1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I TOLD YOU SO..........SEE YA HALEY

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Jan 3, 2013.

1. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    the idiot john boehner.. and he went to my high school in cincinnati

HINES

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What was this thread about? Oh yeah, Haley. That Haley...he's somethin' huh?

3. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    HUMMM seems the stock market has double in 4 years over where the villiage idiot left if for obama? am i beter off then i were 4 years ago? oh he** yeah !!

HINES

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There is absolutely positively no way in h*ll you are better off now than 4 years ago

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Enough with the political banter...

6. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Bruce Arians

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Blame no one.
    Go get some one that can run an Offense, see Oregon.

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

9. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What does ANY of this have to do with Ray Lewis' retiring?????

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    ObiWanMindTrick.jpg
    This is not the thread you're looking for.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Haley ran a good offence with the Cards and had a very good system with KC despite a serious lack of talent. The problem isn't that Haley can't run a good offence.

13. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    BEN, his ego doesn't want to listen, and he still wants to hold onto the ball until 4 defenders are on him. If he got rid of the ball when he should, that would take some of the heat off the o-line. Tomlin does F all, he's a cheerleader. The only reason Tomlin went to the super bowl is because he left everybody else in charge. Now that the team is getting older, it shows this guy can't coach. The Cowher wave is gone.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the o-line deserves all the heat it gets.:cool:

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, there were cases where the defenders were on Ben before he could even take half a step back. Then you had times where Ben had 7 seconds to find somebody, but he still held onto it for the sack, he was looking for the deep pass when he would have 2 wide open guys 5 yards away.

17. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think all 3 are responsible for a part of it. Haley for some of the inconsistent play calling, Ben for his style of maverick QB and Tomlin for not taking a more in your face role. My hope is that if Haley does leave we end up with Norv as our new OC. We would have two very impressive coordinators.

18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I could handle Norv, Ben would be happy too since Norv likes the deep ball. ( good luck with that o-line) Norv is a screen freak too

19. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [tweet]287204446662975491[/tweet]

20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I needed to quote another post asking who's to blame on poor O if Haley leaves.

21. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This thread delivers!!! :facepalm:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

23. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The offense isn't as simple as fix this 1 thing and everything will be better. It just isn't that simple. What are our problems?

1. Youth - no matter that we have a veteran QB, this offense is really, really young. You basically have age with Starks, Heath and Ben. That is about it. Cotchery is up there, but is the #4 receiver. MOST of this offense is 28 years or younger. Look at the RT position this year. Gilbert in his 2nd year was replaced by Adams in his 1st who was replaced by Beachum in his 1st. Our center is still younger than most other guys on the line. DeCastro only played in a few games. Our receivers are all just ending their rookie contracts. Dwyer is in the same boat. This offense doesn't lack talent, it lacks experience.

2. Injuries - Yeah I know this is one of those cop out excuses, but the reality is this offense was pretty banged up this year. The D really didn't lose guys for multiple games other than Troy. There were other guys who missed games, but usually only 1 here or there. By the end of the season, we were playing our 4th RT at the spot, our 3rd RG, and our 3rd LG.

3. Ben - He is the solution at times and at others the problem. When he gets tunnel vision focusing on only 1 receiver, it gets him in trouble. (see Dal./Cinn.) He also gets in trouble when he determines that he needs the big play. When he gets set on throwing the ball down the field, he forgets about his outlets which are short.

4. Run Blocking - You know, I don't think our pass protection was all that bad this year, but other than 1 stretch in the middle of the season we couldn't run the ball. You wouldn't think it is scheme as Haley's scheme ran the ball very well in KC and pretty well in a pass oriented offense in Arizona. Maybe it is the call at the line which is wrong, or maybe the guys aren't on the same page yet, but this is an area that the new Oline coach needs to really look into. Are the guys not capable or do they not have proper technique?

I am sure there are others, but these are the ones that pop into my head.