1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Browns attendance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 30, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There were 51,000 people at the game today a lot of empty seats at Heinz field. That's what happens when the team is out of the playoffs.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I read earlier that it was the lowest since Sept. 24, 2000 against Tennessee(51,769).

3. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Good. That is what they deserve.

And probably 10K of them were out of towners that spent their money to buy expensive tickets and travel to come see a game. They were already committed.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why do gloat in every other post about the Steelers attendance? Do you find joy in the fact that the team is having a tough time?

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There were a lot of boos today too. I think Mendy got it bad at one point.

6. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Are you serious? I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Family moved us away when we were kids. I am a Steeler inside and out.
    I get pissed off like the rest of us. Someone on here commented on my recent trip to PIT for the Chargers game. I said that I will not pay another dime to watch THIS group play another game. That poster said good, stay away, and let the real fans come to the games. I said the attendance would be poor for the CLE game and thought it would be worse.

I come back from southern CA for 3 games a year (usually a playoff game), so I am (like others) disappointed that there would not be a playoff game...let alone a HOME one.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh Dad! I knew it was you! :lolol:

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I was one of those. I had a good time anyway but I was surprised at how many empty seats there were.

9. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you get a thrill out of these STUPID post you make??? I mean really! Get a life SteelerGlenn. The way you attack fellow Steeler fans, you are you someone that tries to create hell on this board between fans? I love the post that fellow Steelers Fans make, weather I agree or not, I respect what opinions they make but you sir need to stop attacking them. Fans come to this website to vent and to just have a good conversation about Steeler Football. You come on here and pretty much try to belittle fans. Again, GET A LIFE DUDE!

10. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    i'd rather the fans showed the team that a season like this is terrible than have the fans blindly support the team anyway. you have to understand WHY there were many empty seats. their season was terrible not only because they won't be in the playoffs, but also because their draft pick will be terrible and may not actually help the team fill one of its many holes.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    One thing I've yet to understand...people thinking that a loss to the Browns and moving up 5 spots in the draft is going to get the team some savior or something. While the Steelers have a good 1st round track record...any player and be a bust...#1 or the very last pick. The 5 spots they "lost" with the win means nothing, come on people.

12. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Polyjb, this guy always makes these type of post. Nevermind him........I wonder if he's really a fan or someone thats trying to cause hate and discontent on the board.

-slick

13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah. OK look at 2011 draft
    Houston drafted 11th and got JJ Watt 81 tackles and 20.5 sacks
    Washington drafted 16th and got Ryan Kerrigan 54 tackles and 8.5 sacks

I bet washington would disagree big Time

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, it won't make much difference at all. It could *potentially* make a difference, but the chances it will are slim. There have been a number of first round busts, and there have been 3rd and 4th round surprises. No pick is a guarantee, so to speculate that dropping 5 spots because of winning a game is going to hurt is going a little overboard.

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In fairness, the Skins lost Orakpo and Carriker to injured reserve. That didn't help Kerrigan's cause this season.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Talk about attacking someone! I asked him a question and he aswered it. Lol

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Heh, and they got Alfred Morris in the 7th. Your point?

18. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I didn't even watch the game. Could've cared less. It had all the importance of a preseason game. It's the first game I've not watched in over twenty tears (I meant to say 'years' but 'tears' works too, I guess). I didn't blame the fans one bit. It was the coldest game of the year and I froze my arse off at the Kansas City, Baltimore, and San Diego games at Heinz so I definitely would have skipped it too.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't watch the game I was disgusted with this team after they lost to the Bengals and fell out of the playoffs.

20. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I was able to get Lower Level tickets (FV $100 each) for $50 a ticket and jumped at the chance. I hadn't been to Pittsburgh for a Steelers game in over 20 years. I was able to take my son to his first game.

We had a blast. To me, I didn't care that I was at a meaningless game. I didn't care that there were some empty seats (it looked worse than it was). This game was like the Super Bowl to me, because I was actually able to afford to go (sort of).

The first half was relatively quiet and frustrating - after the first two series at least. In the second half, the place was rockin'! It really was a great experience, bringing tears to my eyes as the clock ticked down.

I liked it that the Steelers played hard. They played to WIN - and not just to get done with the season. The starters were in the whole game, and they performed as if there was something to play for. They really lived up to their word that they would play for pride and to finish strong.

If there was ONE positive outcome of this frustrating season, it was that the failure to make the playoffs made a trip to a game possible for me and my son. Even though they won't be playing in January - I finished the season on a really positive note and I cannot WAIT for training camp to start now.