adapting what little source material they had left (Barristan Selmy). Imagine Peter Jackson firing Christopher Lee from Lord of the Rings because Lee - a literal expert on the subject material - told him he got something wrong. THAT level of hubris. Not to mention character assassination of certain characters, intentionally ignoring many character's entire personality and motivation because, well, we need him or her to do something now to shoehorn in what we want. Characters teleporting all over the world. GRRM gave them a few tidbits about certain plot points for the future but allowed them to find their own way to them. And they failed miserably at making any sense of it. Then again, these are the same idiots that couldn't even get well established Greek mythology right with "Troy." Oh, they're very good at spectacle and memorable fight scenes. I'll give them that. But they couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag. With the ultimate insult being their literally pushing GRRM out of the way to claim an Emmy for best writing! Taking all of the credit when they were merely regurgitating what GRRM already wrote. (Even funnier that they got that award for an episode that was mostly one big battle scene with little to no dialogue).

And then you have the atrocity that was season 8. Which can best be summed up with this (I couldn't say it any better):

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Perhaps because in both cases its about UK Weed dealers? The growing room looks the exact same.

Im not too perturbed about the shows name. Im much more worried that Cadbury eggs will soon be the size of Hershey kisses.

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Love Guy's Ritchie movies!!!!!! Fantastic with a buzz on!

Marathon watch????? The movie was only 2 hours I think. McConaughey was so damn cool in it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I liked The Gentlemen at first, but lost interest towards the end

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Loved it for about 3 seasons. As a person that has read the books that are actually finished (more than a few times)...much of it bothers me about the show.....also....I was a fan of Stannis to be the King. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did You watch the Movie, and did You like it???

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can I get an Amen???

• Like Like x 2
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    A few of us put bets on it and not one of us picked the damn kid who got pushed off the wall. Since my pick remained Queen of the North I was declared the winner and won a grand total of 20 bucks.

20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey Brice, I know it is later in the day but the USA Today paper for Monday 3/26 has a great article about the show. Actually increased my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  21. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    No, theres a tv show, same Director, both centered around weed dealers. Same name.

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Son of a b!tch! How could I not have known about this?? Well I'll be binging on Netflix too.

• Like Like x 1
  23. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I finished it in like 4 days. Haha. The last 20 minutes of the first episode are beyond hillarious!

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I started watching this a few days ago, and I've finished the first 4 episodes. It's intriguing, that's for sure, but if feels like it's starting to be on the verge of becoming either a little cheesy or trite. Guess I'll see.

25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you. May not finish it like I thought I would.