1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphins-KC only available on Peacock

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AtlSteel, Jan 11, 2024.

1. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    This is some bs. If the NFL goes down this route, it will be a body blow to the NFL IMO. Dana White did this crap with the UFC, where you have to be an ESPN+ subscriber just to pay for an event! Haven't paid for one of those cards ever since.

NFL playoff games should all be on network TV.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    too many pay to watch apps will not be good for anyone especially those who cannot afford it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I had friends on my FB page stating people should not watch, boycott, etc. While I agree, it is the trend and likely only will get worse. When they gave the Thursday game to prime (amazon) it started a whole new arena for viewership ideas. This article has some insights, but the one thing that stood out to me was Thursday Night football surged in viewership, and that age was several years younger than viewers on Sunday...and that age is the target group for most advertisers. As they look to expand into global markets, and cpature key demographics this is the wave of the future I regretfully predict.

NFL dominates TV ratings with second-highest average ever | Fortune

4. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Nope, it's not only on Peacock. It's also on the Dofu sports app.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Haven't watched Thursday night football since they put it on Amazon. I won't be watching the peacock game Saturday.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not even have a freaking TV so i could care less, lmao. But sadly the trends are heading that way, and the free things people once enjoyed are going to cost you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Although I get Peacock I doubt I stay up for that game. I'm pumped for the Browns/Texans game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thing is though that it isn't free if your paying for a cable subscription or in my case, paying for YouTube TV subscription that includes the standard local network channels, espn, sec, nfl, etc. I feel like we're already paying for it and now have to buy another subscription just to watch one game. I'm just not down with that shizz. And how in the hell do you not have a TV? Do you watch football on the computer?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    read an article on this, first tried in 2015 and it was a failure. Peacock is the only one the NFL contracted with, they paid 115 million for a few games, including this. So where it goes who knows, but as the older generation goes out, every entertainment source is going to going to try and grab the most bucks they can, and media providers are going to try and capture every type of revenue they can. It's the cycle, not much different from when 3 networks exploded to cable, superstations, etc. Generally old movies and tv shows, then superstations started their own productions and such. It's a different world. The broadcast rights contract is pretty specified, down to who gets the times in the playoffs in rotating years, so the peacock thing may not add to much, but they will always try and squeeze out $$$$ from the masses. lol

What's funny is my landlord actually provides cable,my box went out a couple of years ago (same cable as him, so he is not paying for anything extra), I just never replaced it, and actually do not miss it. On gamedays I either listen to the radio broadcast, or follow a YT live chat (as well as this place), they do not show anything of course, but get the reactions. If I get really interested I drive up the road and get a beer and watch there, or go to one of my kids and bother them. I live a pretty simple life, and I like it that way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ove only watched the Steelers. I used to watch all Thursday night games, but now only if the Steelers play

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope the league loses big time with audiences for
    these streaming channels.I hope their ratings are horrible.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2