1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Apathy is Truly Setting In

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Music, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I'm at the point now as a fan that I was in the 1980's. Sure I'll watch the games and be glad when they win but long gone are the days of dreaming about championship games and Superbowls. Those days are long gone and won't be back because mediocrity is the standard now.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    You’re spot on. But the Patriots run gave everyone unrealistic expectations.

3. WoodleyKick

WoodleyKick Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm 52 and have been watching the Steelers for as long as I can remember. I will not jump ship or stop watching them because of how things are at the moment. I think that is just silly. Personally, I've mellowed out in my old age concerning all of my sports teams. I don't get as angry as I used to, and that feels so good. So, I'm not as upset at the Steelers as I would have been in the past. Make no mistake, though....that doesn't mean I'm happy with how things are. I obviously want them to be back at the top. I want to feel confident in them when I watch a game. As many others have said, I was just hoping they would make somewhat of a game of it against Buffalo. That was just my expectation. I'll just roll with things!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

FA HC?

5. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    it's just another year we lose there is always next year and its already begun with our offseason I'm a Steeler fan always----it upsets me every time we lose but then I have high hopes next year will be better .Anyway now its Pens season then Bucco Season then guess what Steeler season will be here again before you know it.soooooo:herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    When Tomlin coaches the Steelers I am surprised when they win which makes it less upsetting when they lose. When ANYONE else coaches the team I am surprised when they lose. I get more pissed when Tomlin gets extended than any loss they have on the field

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Now we are into the era of soft bigotry of low expectations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Maybe you were thinking along the lines of underdog, nothing to lose scenario and who knows? That's where I was at. When the dust settled its just bowing out on both sides of the coin.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m not that down in the team really. They had a good draft last year under a new front office after a near decade of some very suspect team building.

Jones, JPJ, Benton all look like solid starters. If they continue to draft well they will be relevant again soon.

I wasn’t that disappointed after the Buffalo game because I knew the chances of winning were small, same with the Chiefs game two years ago.

The team needs better QB play, after that they are not that far away, especially if they continue to draft well. If we switched QB’s with Buffalo on Monday I think the Steelers win by more than a score. How they improve the QB play is a big question. I’m out on Kenny but would be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    Good solid post.

11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The feeling come game days is certainly different. You just know with this joke of a HC this team is never truly going to contend again until major changes happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too.

13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    this sounds like an AA meeting Hi. I'm tom. I've watched the Steelers for over 45 years. I've been clean for 1 week

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Best time of the year for us! The offseason :lolol:

15. Steel Music

Steel Music Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018
    "....a drinking town with a football problem."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I wasn't even mad on Monday during or after the game. I sat here, pulled for my team to win, but I wasn't even a little surprised by the outcome. I'll never stop pulling for the Steelers and holding out hope that they will turn it around, but my expectations while Tomlin remains the HC are pretty low. Tomlin doesn't surround himself with good coaches. I'm honestly starting to wonder if this to keep from being overshadowed by a coach with talent. Tomlin is supposed to be a secondary coach, yet our secondary has been garbage for as long as I can remember.

We desperately need change.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    Two minutes forty-eight seconds left on the clock, 4th quarter, Super Bowl 43. That play was my breaking point and when I realized I had to let go. When Fitzgerald ran that slant to the house to take the lead, I ripped my jersey off, stormed into the kitchen, at sat there shirtless literally shaking with anger. Despite winning SB 40, all the years of Cowher not being able to get over the hump, it had become ingrained in me that the Steelers would always find a way to mess it up. I missed most of the final drive because I was convinced that was it and couldn't bear to watch it. It was so bad that even after they came back and won, my joy was a fraction of what it should have been because I hadn't calmed down from my blow-up yet. Ever since that night I stopped caring so much and like you, I don't have any expectations. If they win, awesome. If they lose, onto next week (or next season).

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    These past few seasons feel like the mid to late 80's. I remember it well. I suffered through it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    He wants to be King and Rooney allows it. Can’t stand anyone who could question his authority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    This organization has lost its mystique. Being a Steeler fan use to mean something. Now it’s like being a fan of any of the 31 other teams. I use to love going to games and dedicating hours making food just for the game. Now I’d rather go cut my grass and smoke a cigar during them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It's my team. I'll stick with them.

• Like Like x 1
  22. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    My issues are around the fact that I don’t like much about the team at the moment. The only shining light for me is Watt.

‘so the team is just that likeable….

- Tomlin keeps doing stupid things like calling a TO with 2 secs left against buffalo. How can one like that?
    - the WRs are all divas.
    - the defense, outside of Watt, is not exciting or punishing (maybe cam is an exception).
    - the fat punter is still on the team.
    - Canada sucked, there are now two new OCs. How can u have two OCs?
    - the DC has made the defense soft and can’t stop teams to less than 30 points in playoffs.
    - every game has a penalty on special teams
    - every game has a timeout used because the team is confused
    - the center can’t snap in shotgun but they keep running shotgun

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I don't care enough to read this long post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Then why care enough to post that you didn't read it?

• Winner Winner x 2
  25. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    I really don't think any of the posters will jump ship. Imho they're fresh into another frustrating end to another season. I certainly can't blame them for anything that’s said right now.Heat of the moment if you will.