1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My positives from an 8-8 season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    1. We get a better draft position. (let's hope we make good picks.) 2. We know what our problems are. (let's hope we can work to fix them.) 3. We shouldn't have so many night games and late afternoon game. 4. Since the bandwagon fans have jumped off ticket prices on the Ticket Exchange should be more reasonable next season, at least starting out till we get on a roll. (I'm shooting for the Home opener for my trip to Pittsburgh next season)

2. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It may soud strange but I'm looking forward to 1 p.m. Sunday games again, I can't remember a season like this last one were there was far more night games and late starts.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I have this awful feeling that we might be in store for another year or two of "better draft picks". We're looking at a potential major transformation coming up in 2013 that could really hurt us. They're probably going to lose Wallace, Mendenhall, and Starks. The loss of those 3 alone will cause some bumps in the road offensively. We could also lose Colon, Foster, and Legursky suddenly we've lost nearly 50% of the starting offense. On defense there's a good chance that Hampton, Keisel,Harrison, Foote, and Lewis are gone. Losing 10 of 22 starters would give every coach in the league a migraine.

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    2008 season think there was only 4 at 1 oclock the last 2 def were at 1 pm
    also was the hardest sched in nfl history
    I LOVED HOW THAT SEASON ENDED!

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't mean this in a bad way, but if that means getting back to where we appreciate wins and making the playoffs more than just expecting it then I'm fine with that. 2012 was a nightmare of a season with all the injuries and lackluster play. Even if we go 8-8 in 2013 I hope we have a better effort from the team and less injuries. I can deal with playing hard and coming up short, but what we saw in 2012 was just unacceptable.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I just don't care for all those wacky times. For me personally 12:00 (central time, my time) games work best.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really prefer night games.

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    i don't care what time they are because if the Steelers are playing I'M WATCHING!:thumbs_up:

but the chances of the game being broadcasted are higher for a late game which helps more fans. the noon time for me is good too but i'd rather have it at 3 this way i have time to knock out stuff with day light early and settle down for the game later. most likely eating whatever has been smmoking since dawn.

look at the tv map for 1 pm it looks like board game RISK

9. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    out here on the west coast nothing beats a 10am start time. when the game is over i have the rest of the day to get stuff done. the 1pm games pretty much kill the day.

i would rather them play every game at 10am. i could care less about the prime times games.

10. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The four o'clock games are my preference. I like to have people over for food, drinks and a stellar Steelers game. Then to bed at a reasonable hour.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm with ya! In the mid to late 90s I spent a good portion of the season in either Chicago, or south Fla. and, still, can't understand how people can stay up for a 9:00 P.M. start to a game!

12. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    early games, best games ... at least if you're watching from Europe, SNF/MNF is pure murder and only gallons of coffee can get you through the following working day.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm positively bumming because in about 20 minutes I will be watching the Rats play against the Donkeys and the Steelers are no where to be found.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    In the words of Wade Garret, I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen.... The name...is Dalton.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    One of my old bosses used to tell us that after we , (not him) had worked a 19 hour day. I'm with that comedian who said, "No, I'll be dead when I'm dead!"

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You got it mijo :thumbsup:

18. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Well...I will say the benefit of primetime games out here in California means that I get to see the game! It also helps when I can watch them play in the comfort of my home.
    I'm not too big on the sportsbar scene. You spend too much money on food and drinks in an overcrowded place with some moron Ravens fan nearby.
    All-around good "Steeler" places are hard to find and there's always THAT GUY who doesn't get attention at home and ruins the game for everybody else.
    If the Steelers play terrible, 200+ pissed off people tend to make you even more angry after the game.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You see anything tinker? A polar bear fell on me...

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL, I loved that line.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Of course the all time great is "Pain don't hurt". Also "nobody ever wins a fight". What great wisdom! I probably watched that movie a million times when I was a kid. It's SO realistic! I imagine ALL people who work in bars are proficient in karate! I love when Dalton is like "Right boot" and you see the razor sticking out and then Dalton tells the guy they're closed and proceeds to drag him outside and take his boot off and beat the ever loving crap out of him! LOLOLOLOLOL! Insult to injury! Go Steelers BTW. LOL.

22. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I know this thread has taken a life of it's own, but I'm interested in everyone's thought on bullet 2: "we know what our problems are". There are so many to count, I don't know how they get addressed. During the season we saw bad defense, bad QB play, bad WR play, bad RB play, bad OL play, bad DL play, horrible ST play. How can we say we know what our problems are or expect to fix them all?

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well knowing is half the battle. LOL.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL, classic! Here's the best fight scene ever...

[video=youtube;vaPeVFKCf1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPeVFKCf1E[/video]