1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason vs Kenny statistics, also deep throw stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 3, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everything that comes out of Your mouth about the Qbs have either been silly , a lie , and , or completely wrong. If I was You....I'd just stop. Or should I bring up all the false info You have provided??? You are knowledgeable about football, but either You know nothing about Qbs, or Your bias has You running in circles trying to cover Your own repeated mistakes. One word. Trubisky, and that should be enough.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See...the one of the Guilty have spoken, and I didn't have to point a finger. LoL

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Read where? I honestly don't remember reading any reports that he had other offers. My claim is always been that nobody wanted him as a No. 2 quarterback. Do you actually think he passed on being a second-stringer somewhere else so he could be No. 3 for the Steelers and hang out with his buddies?

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that he had no other offers. It may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter anyways. He picked the Steelers for one of the following reasons:

1. The Steelers offered him the most money - Since he is making the minimum contract allowable for a 6 yr vet, I'd say this is unlikely the reason
    2. The Steelers gave him the best opportunity - This means he felt that the Steelers offered him the best opportunity to make the final 53 man roster. This is pretty likely since we know his game and had very little behind him to push him off (no draft picks, etc.)
    3. The Steelers were the only offer - Again, fairly likely, as we kinda overlooked him and if he felt that he had the opportunity to be a set #2 elsewhere it would have been a better opportunity than Pittsburgh and he would have left. His value around the league was very low as its a "what have you done for me lately" league and what he had done lately was nothing and not good. He also mentioned last week that he was working on his resume before this opportunity. That doesn't sound like a guy that felt like he had value around the league. Total speculation of course, but it is what it is.

Now, its all a moot point because he got an opportunity and capitalized on it. It's still a "what have you done for me lately" league, and what he has done lately is very good. He certainly earned himself more time in the league, and got a chance to prove his doubters wrong. Good for him.

I don't think it matters what his value was last offseason. His value is certainly much higher now, and he will be compensated for it in FA this offseason. Hopefully in Pittsburgh as a back up we can depend on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'll give your attack ad hominem the lack of consideration it deserves. Any factual errors I made, I admitted to, which is more than you do. Was I right that Trubisky entered last season with the better career resume? Yes. Was I right that he had the better preseason despite playing tougher competition than Rudolph? Yes. By your deluded logic, Tomlin should have ignored their career resumes and the preseason performance.

Sorry, I'm not going to go slinking away just because Rudolph exceeded expectations the last two weeks. I'm certainly not going to stop pointing out your nonsense, such as your ridiculous claim that the Bengals' defense isn't bad just because they only gave up 25 points to the Chiefs last week. You clearly didn't know that the Chiefs' offense has struggled of late, having scored fewer than 20 points in four of the six games before that contest, or that the 25 points the Bengals gave up was more than the Chiefs' average per game this offseason. You also clearly didn't know that only one defense in the NFL gives up more yards per game than the Bengals, the Commanders.

Rudolph didn't get any offers to be even a No. 2 quarterback this past offseason. Your personal attack on me doesn't change that. Yes, he is tight with some of the Steelers, but he was clearly fed up with the coaching staff, so it is clear he would have jumped at the chance to be No. 2 somewhere else rather than slink back to Pittsburgh as the third stringer.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is a moot point except for the argument that he and others are trying to push that the Steelers and many fans should have known better than to doubt Rudolph even though the rest of the league didn't want him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you know how to read? I wrote it as a joke because the guy trying to dismiss anyone who disagreed with him as a Pickett fanboy. I wasn't seriously referring to him or anybody else as a Rudolph fanboy. I'm sorry if that was too difficult for you to understand.

8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Hey, I agree that the rest of the league (and the Steelers) held very low value for Rudolph going into this season. There was no way for the Steelers and the fans to have known better, its just the ways its worked out. The people who were pumping Rudolph as better than Trubisky get to talk because recent play has made that a more correct statement/belief. Such is life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes I do....why do You think I laugh so much at what You say about Qb play.

10. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I will say I do find it funny that you react "hilarious" to every post you disagree with. It makes me chuckle. Whenever my Alerts say "S.T.D rated your post "hilarious"..." I know I'm about to get a good response/dialogue lmao

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    There is truth in what You say.

12. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    EVERY GOD DAMNED THREAD GETS TURNED INTO A **** SHOW OF INFIGHTING. SO FRUSTRATING!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Except the whole 'about to get a good response/dialogue' part. :cautious:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  14. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    The fact is that Rudolph is the best QB on the team. I don’t know if he’s starter material or back up, but he’s better than the other two. People keep blaming Mike Canada for Pickett’s performance but Mitch Trubisky was actually worse under the two new guys. A bad qb is a bad qb no matter who is the OC. Not throwing so receivers can get YAC. Failing to see open receivers. Not having good anticipation on where receivers are going to be. Running out of pocket too soon because that worked in college. Having zero or minimal passes over 35 yards because you are inaccurate or don’t throw on time. I have seen every Steeler game with Pickett as qb and he is Devin Bush of qb. First round bust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    don't you think some team might want Mason--- if he continues to throw good?

16. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Take a seat Kenny Mason is man of the hour

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok just curious

18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Why would that matter if he is friends with TJ or his brothers? If someone
    Offered me a better chance I am jumping at it.

19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I would think so!

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't just say that was all....did I??? Did You just read that part. You have never heard of anyone in Your life turning down a job because of family, friends, coworkers, and other things??? It's not like He got a 100 million dollars contract offer as a starter somewhere.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny line, but the facts do not support your claim about your skill.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't even have an offer to be a No. 2 quarterback anywhere, if he even had any offers at all.

24. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    No matter what anyone's thoughts are on the reason why, pure torture to watch.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020