1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Those 4 teams yesterday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Snake, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020

Man...Ravens and Lamar get more excuses thrown their way than any other team in the league. It was the dropped passes, Lamar doesn't have weapons, they have bad luck with injuries, they beat themselves, the coaches don't put Lamar in a position to win...it goes on and on. Maybe they are just a good not great team? Maybe Lamar is a good not great QB? Maybe?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That is the thing I noticed as well, they lost the momentum and made some mistakes, so let's play the way that got us here, bold decision and it failed. They might not have made the FG, but at that point you go for the points and try and re-start your focus.

3. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    They outsmarted themselves. Best running team in the league, but had 6 rb runs in the first half and 16 all game. They were not getting blown out, down even more the 9's stayed with the plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. What's the difference between B. Purdy, and Lamar Jackson??? Besides the media???
    Both have great teams. Hell Purdy had more total yards, and more total tds. Yet one gets praise, and the other gets downed. One will probably win a MVP , and one will be called a system Qb. LoL.
    Yet Lamar Jackson's team won games He didn't score in, and even had turnovers in, and Purdys team never won He didn't score. LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hate to say it but Chiefs D is impressing me. Their defense can't get any media coverage with Mahomes and Company hogging it up;)

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Very rare to have a middle of the road journeyman win a SB. I can think of 2 but might be more. Trent Dilfer and a bit better but still not really a starter was the Eagles beating the Patriots with Nick Foles. Foles caught magic in a bottle at the right time and Dilfer had an awesome defense. Even though it's rare that is my hope for the Steelers until we have a solid QB to build on.

7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Tomlin would have never been able to show his face in public again if he would have made those game killing decisions that Campbell made yesterday. Tomlin would have to live in an underground bunker in an undisclosed location.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    IT wasn't even an "amazing" throw! It was a throw a starting QB in the league should be making on a regular basis! That is how far we've fallen with. Pickett, average has started to look great! Rudolph played well down the stretch but he was by no means amazing! Yet people here are ready to hand him the keys to the franchise because he outplayed Pickett. Thats not hard to do! I honestly do not believe we have a true starting QB on the roster right now. At least one that allows us to compete in the AFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    QB's that can beat Patrick Mahomes:
    Josh Allen
    Justin Herbert
    Joe Burrows

Those will be the QB the path to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through.
    Jackson found out.

Soon to be added to that list: C.J Stroud.

They are QB's that can carry the team and if the team is built right, they are KC Part II.

Also, the NFL got it wrong.... as afar as MVP #1 Mahomes, #2 Purdy...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    The afc championship was decided 17-10 including a team that the Steelers swept, and you do t think that they’re close?

There are no great teams in this NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Wait... I'm not all that familiar with board etiquette but isn't your response suppose to be green? Or were you serious?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Look at the 3 matchup vs Mahomes for the steelers....

13. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    What does that have to do with what I said?

14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers can't compete with the best( the ravens are a exception not the rule and it was only one game against this ravens team at full strength at home when the ravens receiver had by far their worst game of the year)...The best team in the last 5-6 years in the AFC are the chiefs,so no I don't think the steelers are close...Mahomes has 15 TD and 1 interception in 3 games vs us and I did not talk about the bottom 5 offense that the steelers have right now

15. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Brad Johnson with Tampa another one

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    So do I get to dismiss all of the Steelers losses in which they made mistakes and weren’t full strength, or does that just apply to the Ravens loss to the Steelers?

Another question. Do you realize that it’s not 2021 anymore? The Chief’s team that the Steelers played 2 years ago are no more. The ‘21 chiefs had Tyreek and averaged 28 points a game. The current chiefs don’t have Hill and only averaged 22 points a game this season. They just won the afc championship game 17-10 against a team that the Steelers beat twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The KC defense is very swift and tailor made to stop LJ et al. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    You need a big reality check if you think the Steelers are close to the Chiefs, especially with our current QB situation and our awful playoff defense year after year....The Chiefs also have a better defense than they had in 2021.Second best defense in the NFL this year

You probably think that the Raiders and Broncos are not far from the Chiefs because they beat the Chiefs in the regular season.Make no sense

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Chiefs D was strong earlier in the season, I dont know if they suffered some injuries but they are playing well again.

I don’t see the 49ers winning this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Oh no you didn't.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes indeed - and it's a real Travesty. ;)

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Many wondered when you would be back, thanks a lot I lost a bundle betting your first post would be about CB's not QB's. Well the bet was with myself, so the dirty dishes can stay dirty. lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    It is hard for me to bet against Mahomes, but the way the 9's just continued to play without panic and score on every drive in the 2nd half was impressive. I did not check but today someone said on the radio Mahomes throwing to Kelse in the playoffs at 85%, thats mindblowing.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    49ers will have to keep it close from the start, if they give that kind of cushion to Mahomes I dont see them keeping them scoreless to mount a comeback.

• Agree Agree x 1