1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Rainey in jail

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeltradition83, Jan 10, 2013.

1. nwsteelerfan

nwsteelerfan Member

Feb 9, 2012

I totally agree!! If I remember correctly Fats Holmes shot a gun at a helicopter or something like that (I could be wrong but I remember something like that). Things are more publicized these days so that goes with the territory. I still bleed Steelers through and through but ever since the thing with Ben I see him differently now. No real respect for him and he seems kinda phony in the way he acts.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. It sure is different. Jack Lambert was known to have visited tail gate parties before the game and tossed back a few brews with some fans and then would be seen smoking a cigarette on the sideline while the offense was on the field. How would that go over in this day and age?

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep. Earnie Holmes was a heroin addict and was full of paranoia and did shoot at a helicopter.

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Another interesting addition to this from earlier FWIW- an eyewitness claims that the slap didn't take place.

http://deadspin.com/5975233

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I know that we still don't know what happened. Women who get hit or slapped sometimes say it didn't happen because they don't want the slapper to go to jail or get in trouble. But it's sounding pretty possible that he really didn't do it. Do we sign him back up if he's truly innocent? No way in hell he would have been cut otherwise. He would have finished out his rookie contract and been here 2 more years for sure. At least.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You forgot a guy that started several games for us, Kelvin Beachum. He may be helpful in the future. And right now I'm feeling a lot better than "the jury is out" on Mike Adams. I think he is going to be a stud with some more experience.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The more info thats coming out on this...unless there was something else "behind the scenes" that happened or whatever...they jumped the gun here and should have at least waited a bit longer before making their decision (I've thought this from the beginning that they should have waited, just like with any other situation, but now it seems more evident they should have). But oh well i guess...

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If this gets tossed out...or proven wrong...He has not officially been released yet...I believe the Steelers could just pull back the paperwork if they so choose...They can't release him officially till after the Super Bowl.

HACK

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends how many witnesses verified the report that was given, if there are multiple witnesses all saying the same thing, then she is just a friend trying to protect another friend but if there was only one witness who saw the slap, then who knows. I tend to think he did but guess we'll have to wait for more info before jumping to anymore conclusions.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Of course she wants to say nothing happened. There's a lot of money to be missed out on if he gets booted.

Just playing devils advocate here.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Little late for not jumping to conclusions.
    That's all the first few pages of this thread is. I hate to see when someone here gets accused of a crime and gets knee jerked and fired from their job. Why can't people just wait till the evidence is presented in a court and the Justice system has it's say? Is that too much to ask these days?

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats why I wrote "jumping to anymore conclusions". Fact is Glenn, he was involved with a public alteration that required police activity, lets not project him as mr angel. When you have a report that lists witnesses seeing the same thing, it's usually a safe bet to comment on what happened. At this point, I'm not going to put too much stock in what his friend says she saw, he probably still did it. You are talking about a guy who stalked another girl after all, his past doesn't help.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the rainey's problem is he can only beat the girlfriend but not the defenders

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't often agree with you Glenn but I think you were dead on here. To read some of the posts in this thread Rainy was one step down from Jerry Sandusky and on par with Ike Turner. I would rather wait till the justice system does it's job and then form an opinion from there. The one thing I will say is that maybe he needs to stay away from this woman and perhaps change the type of person he is attracted too. Clearly a volatile relationship but you see alot of that in sports

17. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Some people waited until the justice system did it's job with Ben... and even though he was never charged let alone convicted, he was found guilty in the court of public opinion which includes some Steelers fans.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he needs to stop hitting and threatening women, are you somehow putting this on her? What does that even mean? And what did anyone say that was so terrible about Rainey? I saw a bunch of posts that didn't care that he was cut and thought he was a d-bag, hardly what you inferred about Sandusky and Turner. And you are aware he threatened a woman's life in the past right? Yeah that Rainey is a choir boy.

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Rainey slapped his girlfriend, I know it, y’all know it and Rainey and his girlfriend know it. She don’t mind being slapped around long as he don’t take her credit card away.

Now story time
    Once a time upon, I was stationed in ***** no town names here and two of my guys were charged with Rape. The powers that were told me to discharge both Marines asap under less than honorable. I said hey guys, no trial yet, no guilty verdict, we can’t do that. The answer was discharge them because they were charged with a serious offence. Long story short. I was forced to discharge them. Court day came and the girl recanted. Da Boys came to see me and wanted back in. I called higher HQ’s and was told, NO. The way of the world guys.

Rainey may get another job but not sure. My guys didn’t get a fair shake. At the time I told my bosses these were two really good Marines. Wonder what could have been guys.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No T.E I am not blaming her. I am saying that sometimes two people get together who unfortunately don't get along under normal circumstances and it leads to huge outbursts. Remember Andre Rison and Lisa Lopez? They were in love and in a relationship and she burnt his house down. I am not making any judgements on that relationship nor am I making them in this case. AS far as the comments earlier in the thread some were making it seemed like he held her down and was beating her bloody or that he was a habitual woman beater, now that might be my take on the posts, and I am playing it from memory a bit so I apologize to my fellow fans if I have unfairly categorized their thoughts by the Sandusky or Turner remark. I don't know the man or will I make judgements on his choices, not saying he is a choir boy or the devils advocate, just that I am reserving judgement.

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ahhhhh thanks, I was trying to find this photo.

22. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Are those snake skin pants? Or alligator? They have a shine about them like it's reptilian leather. Surprising that these guys have to try to squeeze into coach class.

23. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, they do charter the entire plane... My guess is the best seats go to the veterans.

And most flights are very short in duration. Tomorrow, I am flighing to Singapore for work, that is a long flight! (It will take about 30 hours including a layover). Last month I had to go to Bahrain for about 5 days - another brutal flight.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    30 hours, forget that! That's a long time to be on a plane. Someone has to figure out how to put that nano technology to use and teleport like star trek :dancing:

25. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think it mattered. After the way this season went Rainey picked a bad time to make negative news, guilty or innocent. This was just the perfect opportunity for Rooney to send a message to the rest of the team that they're not going to deal with this kind of BS. Whether he did it or not it's a distraction and given the performance this past year they don't need anymore distractions.