1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Crazy Rumor: Cleveland to Host Bills vs Steelers game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I just read about this crazy rumor that the Bills vs Steelers game will be moved to Cleveland.

Reports clash over Bills-Steelers NFL playoff game moving to Cleveland (msn.com)

Click-Bait??? I don't know anything about Marty with the Pittsburgh media and KDKA. I thought KDKA was Steelers "YouTube" TV channel that I watch clips of with Charlie Batch.

Of course the NFL is denying that any such conversation took place with the people at Cleveland's Stadium.

I don't get it, as I keep hearing like 1.5 inches of snow in the morning for gameday.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  2. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If theirs any merit to this it would arguably be an advantage for the Steelers. Could be as many Steelers fans there as Buffalo. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to come to fruition…unless a monster sized blizzard was 100% certain to hit Buffalo, and even then…

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I heard they were going to move the game a basketball arena and play 7 on 7 flag football with no pads. They will also mandate that the Steelers attend with cheerleaders. Halftime will be an Elvis impersonator.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    flag football, no pads, Joey Porter Jr MVP of the game!!!!

5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Marty is an investigative journalist. He's kinda reliable in his specific craft. I'm not sure how he got this one wrong.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Non-issue. They made the same plans last year as well and the years before when there was a possibility.

It's just like Both teams making hotel and flight reservations before the conference championship or divisional rounds.

You plan ahead, so that you're not stuck if there's a problem.

Of course they deny it! It's always some outrage when stuff like this gets out, even though it makes perfect logistical sense to set-up before anything happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Funny thing about this time of year in that area. It's like winter.

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Interesting... Moats points out that it is usually Detroit that gets the Bills game, if their weather is too bad, but this year Detroit is hosting a playoff game.

9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Yea, which is why if it actually was thought of getting moved, Indy made the most sense. Why play the game in a city where weather could play a factor when the game could've just been left in Buffalo?