1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which would you rather attend?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by saturdaysarebetter, Feb 5, 2024.

1. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Which would you rather attend? (Presuming the Pittsburgh team would win it)

Game 7 of the World Series at PNC Park
    Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals at PPG Paints Arena
    The Steelers winning the Super Bowl

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Though I'm in Ohio and a Steelers fan, when it comes to baseball, I'm a Reds fan.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Just look at my avatar. TBH if a magic ferry said I could have 1 more Pittsburgh Championship it would be the Pittsburgh Pirates by a mile. I really really want the thrill of a good Pirate team for 162 games and the Playoffs. Why I'm so thankful for the Steelers and Pens, they make the Burgh a little respectable in the sports world.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn you!! Just kidding, I sat in TRS in the mid 70's crying like a little girl when that damn big ass red machine broke my heart.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm leaning Game 7 at PNC. That atmosphere would be electric. SB would be fun but that ish outpriced me big time.

6. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This is what i choose too! Looks like it may take the second coming of Jesus for it to happen though!

7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Big red machine, havent heard that saying in a long time

8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I do miss hearing Pirate broadcasts on the radio. We went camping when i was a wee lad and bucco baseball would be on the radio! AM at that, i dont think AM radio is around now

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    My youth was spent with a tiny AM transistor radio listening to the GREAT Bob Prince calling the game. As a young adult I moved 400 miles from the Burgh but if I went to certain areas in my car I could get KDKA good enough to make out what was going on in the game. Actually had the cops pull in behind me 3 times wondering what the hell I was doing at certain spots in the evening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm thinking maybe the third coming as long as Nutbag owns them. MLB is set up for the rich. No damn way we compete with the 200 million+ payrolls.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Call me greedy - ALL OF THE ABOVE! :dancing::drinks::herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe you and I are in the later innings of life. IMO no way I ever see a BUCS WS. Penguins are going to go through a long dry spell. No complaints, it was an awesome run with Sid and Co. I feel the best bet to see another Pittsburgh Championship lies with the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Used to be called Sudden Death when I started following pro-football. Have no idea who came up with that term. :lolol: Hate to admit but you're probably right and may not happen for many in these parts.

14. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Not even his brothers Felipe and Matty will help, until they get some better starting pitching.

15. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    You are taking me back. I had one of those tiny AM radios and an earphone. I think I got it selling magazine subscriptions. I remember camping out in the yard in a tent and listening to The Gunner and Nellie King call the game. Once I fell asleep in my sleeping bag in my tent listening to a Pirate doubleheader from Candlestick Park, and the second game went extra innings. When I woke up in the morning, the second game was just finishing up.
    AM radio still exists, kind of. The auto manufacturers recently were going to drop it from car radios, but the idiots who spent a fortune buying up all the AM stations a few years ago screamed bloody murder, so cars can still get AM stations. It is a wasteland of religious nuts screaming at you, or if you switch channels, political nuts screaming at you. FM stations are like that too, once you get south of the Mason-Dixon line.
    To answer the original question, first preference would be the World Series at PNC, second the Steelers in the Super Bowl, and third by far would be the Penguins. Not a hockey fan, never have understood it or cared much. In my view, too many teams make the playoffs for it to be meaningful.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    You didnt sell True Grit magazines? My Aunt hit the roof when i ordered them as a child without her consent. lol

17. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    I think it was just Grit. True Grit was the John Wayne movie. No, I did not sell it, we had a thing in grade school where we had a catalogue and people could order a subscription to just about anything, but I think Grit was its own thing. You got points by how much you sold, and you could order prizes based on that. I had a radio, and one year I got a plastic camera.
    I read one girl’s magazine, and after I saw this one ad I hoped to get a box of tampons for my birthday. I wasn’t quite sure what they did, but I knew from the ads that if you had those, you could go camping, swimming, horseback riding, etc. And my dad never took me to do any of that ****.
    I also remember ordering stuff from comic books, which almost always disappointed. Some fun stuff, though, were stink bombs, fake **** , and exploding chewing gum. There was onion flavored gum as well, but even the dumbest kid in class wasn’t dumb enough to fall for that.
    Sorry to hijack this thread…..

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    You are correct! Oh, those were the days!