1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy about 10-7, or?…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DIzzyG3015, Jan 6, 2024.

1. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    I am super honest here that I do not know if I am happy about it or not. On the one hand, sure finished the year strong and played decent to wrap up a three game winning streak. After the epic down-crashing following back to back losses to two of the worst teams at home and the indy loss, many believed that this was an long-term low. Fighting back with a big question mark at quarterback deserves credit and respect.

On the other hand, though, I still do not see us winning a playoff game, if we make it and whoever it would gonna be. Today we barely beat the Ravens practice squad, yes bad weather but that counted for both teams. I still believe that, closing the season with a losing streak would have given us a better draft pick, but more importantly the wake up call this organisation still needs in my opinion. Now I am almost sure that nothing is gonna change because, guess what you can not question your coach or approach of running an organistion with another winning and 10 W season.
    And maybe, just maybe we sit here in a year and realise that still the steelers are too good to be bad but too bad to be good.
    People have to wonder, what is better. Barely having a winning season each year without a shot at actually winning something or going for a big draw of fresh air and thinking about a genuine rebuild, on and off the field. Do you think this team, as it is now, with of course some off season additions, has a serious chance to be contender anytime soon? Do you think Tomlin is going to have another big play off run with the steelers, ever?

I am torn and genuinely interested in what people think.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I feel the same. I’m not a big Tomlin fan but know we are stuck with him for a long time. There is no excuse to lose to two 2-10 teams at home when you have an easy route to the playoffs! I also don’t think Rudolph will be anything more than an average qb in the long run. Who know what Pickett will ever do. Part of me would’ve rather lose out, get a higher draft pick, and fire some coaches

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think with Mason Rudolph behind center knowing how to utilize our best skill position players and being able to put points on the board, if we get into the playoffs I think we have a legitimate shot of winning a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I'm happy, with a little luck I get to see my favorite team play one more game

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    This.

6. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    1 more game ? Lol.
    Put Pickett in. We can win Super Bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Plain but valid I guess:smiley1:

8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We win a post season game or two than Ill be happy to finally see progress with this team for the first time in 10-12 years

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Troll

10. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m just curious what is an organistion???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. ThrowToHeath

Nov 28, 2011
    I think this season highlights the need for proficient QB play. We did not see that with Pickett or Trubisky. If Rudolph is as bad as people say yet we still won these last three clutch games to almost get into the playoffs this tells me that A) Pickett and Trubisky are not the answer B) This team outside of QB is really really good and with just a marginal upgrade at the position then they should be able to make a deep postseason run in the future.

Tomlin isn't the problem this year. Bad QB play was.

12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    1967 Colts missed the playoffs with 11-1-2 record. The division thing can be brutal.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    There you go, we should not be happy with anything less than the division crown.

14. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    And here you've highlighted why this run at the end is fools' gold. The issues with this team are far deeper than one player at QB. This is exactly the logic that will be used by the owner to keep Tomlin here forever. And we won't be making deep runs, we'll be squeaking in and one and done at best. We're in football purgatory.

That said, I'll be right there tomorrow rooting for Miami or Titans and jumping up and down if we get in. I am one of the fools.

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not sure why people are doubting the team that they can progress in the post season. I was raving about the offense all year before it actually started

There are some great players on this team. We just need to get the ball into their hands. Mason's done that so far.

Believe . Lol

As for Tomlin. Could of would have should of. It's easy to look at things in retrospect. The reality is, he did it again.

Tomlin wouldn't be on the market long if the Steelers were to move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ThrowToHeath

Nov 28, 2011
    We ended up 10-7, potentially the same record as the Chiefs and Bills depending on how they do tomorrow. Fans are delusional if they think that is "delusional". We haven't won a playoff game for 7 years, yes. Same applies to most teams. We aren't most teams? Sure. Where are our hall of fame players carrying the team? I think a lot of the Tomlin rage is misdirected angst because players (like Pickett) that the fans think are good, actually aren't.

17. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Yeah right.

18. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

As long as They get an ENTIRE new offensive staff, QUALIFIED
    and other org changes, best we can hope for

19. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Happy that we fought back, winning games against a couple of the worst defenses in the league and the Baltimore farm team? Happy that we need help again to get a chance to get embarrassed by a good team in the playoffs? Happy that the national media will lionize Tomlin again for being just a little better than average?

Yeah, super happy.

20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They won one more game than I thought they would. And no matter what, I want them to make the playoffs. Why root for a team if you feel otherwise?

21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't feel really good about Pickett moving forward. They need to tell whoever is in the QB room next year that the job is open. He might just be one of those players with one glorious year in college and that was all he had. He does some good things, but I haven't seen enough. People talk about his comeback wins. Great. Maybe they need to consider that in many of those games if he had been even average over the course of 3 quarters, no come back would have been necessary.

22. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Exactly!

We all wish they had won a couple more games and were locked into a solid playoff position, but now that we know what happened I want this team to continue to compete. Let's get in and see what they can do.

It's never a bad day if my team has another game!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You know you're snake-bitten when you have 2 ties in one season :hmm:

24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    To be fair, I don't think any of the 3 we have right now are "the answer". In his defense, MR has done a fine job these past 3 games, but it does concern me a tad that a few times yesterday we saw glimpses of sucky, statue Mason. But I'm willing to ride with him for now, unless he shows signs of digression to what we all knew about him previously. I think it would be a mistake to start KP if we have a playoff game. Other teams have benched their starters for the hot hand - we should be no different.

"Really good" is a relative term. There have been times this season where the defense has been rather suspect (injuries have played a major part, no doubt) in its ability to not have opposing receivers WIDE open at critical times. And I'm still not sold that this team is ever well-prepared. We'll see how things progress. Hopeful, but realistic.

25. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Comments like this are laughable at this point:roflmao: