1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear NFL Gods

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 7, 2024.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Football is a team sport not an individual sport so regardless how or why it happened the Pittsburgh Steelers are 5-1 in a strong division. It would be wrong for a team who has owned their strong division to miss the Playoffs.

Do the right thing today and help us. And don't be a bicth about it, make it the early game. I have no desire to watch two teams I don't care about at 8:30 at night.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    We are going to have 2 games with so much drama but having our hearts broken in each time at the end....I unfortunately have a bad feeling about that and nothing worse having my heart broken at midnight....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm 50/50 on our chances. Losing Watt has put a damper on it. Even if we get in no way in hell we go forward without him leading our injured defense. That said I still want in the mix and if we do get in please don't get embarrassed in that first Playoff game as we have been prone to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Bills aren’t losing with 3/4 of Miami’s starters out. Only chance is the Titans winning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I understand your doubts, but 2 things in favor of the dolphins.They have been 7-1 at home this year and the Bills have not been a good road team this year...In the last 2 games, which was a must win for Buffalo, they have not been dominant against the chargers and pats ,so the dolphins have a chance...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Dear Mike Tomlin. Thanks for blowing 3 winnable games and having this team once again in the usual position of relying on other teams to help us out. Only question is. How many bags of popcorn do we need today. One or two bags?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Add in the fact that seeding is in play

WHY THE FK would Miami not want a home playoff game
    Come on man higher seeds matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Considering they had 2 interceptions and a fumble on their first 4 offensive plays, all deep in their own territory, the Pats losing by only 6 in that game is pretty amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I knew God hated us when Fairburn missed the extra point in the 4th quarter. No way it was going to be a tie at that point.

10. PeezyT55

PeezyT55 Member

Oct 1, 2023
    It's always nice watching Pittsburgh in the playoffs, except for when your rival puts up 48 points and your chickensht coach punts on fourth and 1 in the fourth quarter on your own 46, or when you get beat by Tim Tebow, or Blake Bortles.

I'm just so happy Tomlin kept his non-losing season record going, that's what's really important here.

In all seriousness, love watching games with my old man, win or lose we always have a good time, except for when we lost to the Patriots this year that was surprisingly infuriating. Last night, lots of fun cooking together and watching us beat Baltimore. I hope to watch another game with my father this season.

F##k Baltimore

• Like Like x 3
  11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Because they just lost their 2 defensive stars. Mosert and Waddle aren’t playing today either.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers lost pretty much their entire ILB position and a safety or two and still can win games. Miami can win as well. Next man up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    4 out of 22 is not 75%
    I'm going to go research this more but i have a feeling

Violent Femmes will ADD IT UP!!!

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Could have had the easy road. But no. Here we are scoreboard watching once again. Its part of the Standard.

If they don't make the playoffs the media will fawn again over the Standard winning season streak.

Its at a stalemate but what can you do?

Mason Rudolph has played his way into a nice pay raise and i'm sure his agent is salivating. Saved Popcorns winning streak.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    They're "Gone Daddy Gone" :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers don't need help from the Lord today, they need help from the houston oilers.:unsure:

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Best have a lot of church wine

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The only reason the Steelers need help is because they were too stubborn to play the best QB on the roster sooner. Understandable early in the year when you have your 1st round (reach) QB on the roster. But playing Trubisky repeatedly is the reason the Steelers are looking for help.

Sure they could get help, but don't be surprised when they don't get it.

Tennessee has nothing to play for, nothing. They could win, but as the game goes on, and if they fall behind, they have no reason to put force max effort.

Same for the Bills, if they need the game to keep their season alive, that matters more than seeding. Miami wants to win, Buffalo has to win. Big difference. We saw it yesterday - Steelers had to win (sort of), Baltimore didn't.

A 5-1 record is nice, but the Steelers played 1 game against a division opponent when their team was whole. Balance that with loses to three very mediocre teams (Cards, Pats, Colts) in the stretch run.

Still, go Titans, go Dolphins (but don't bet anything you can't afford to lose on it).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Of all the times not to be, I'm clean and sober for now.
    I could still make it to morning services in time for sacrament though...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Have you tried sacrificing a live chicken? Or maybe offering jobu cigar and rum?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I don't practice Santeria, i ain't got no crystal ball.

• Like Like x 1
  22. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Miami wouldn't need to go on the road until the AFC championship, and thats only if the championship is against the Ravens

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Exactly
    the dogdam Nfl is going to have Jax win and the game tonight is going to have
    SO MUCH on the line
    FMR

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you smoking weed and praying :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  25. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Holy smokes, it is very tiring seeing people repeatedly posting what happened over a month ago about us losing those 3 games.

NEWS FLASH: We all know that if we wouldn’t have lost those games for whatever reason we wouldn’t be watching other teams today to determine our fate.

Repeating it over and over isn’t gonna change it.

The fact is we have won our last 3 games, we still have a very slim chance to get into the playoffs.

We also might possibly have another week of this forum staying alive until it goes stale until draft time.

4 weeks ago there isn’t a person on here that thought we would be in this position. I’m happy that we are at least in the mix. No Matter how we got here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1