1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL THE STEELERS SELL THEIR SOUL'S TO FIELD A WINNING TEAM?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess if you can play, they will. I am not sure
    of how they determine disciplinary action any more?
    Could somebody enlighten me? And you wonder why we are
    8 and 8. Just what kind of people do we have playing for us?

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Gimme a team full of felons that wins games versus a team full of choir boys who doesn't, 8 days a week.

4. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol: So, no middle ground?:lolol:

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't want to sound stupid...but I don't even know what that means...

Rainey...past history, hits a woman

Ta'amu...first offense. Was waived and then resigned. May be waived again should he go to prison.

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    neither did he

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    STUPID TOMLIN!!!!!!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  9. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I swear to god. Some of the posts on this topic are just way over the top. It's as if some of these folks are convinced our team could now star in the movie "The longest yard" LOL! So what, a couple of young players did some dumb *ss things. It's not like the entire league doesn't have to deal with this on a regular basis. These guys are all interviewed and researched to the max before they're picked but at the end of the day it's still a crap shoot as to whether or not ALL of them will be able to stay on the straight and narrow. Hell most of these guys come from broken homes and drug and crime infested environments and they're more conditioned to getting in to trouble than staying out of it. Putting on a black N gold uniform isn't going to magically change them in to model citizens. If the Steelers don't take a chance on some of these guys other teams will. Some of them will turn out just fine and be great players. Others will screw up and piss away their opportunity just like Rainey did. That's just life folks and it has nothing to do with a major change in the way the Steelers are looking at these young guys before bringing them on.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I like how people act like we have never had trouble makers on our team before tomlin. Jesus noll had a heroin addict starting qb.

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I BLAME KHAN FOR ALL THE CONS

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    come on STEEL it was the 70's everyone was doing it

13. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't even understand the question here. If you are saying we signed people this season with questionable pasts in hopes of winning....well we were .500 so I guess it didn't work. I would say that they signed the players who they thought had potential just like every other team. Rainey got into trouble and is now off the team. What more do you want?

14. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    He wants to see 5-on-11 football. Get ready for it!:thumbs_up:

15. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. Every team has it's bad apples when you're looking at young sports players of all sorts (basketball is just as full of thugs) who are paid boatloads of money and let fame go to their heads. It's the nature of the beast. Take a legal adult who might not have ever had to live a realistic life like a normal adult where you are responsible for your own actions, and you've still got what equates to a kid with too much money, power, and bigheadedness.

16. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Seems like with the steelers, everyone gets one strike for the most part. Santonio had legal issues as soon as he was drafted, than he had the marijuana stuff second and all of a sudden he was traded, Chris Rainey already had a strike against him before he was drafted, and yesterday after his illegal stunt he was sent packing, and now Ta'amu is a different story, Im not sure if he talked to the Rooney's about changing his ways or talked about his mistakes, but for some reason he is still around. But he will be gone if he has to serve any time in prison. Just seems to me that the Rooneys are willing to give someone a chance to change, and if they mess up that chance than they are history. They were even in talks to trade Ben after his issues, and he wasn't even convicted of anything. Thats just how it seems to me, but who knows really what happens.

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    didn't go for the obvious....KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!! ?

18. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    this thread is funny WardisMVP you do know Hines got arested before JS

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I like coach Noll as much as the next guy but I don't think his first name was Jesus!?

20. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No was Tomlins first name when he sent Suisham out for that 53 yarder against the Bengals.
    :roflmao:

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    as i understand ta'amu had previous offenses too. we've had others released though for dumb acts. somebody was let go right before the JH domestic stuff a few years ago. a safety i think it was.my question is , why some guys and not other guys? :cool:

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you Mac, finally somebody gets it.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    In case you missed it in the Chris Rainey thread. Posted by ScottChab and its right on the money:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/3/30/1397196/the-character-of-the-pittsburgh

24. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

Bad boys off/on the field have exsisted since the inflation of pigskin.. now with leather they became more like rebels. Football to some is their God/Worship... in realilty you have some wolves in sheep clothing running the fields deal with it.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Do you have a source for Ta'amu's sordid criminal background? I've seen several people mention it on various boards, but no one has provided a source.