1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coaching changes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jan 6, 2013.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why is it every year pittsburgh is dragging there feet when it comes t interviewing coaches, we need a new OL coach and ST coach, and the Steelers are still not interviewing anyone, SO one again we will be left with whats left outhere when all the other teams are done with there hireing..... IMO this really needs to change JS

2. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    That's because we always promote the equipment manager or someone else within, because we are too damn stubborn and traditional at times. This whole staff needs turned inside out. We have nobody capable coordinator wise to promote that I think can do a decent job.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think there are too many teams looking for a line coach and as far as we know, thats all will be looking for, maybe a ST coach but as of right now, ours is still on the team. I still want to see them make an offer to Tunch to coach the line, I'd love that.

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    this picture looks very similar to what Jerod Allen did yesterday when he got a sack. i was waiting for the flag, but it never came. the penalty on Kiesels sack celebration goes into the HOF of worst calls ever. i was actually kind of pissed that Allen didnt get 15 for going to a knee.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    His knee touched the ground? Because he actually has said that he doesn't touch his knee to the ground anymore because of that rule. But yes, one of the worst calls ever, calling that garbage on Keisel in an important game like that.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    There was this thread not long ago about the ST coach not being canned/etc yet...

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/showthread.php?5380-Amos-still-here-Not-Fired-Yet-What-a-joke

I mentioned in there its only been a week since the season ended...you generally only see big changes done that quick...HC's mainly. The Steelers are doing or just finishing up their exit interviews and such. Plus once new HC's are hired around the league theres a good chance a lot of coaches/staffs will get canned, which means more available. You should know 9 times outta 10 the Steelers do not make quick moves, they weigh their options, see whos around and what is the best move for the team. So just relax...

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Id like to see the special teams coach get canned, but then again if the depth on your team stinks your special teams is going to stink, and that may be the case....so who is at fault there?

I hope they do their due diligence on the offensive line coach. We have a lot of young guys on the line, we need a guy who is not just a coach, but a great teacher. I don't think you can bring in just anyone.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    We also need a new strength and conditioning coach as well.

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    definetely , and that's 3 (oline , st, sc)

10. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yep, I wondered where the flag was too when I saw him do his celebration!

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The urgency the Steelers deal in is hard on an inpatient person like myself also
    but who knows behind the scenes what they are doing? Lets hope
    for our sake, LOTS, BECAUSE ALOT NEEDS TO BE DONE. WE CAN DO BETTER,
    WE MUST DO BETTER.

12. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Who says the Steelers aren't interviewing anyone or at least setting things up? One thing we can say about the Steelers is that, while SOME news leaks to the media, they are pretty good about keeping things in-house. I'm sure it drives Adam Shefter CRAZY, along with the other talking heads in the sports talk, rumor mill business. That said, I'm sure that the Steelers have done their homework, know who they want to target and will (or have) be approaching people outside of the public eye.

Let's compare the "Steeler Way" with the way the Clowns handle things. Even with a new owner, they just can't help trying to elbow their way into the spotlight. They made a HUGE deal out of their pursuit of Chip Kelly, even allowing the media to know that they were waiting at a restaurant, with their lawyers present, ready to write up a contract with Kelly. Now, he says he's staying in the college ranks. There is no doubt he was their first choice, and he even told them that the Clowns were HIS first choice leaving his meeting on Friday night. Now - ANYONE they talk to ends up looking and feeling like sloppy seconds.

Do we REALLY want the Steelers to pursue their desired coaches in the media just so that WE can be aware of what they're doing? I think not.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not to burst your bubble MD but we are talking about assistant coaches
    here in the Steel City, If we were talking about HC it would be similiar to whats happening
    in Cleveland. Plus the new owner has to generate some interest for the poor fan base
    up their, sorta like us with the Pirates we are tired of losing.And so are Cleveland Browns fans.

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Dont forget equipment manager, head groundskeeper, and front office secretary too. They all should be FI!

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This-
    and this-

Just because we haven't read an article about it, doesn't mean the Steelers aren't already working down their list of candidates. ;-)

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not true, outside of the obvious, Whiz and Russ, no one had a clue who the Rooneys were targeting for a HC.

17. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Let me put this into an Oline coach's perspective...

So you want to be an OC, but right now you are an OLine C. There are 7 openings in the NFL for head coaches. Why if I had dreams of doing more, would I accept another job just like the one I just had. Maybe you look around and say, I would really love to coach XYZ team's Oline, cause I could retire there. Would you take a job somewhere else?

If you were Russ Grimm, would you take a job knowing that Whiz is still looking for a job?

18. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Adam Shefter reported/scooped that the Steelers would hire Mike Tomlin.

Not many knew who he was LOL.

19. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    we need an oline coach bad...I hope it's a good hiring

20. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The Senior Bowl!!!!! That is where all unemployed co-ordinators and asst coaches go to seek out new jobs and "Talk" to the Employed HCs. Every NFL Team is represented there and this is where Head coaches interview candidates for positions on their Staff.

Cajun-