1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    We got Wilson for a Bazooka Joe Bubblegum wrapper and a dance.
    We got a troubled QB who looked washed up in 2022 and struggled in 2023.
    It's not like we signed Mahomes.
    But, I am in on this as I said earlier, if one wonders.

There's quite a few pieces that need to fall into place here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

you are TOO MUCH MAN

NOBODY CARES ABOUT PICKETT!

Khan (and I) don't think he is much of anything - YES - this signing proves it.

You'll be discussing the "Pickett years" in 2036....

THIS SIGNING may get us to the DIV Round of the Playoff, AFCCG or GOD HELP US - the Super Bowl - with the right chess pieces added in the next 60 days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    The Wilson signing feels half-assed. While his better days are behind him, I am looking forward to seeing a pro quarterback run the offense, but this does not excite me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Geewyzz

Geewyzz New Member

Nov 12, 2023
    Forget about the perception of both.

upload_2024-3-11_13-14-13.png

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I can say now is.....I really really hope I'm totally wrong about the now Russell Wilson ...I would have Been excited if this was the 5 years ago R. Wilson .....but it's not. This reminds me of the PP signing at CB last year.....a great player, but at the wrong time of their career. Again I hope Im very wrong....those two future HOF HCs , and their organizations not wanting Him anymore doesn't help my thoughts. No organization that thinks they have a future with a Qb let's them go, and now not one, but two has. I hope they are the dumb ones.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I was hoping this would not happen but it did. At least it's just a one-year contract, but this will go down as another of Tomlin's awful mistakes. I just wonder how long the travesty will continue. Nothing will change until the Steelers find a good head coach.

7. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Mikey is peeing down his leg over it... you're going to crush his wet dream.
    I am with you.... though we did him for practically nothing.
    I am hoping he at least repeats 2023 not 2022. He's a smart QB that doesn't turn the ball over when he is at his best.
    But this isn't nothing to go giddy over.
    I think we will get better play than we did from Mitch (duh) and maybe slightly around Carr.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I disagree I disagreed, but we can agree to disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    by that logic we should let go of all second stringers . That way they have an opportunity elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is ONE IGNORANT statement - LOL!!!!!

what you mean is a NEW OWNER!!!

Tomlin had NOTHING to do with the Wilson contract, #trustME

Kenny is his boy....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

and (dare I ask) what was your solution to the cluster-F of a QB situation we have entering this season?

Yes, I am braced.....

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Waiting to hear if Russell brings his center Cushenberry with him.

It sounded like they had a good relationship in Denver. Cushenberry also spoke about having to get used to snapping the ball to Wilson and placing the laces where Russell wanted them.

The legend of Khan would grow after releasing Mason Cole and then singing a QB/C combo, as if it was always part of the plan.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  13. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Different team, different coach, different offensive coordinator, different scheme. You’re not wrong about Wilson but let’s hope that different circumstances create different results. Also, I really believe Wilson has something to prove. It’s only a year and not a huge loss if he doesn’t pan out … Personally, now that he’s here…I'm all in on the guy. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    LMAO. I guess there are people foolish enough to think what's left of Russel Wilson makes this team a Super Bowl contender.

This signing could mean that, or it could mean they are kicking the Pickett can down the road a year. The best is that the numbskulls who insist that Pickett is done think Rudolph should have gotten more chances.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I had thought Connor Williams (Mia) was getting signed, but I still see him out there - another option.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Our O has stuck for how many years? You either give up you future and try and move up and grab a QB (sitting so low its difficult to say the least) and take your chances where roughly 75% of first round QB's bust, pay a boatload for some FA QB (none really available that warrants that kind of money or attention), or or you take an opportunity to sign one that another team is paying for, lol. IDK how it will work, will we be better that the 7
    17 PPG we produced last year, I think, are we a SB contender, not likely, but for a million bucks in CAP space I give it a shot, continue to build the team and see where we go. Injuries happen, a team gets hot, and all of a sudden an also ran former SB winning QB is getting comeback player of the year. Will it happen, well we are still a longshot to even win our division, but right now, for a very cheap investment our QB room is better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Also, Tomlin did have the input. He met with Wilson and likes him as well.
    Just to clear that up.
    Omar is like $1mil????? Here sign this.
    Now he has some cap space to sign help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    No matter how you slice it the Pros far outweigh the Cons in this acquisition. Nobody will convince me otherwise and this is coming from someone who was a bit against this pick up until I saw that it didn’t really cost us anything.

• Like Like x 3
  19. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    This means the backup QB market is heating up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why are you pessimistic?

21. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    13 TD pass in 24 starts is historic bad....And I did not want the steelers to draft Pickett in 2022 since his ceilling is too low

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    said last week this would be a great 1/2 combo!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Then they should trade TJ and Fitz and cut Cam. What's the point.

LOL yes, decent QB play gives them a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    This thread just shows me how retarded sports fans really are.

They signed a vet QB who is a big upgrade over what was on the roster for the vet minimum......WHAT THE **** IS THE PROBLEM?!?!?! Seriously. The fact that any of you really think the Pickett could still be the future need to wake up...she sucks....he's done....move on. There are no 22 year old future hall of famers sitting around at home waiting to be signed.....move on. The Steelers have the 20th pick.....no one there either.

They are going to have to go year by year until they get lucky and score a top 10 pick or have an Aaron Rodgers fall to the late first.

They aren't tanking either....move on.

So they signed a 35 year old QB that was considered elite at one point in his career, who won a SB, who wants to win another for 1.2 million......cheaper than MASON, cheaper than want Mitch just signed for in Buffalo........and he's better than both of those guys. In fact, he's probably better than Watson right now.....he threw more TD passes than MVP Jackson last year.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He never got a chance with new play caller after Canada was fired, which was
    The correct decision after tight rope surgery and going with hot hand.He will have
    to work hard and show new oc/ play caller what he has. Hopefully with an experienced accomplished QB he can learn and be ready when the opportunity exists?