1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph is QB1

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TXSteelerFan69, Dec 31, 2023.

1. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    People also tried to say jaylen Warren gets all his yards running when games are over. People are dumb

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Who ever said that is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Kenny Pickett … don’t buy any unripe bananas!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I was for bringing Mitch Trubiski on board. I thought that Mason Rudolph had exceeded his shelf life. And I had high hopes for Kenny Pickett.

In hindsight, Rudolph is playing like the starter. Trubisky is playing like someone we can't get rid of fast enough. And I still think that there is a future for Pickett. I do think that Kenny can benefit from a little bit of humble pie though. I know some people felt that his interview where he's said he didn't learn anything showed confidence, but to me it looked more like arrogance and bordered on having a temper tantrum.

Next season, I don't see any reason to have Trubisky on the roster. In every opportunity, he has shown us the same game. I feel like I'm counting down the seconds until he throws the ball to the other team every time.

I think that the Steelers need to bring back Rudolph and Pickett. Training camp needs to be an honest competition for all the quarterbacks. Let them earn their ranking. As for the third quarterback, I think that if we draft one in the first round, it's just going to screw up our quarterback stable even more. I think we would be better off drafting a quarterback in the second or third round and concentrate more on developing the quarterbacks that we already have.

We can't keep looking for the next best thing in our quarterbacks. At some point, we have to develop what we have and build the team around it. We can try and draft the magic solution over and over, but if the Steelers are not able to develop that quarterback, it doesn't matter how good they are we will still be on the outside looking in. That seems to be our weakness, the inability to develop quarterbacks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Then how Steeler Nation loved him …
    As they shouted out with Glee!
    Rudolph the red hot QB …
    We’ll love you at least another week!

credit to CR Steelers Nation Chicago ;)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019

The old Gus Ferrotte move.

7. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Offer Mason a contract before the Ravens game

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Rudolph the rest of the way this season

let Rudolph, KP and whoever they pickup battle it out in camp under a competent OC. Of course resign Rudolph to a good contract so the playing field is truly even. Feel bad for KP but he’s in a position now that he’s got to fight for the starting spot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's the only way for the Qbs to get better....all around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s not QB1 until Pickett plays again and fails. If the offense stalls again and he’s playing like he was pre Cincy, that could be it for Pickett.

I don’t think that will be the case though. Reading this board it’s almost as if Pickett never had that good game. The offense could be humming just as well if Pickett was playing for all we know.

So if that happens, who do you think will be the starter? The first rd pick or the 3rd rd pick in his 5th season.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Brazi, it's over fot Pickett

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Bill Belichek did not follow this and jettisoned Bledsoe in favor of Tom Brady. He was criticized but it turned out pretty well there. No wonder he owns Tomlin.

13. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Another Pickett nutsack carrier. Pickett has had 24 starts and I don’t recall offense scoring more than 20 points ( Don’t include defensive scores). It also could be that his one good year at Pitt was due to having a top receiver in the country and that Mike Canada would still have his job if Rudolph was the qb. I am not saying Rudolph is great, only that Pickett is not an nfl starting QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    It was always weird to me that from the moment they got him in the building he was treated like the red-headed step-child. Now here we are, he looks like our best QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Jack it is pretty obvious, by the way the OL dominated this game. I am a Steeler fan first and foremost. I want to see the
    Steelers win big. Open competition will help this happen for all positions. May the best man win. How short some of your memories are
    is like misinformation that is ruining society. When I say competition, I am not talking about stiffs, I am talking about quality competition
    that will push everybody in the QB room.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    No doubt, there is a lot of hyperbole for the last 2 games, and likely there are some GM's who will take a look. That said, Josh Dobbs was the media darling for a couple of weeks, hell even Cowherd said at one time he was the best back up in the league, lmao...now where is he? There is so much speculation about things we really know nothing about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Pickett would have left the pocket prior to half the throws mason made. Can't wait to watch this open competition next year like they won't just hand the keys back to mediocre ken

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Drew Bledsoe and Brady, in that system TB may have gotten the opportunity eventually, but if Drew stayed healthy and produce, Brady goes to another team and system is he another Charlie Batch? That sounds crazy, but where a guy goes, the coaching and system, the players around him..it can make a career. The Steelers took a QB in the same 7th round before Purdy, where would he be if we took him? I doubt he would have made our team, but he was actually 3rd string before injuries game him his opportunity.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Was he not given the job when #7 was hurt first game of season? Or what ever game he got hurt in. That was an evaluation, I think Duck Hodges
    was brought in for competition and back up responsibilities. I have been pleasantly surprised at Mason's 2 game experience to show case
    his talent to Steelers and other NFL teams. Believe it or not some players may take longer to mature into a competent NFL player. Unfortunately
    with a win now philosophy and cap restraints there can be very little red shirt years for development process. I mean we see it all the time,
    everybody on Joe Flacco bandwagon now or Baker Mayfield in Tampa that threw 4 interceptions yesterday or Brock Purdy who threw 4 int's
    the other night. Players have bad games, we don't want to see it happen to our/your team. Football is the ultimate TEAM game. All
    players on the TEAM must do their job for the TEAM to be successful.

20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Very misinformed.

21. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2023
    How about if has another good game against the Ravens ?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    But 24 games for kenny isnt enough?

• Like Like x 1
  23. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Steelers better pay Mason and let him start--> he is 100 percent better then back-up Kenny .If we let Mason go (you think Flacco is good)Mason will --go-- win Superbowl with someone else <well he won't rub Steelers nose in it but will win>Kenny needs to learn -even though he says he learns nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Often injured check down ken. Can't wait to watch him for years to come.

25. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Bro people need to relax. He has had TWO decent games in 4 years. Of course he never was qb1 and circumstances were different but still. People had him as the worst qb of the roster for years for a reason. I enjoy how he has been since week 16 but peoples’ sentiment is overreaction imo. I am not yet confident rudolph really is the guy. I wonder what happens if he ****s the bed next week

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1