1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers OT Dan Moore Jr. Rated as League's Worst Pass Blocker

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  2. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    We all know this, question is why can't Tomlin see it.
    You know it seems every problem we have leads back to Tomlin..He must go

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pickens is on the list for the worst non-blocking WR.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What other option does he have? He is even worse at right tackle, so switching him and Jones doesn't help. Okorafor might be slightly better as a pass blocker, but he is a huge liability in the running game.

5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Some things cannot be fixed during the season, sometimes it just needs to wait until the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

another reason why he must go, his player eval skills are going from avg to bad.

they were never great.....

Jones was drafted as the LT replacement, TOMLIN wimped out on it.

bad decision from day 1.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

This wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for Tomlin's veteran fetish

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    agreed

9. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Sometimes we say Najee is the issue.
    But is he really? He gets hit in the backfield a lot. Our run blocking cannot seem to hold a block for 2 seconds.
    Aside from Jones that is.

I would admit, Warren hits the hole faster and seems to slip those backfield tackles.
    But ideally, you want your RB to not be touched in the backfield.

Moore and Cole drive me insane.
    I'm usually screaming at Moore to 'get in the way of someone, anyone.'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure Jones was ready. Even now, he is inconsistent in pass protection. That said, they are both better than Okorafor.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Moore makes some very good blocks, then whiffs on others. Cole just gets shoved around, which is compounded by his poor snaps. Replacing him has to be the highest priority.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I rank those as two priorities in the draft.
    I would go OT first though because those are hard to come by. Singing one in Free agency is also ridiculous.
    Centers for some reason aren't as bad.
    But won't argue the sequence, just upgrade those spots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Moore worst rated OL doesn't surprise me. What a whiff the 2021 draft is turning out to be. :facepalm:

2021 draft is starting to look like 2008 and 2018. :puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The poor offensive line play is an indictment on Pat Meyer’s coaching. I’ve said it before, but whatever “unique to him” technique he’s pushing on these guys either flat out won’t work in the NFL or these guys just aren’t buying in.

it’s inexplicable to me that Daniels, Cole, and Seamolu have played MUCH worse the longer they are here. Say what you want about the quality of these signings but all three were at least serviceable with their previous teams.

I’ve never seen so many miscommunications issues on the O line. So many free rushers breaking through while these guys are double teaming another rusher or sometimes just facing the other direction. It’s mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Bingo.

16. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    The coaching from top to bottom has been horrendous for years now, the time to clean house is long overdue

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Well put. Hell, Cole was solid last year, but he has been horrible this year. You raise a great point. Every one of those guys has gotten worse while playing for Meyer.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Honestly, I don't follow Dan Moore too much when I watch the game, but I never felt he was much of a problem ... He does look worse this year, but he had a promising rookie year? Was that Ben making him look better than he was by getting rid of the ball early?

I still think the bigger issue is Center and pressure up the middle. I don't know if that is the Guards too, or if Canada's offense just has poor blocking schemes?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    It's not just the oline, Trubisky was a pro bowler a few years ago and had success on some mediocre Bears teams.. he doesn't even look like an NFL QB here. We've seen repeated failures to develop WRs. Our 1st round RB, who looked like a future perennial pro bowler playing with Ben, has regressed into a tap dancer.

Our offensive coaching sucks and has sucked since Munchak and Haley left. Anyone with an ounce of football IQ gets ridden out of town so Tomlin's dumbass can never be undermined.. Arians was another one who went on to have success after leaving the Steelers. The common denominator in this is Tomlin. He has to go. This franchise needs to get with the times. You can't win with a dominant defense (which we don't have anyhow) and a mediocre offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Chucktownsteeler

Chucktownsteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2022
    We probably grab an OT with #1 or #2 round pick. There are some top talent there and that would set our tackles for a decade.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The rb's have never been an issue, hell Walter Peyton couldn't have gained much yardage behind this line first 8weeks .

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Moore needs replaced by Jones on the line. The rest with the possible exception of Seumalu should be gone. Drafting O lineman should be priority one this draft starting with Center. Scouts On Notice!

This isn’t rocket science it’s football and it all begins up front in the trenches. You can replace various people all season long, debate and argue what’s wrong pointing fingers but until you get the right group up front your offense won’t work efficiently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    To say nothing of the guys who leave and do well elsewhere. Dotson sure looks good with the Rams. The coaching staff has long been a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I didn't need a expert to tell me he sucks, what I don't understand is why play the rookie out of position at RT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Good Gad I hate to say it but against the Colts the ENTIRE offensive line was atrocious, and worse yet, lacked effort. I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers but that includes our first round pick and Seumalu. You can debate why that is all day long, but the tape is the ultimate truth serum.

So, where do we go from here with what’s left of the season? We obviously can’t replace them all like now. So, we have to do some emergency patch work. Moore should’ve been eliminated from starter practice, like immediately after the Colts game. Jones goes back to his natural position and replaces him. Chuks comes back until we get his replacement end of season. Herbig should be getting first round reps to start as Center against Bungles. He can’t do much worse and that Gad awful Cole can back him up til we get rid of him at seasons end.

Thats it. We patch it up n run with that til this line can be corrected that now sadly is going to take some time. It should’ve never gotten this bad in the first place having to do patch work n run with not so goods. That’s a failure from the very top.

Pat Meyers, “thank you, Happy New Year and oh, your services are no longer needed”, now Find and Hire a SOLID O line coach for the future.

Sorry,
    Dobre

• Like Like x 3