1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Steeler Nation pulling for.. the ratbirds or the cheatriots?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jan 14, 2013.

Who are you pulling for?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2013.
  1. Ratbirds

48.5%
  2. Cheatriots

51.5%
  1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm just curious on who ya'll are pulling for in the AFC title game?

I for one am pulling for the birds as my hatred for the cheatriots is greater than my hatred for the birds.

Cajun-

2. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At this point I'm hoping atlanta wins the whole thing. If atlanta doesn't atleast win the nfc championship game, i'm hoping for the same result as the 1994 world series. (In case some people dont know, there wasn't a world series that season....hence If I have to watch a superbowl with the 49ers, patriots and or ravens, i'd rather there not be a superbowl)

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im trying to imagine a scenario where I would root for the Ravens and I just cant think of one. I will be pulling (not rooting or cheering) for the Pats and hope that they lose in the Super Bowl to whoever the NFC team is.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Anybody but the Harbaughs!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    In order, I want Atlanta, Ratbirds, 49ers, and then a nuclear disaster. Sorry, I can't root for Belicheck and Brady. Atlanta/Ratbirds would be my best bet, because hate him or not, let RayRay go out like the Bus, but it would be better for Tony Gonzalez to go out as a champion.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    My order:
    1) 49ers
    2) Falcons
    3) Ravens
    4) Patriots

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    i'm pulling for the 49ers to take it all.... as for the afc championship, i find it hard to root for the ravens, but i live in new england and i'm already getting an earful.

9. steelio

steelio Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I will root for any team with a coach not named Harbaugh.

10. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure you could call it "rooting."

I just want the Patriots to lose...and it can't happen fast enough, heh.

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ravens over the Pats, unless you can guarantee NE loses the SB. I love seeing them lose the SB and I would much rather loss #3 rather than an AFCGG loss

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  13. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Couldn't agree more.....:this!::this!:besides, kicking that last FG was just a class-less act by Belichek..was he trying to cover the spread for someone?? They could have just done the victory formation once or twice. I'd also hate to see a hairball/hairball SB.

14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    This right here exactly.

If you'd 100% guarantee that they'd lose the SB, then I'd root for the Pats.

I don't even want Marsha to have the chance to win. He's too good to lose 3 in a row.

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I want the Pats to win because they are probably my 4th favorite team in the NFL. Ironically the 9ers are probably my 2nd. Brady is the man. Belichik is the man. They have two men. Therefore they should win. Brady is probably the greatest of all time. I mean it's hard for me to put anyone above Joe Montana but Brady is just simply great. We are watching a Michael Jordan type of an athlete and we need to appreciate it while we can because the "greatest" only comes along once in a lifetime. Brady has a beautiful wife. A beautiful family. A beautiful form in his passes. A beautiful deep ball. Belichik could coach a team of misfits to the Super Bowl. He is just simply great. I love that guy. He is as awesome as Darth Vader. I love writing posts like this because I imagine all the people I just made scream at their computer screens. I'm so mischievious! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011

You're a little over the top in your Bromance with Brady and Belichik.

[​IMG]
    Frankly, I find it quite disturbing.

17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOL!!! "Bromance" I would say is the wrong word. It implies that they would care about me also. I am not worthy to exist in their world so therefore "man-crush" would be more fitting. LOLOLOL!

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ratbird win, and then Ratbird loss in Superbowl would be Peeerrrrfeeectttt!!!!!!

19. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    ATL all the way, even though I live in Atlanta and will have to put up with hearing their crap, I'd rather that than the 9ers tying the steelers Championships or Brady & Belly or Wacco, Scrubbs & HogBalls to win anything

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was thinking this too... As much as I like the 49ers D and their chances to take out anyone from the AFC in the SB, it would be nicer if Atlanta came through so 49ers don't get to six rings. Plus Kapernick "SB winning QB" just doesn't sound right to me right now, maybe in a few years...

21. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I can only root for the Falcons, cause:

Ravens: just hate them as all of us
    49ers: don't want them in the 6X club
    Patriots: don't want Brady as the 2nd 4SB winning QB

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever root for the Ravens. They are the enemy, you DO NOT ROOT for the ENEMY!

23. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxactly!!!!

24. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    This and that. Although not quite all of it!

I'll be rooting for the Pats to win it all. I'd feel more comfortable with Brady winning another than having one of the new guys win one. That way we can still have the stat that only three QB's won the last 6 Super Bowls, or whatever it is (with Ben being right in the middle of that conversation). Throw in a first-timer and that slightly diminishes Ben's achievements.

Besides, I couldn't handle having to hear "Joe Flacco, Super Bowl quarterback". What he pulled out of his butt against the Broncos is the equivilent of what Tebow did to us last year.

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    and that's is the start then i hope atlanta beat the other harbaugh , would be nice if in the process ray ray kill brady while is trying to run up the score