1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game on Thursday against the Patriots a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 3, 2023.

1. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Please tell me this is totally coincidence and you didn't see my post during the game day thread? I said something about the stoppage in play during the game prolonging the agony. I kept waiting for Kathy Bates to show up with a hammer and a 2x4.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This will be a punt fest / field goal battle. Neither team will be able to move the ball in the air. It’ll be interesting to see the over / under on this game.

If the goal is to clinch a WC spot then it is a must win, the loss to the Cardinals has wiped out the cushion they had over the Texans and Colts so was a big setback in that regard. They’ll also probably need to beat the Colts in Indianapolis now, which is a big ask. I don’t see them making the postseason with all these injuries anyway, and even if they do they’ll just be making up the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    When they convert the first 3rd and 12 like it's 3rd and inches we will know how the game is going to go.

4. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Must win for what? I think every fan should realise this season is over and just be relaxed for the remainder. Pickett is out, it was bad with him so how do you think its gonna be without him.
    I said it after the browns game and I say it again. This team is lost and going nowhere. 7 wins are too many to tank, not as if they would do that anyway. Team is gonna finish in no mans land as always and the same **** next year. Too good to be bad and way too bad to be good. Without the chance for a high potential qb and a complete overhaul nothing is gonna change.
    Get rid of those diva receivers, trade for a justin herbert or give away a whole season to get a shot at a high potential qb. Free Tj Watt so he has a chance to be with a good team and not have the same fate as his brother. Sign creative coaches and bring fresh air to the organisation. And for this year, be aware nothing is gonna happen anymore and think about what should happen afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022

Kirk, Spock and Ensign STD beam down to the surface. LOL, sorry STD we all know what's gonna happen and Bones with the spinning thingy isn't gonna be able to save you!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Huh? They won last week and lost by three to a decent team that is in contention the week before. Yesterday was embarrassing, but it was one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think 10-7 might get them in as long as one of the losses is the non-conference game against the Seahawks, but I'm not sure how they are going to win three more. The injuries have just ruined the defense and now they are going to have to overcome the inevitable turnovers by Trubisky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Currently the Steelers are in a four way tie at 7-5. Ties within a division must be broken first until there is only 2 of the teams left. Steelers would eliminate the Browns and the Colts would eliminate the Texans. That would leave the tiebreaker between the Steelers and the Colts. Currently, the Steelers hold the tiebreaker over the Colts on conference record. This is one of the main reasons why the match up versus the Colts in week 15, for the head-to-head tiebreaker, is super important for the Steelers hopes

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    So how many picks do we project? 2? 3?

10. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Mabye Trace McSorely comes in ala Giants Devito and saves the day after Mitch and Mason both get knocked out!! Can you even imagine that happening??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A must win for what??? Serious here. Is the goal simply to make the play offs? Is it to keep MT's non losing season intact? I do not know any other reasons, there may be, but if the answer is yes to those questions, then yes it is a must win...I am at the point where I actually am not really caring. If what we have seen this year, and last especially is what they consider entertaining football, then let it play out. If the only way to get eyes open is to see what the reality of this team is, then win or lose let it play out. I understand the injuries, but what we saw yesterday is beyond that. They wanted a running game and it was working, but we abandon it. List goes on, prepare and play the way they have been, and if that satisfies the brass then we know that indeed they have settles for mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Obviously, this is a must win. The team is competing for a playoff loss. So, it's a must win.

Trubisky didn't play poorly, sans the fumble. All he needed to do was fall on the ball. With it being a screen play, they let the defenders pass through. Now, IMHO they should never call another screen until they can hold back the defenders on every other play.

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

exactly - for what? We suck - thru and thru. We are not 3 players away or another draft or this or that - don't be delusional, you draft fiends. Start at the top, Liquid Plumber - and rebuild, FOR REAL, this time....

Free TJ, in the same way I said to free CAM for years......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 picks, 2 TD's.

He will show us that WR's are OPEN and if a QB could throw the ball downfield, this offense can move the ball. There is TALENT out there, our skill positions.

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

BUT - if we TIE with HOU after week 17, we sit home.

Head to Head is first, correct?

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    You're probably right. We'll find out soon. Pickett being injured a couple games actually helps them better assess the QB room

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This team needs a QB and offensive line. I disagree the team is complete crap. This defense despite injuries is pretty good actually, but they can't be on the field the entire game.

They are lacking at the most important position in the game. We got spoiled with Ben. QBs don't just grow on trees. How many 1st round bust QBs has this league seen? It's a hard position to fill apparently.

I'm not all about throwing in the towel pun intended just quite yet. This year looks doomed though lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah ....I'm changing shirts, and not beaming down. I've seen too many episodes. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Must win to avoid a total meltdown of the fan base, except those who root for draft position

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Stevenson was injured on Sunday, I'm not sure of his status.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The team isn't worried about Tomlin's non losing season, their goal is to make the playoffs.

22. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I’m so pumped Pickett not playing. Offensive explosion incoming. Trubisky is going to whip that hard ball all over the place. 4 TD game coming at ya!

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Trubisky is more likely to throw 4 interceptions than 4 TDs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think this is a must win game to keep Tomlin's "Non-Losing" streak alive.

A week ago we were assuming that a 9 win season was in the bag, now those 2 wins may not come as easy as everyone was counting on.

A loss against the Patriots and a just winning season is in jeopardy.

25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Bengals are tied at the half with the Jags, they look much better than the team we beat 2 weeks ago. It's quite possible the Steelers won't win another game this year.