1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

no Canada and offense still stinks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Dec 3, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    Pot meet kettle

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

All true, but why would you run from the shotgun and then hand off to your back that has a hard time starting quickly when it's 4 and inches at the goal line. Why not get the QB behind center and either run a QB sneak or handoff to Harris when he can get a running start. Just not the right play with Harris out of the shotgun. That's just bad play calling against a goal line defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Let ‘er fly

Let ‘er fly New Member

Dec 4, 2023
    That was against the worst Defense in the league. Perhaps that played a role.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't disagree.

If Pickett is in there you have to think they'd QB sneak. Not sure why they wouldn't with Trubs.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't even need to leave the state of PA to find a team who fired their SB winning coach, and then went back to the SB 2 seasons later.:shrug:
    And they're doing it with a head coach and QB who were both available to the Steelers.:shrug::shrug:

The fired SB coach, who was also available to the Steelers, is successful with his new team also.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Sunday afternoon in PA was a real stinker all the way around.
    Even the weather sucked.

The Steelers let a 2-10 Terrible Cardinals team come in their house and beat them while meanwhile across state, the 49ers, a much, much better team, were in
    Philadelphia to destroy the Eagles (Yay!).

Hope deflated as Mitch Trubisky trotted out on the field, even the skies darkened.
    Futility? 4 of 11 3rd down conversions.
    The Steelers did rack up 317 yards but were only 1 of 3 in the Redzone.
    There was no joy Mudville, unless you were a fan of James Conner.
    Not even a downpour could wash away the stench form the field. Bad Coaching, poor execution, just downright ineptitude.
    And Matt Canada was nowhere to be seen.

To make matters worse, Kenny Pickett will have to have ankle surgery and is expected to miss from 2 to 4 weeks.
    So, plenty more Trubisky follies to follow.

7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

the MTFOD are out in full force.

(Mike Tomlin - Front Office Defenders)

this offense SUCKS. bottom 3, has been ALL SEASON long ,w or w/o Canada. Tomlin has NO CLUE what to do w an offense, NEVER HAS. I hope he walks into Rooney's office in Jan and the 2 of them 'agree' that it is time to hang it up.

PLENTY OF TALENT on the roster, NO CLUE what to with it and HOW to execute it.

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

TRUBS might light it up - then what?

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

we have idiots now as OC's vs. what we used to have, which was just a fool.

4th and goal, and we are in SHOTGUN.

NO CLUE what to with playcalling inside the redzone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    The Steelers always take these less talented bad record teams lightly and usually get there butts kicked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Actually it was 4th and 4 or 5 inches to score. Really Shotgun. :facepalm:

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tiny playbook or tiny hands :hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Using a smidgeon of common sense from what I've seen throughout his entire career, I guess I would have to say 'He done good.'

14. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Canada was helping call plays from his phone yesterday.---:thumbs_up::applaud:

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm starting to sour on Kenny, but I would like to see him play at least one more year with a new a New Playbook and an upgraded center/interior line.

16. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    That's not personal. But if you feel it was personal I'll say it this way.

We are in a new phase of trying something with OC. Its been 2 games and we are actually moving the ball. This isn't going to change over night.

what you're wanting to see is where we change a new head coach just cause you want a me one. However you're not aware that coaches better than Tomlin are very hard to find. And most are based on luck. For instance.
    - bill looks like crap without his OC and Tom.
    - shanahan was luck to finding.
    - john harbough is like Mike Tomlin
    - mccvay looked good. Now he's less than Tomlin and has better caliber players. And he was a luck find.
    - pederson is up and down.
    - lafeur luck find

Reid is the only coach you knew was going to do good.

Now I'm not going to waste your time on the 100+ coaches in the last decade who killed teams. But it's crazy how many there are. There's team who pull in a new head coach like the falcons and they don't greet a winning season. And it's 3 years of losing seasons.

.... the chances of us finding a coach better than Tomlin. Is slim. And the chances of looking like those 100+ other coaches is great. And i don't feel like watching us being like the browns to only being hopeful that we have a top ten pick year after year.

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our playbook and situational play calling is horrid.Hardly any PA way to many shotgun runs and the route tree and personnel groupings are so wrong..Plus I don’t think our QB is very good ..

18. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Well if he can't he shouldn't be on the field!

19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it is personal, you don't like the argument so you attack the person

it is called ad hominem <snip>

let's all learn something today

*Mod edit

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Buddy pederson left them. He took off. And how many years was a losing season vs a winning season? He had 2 out if 5 that were losing..... there was a diabetes coming out under reid he would be good. And looked good with taking over the final year. But no idea of that would transition to HC or not. (So do you know how many OC look great and then look like crap as a HC).

As for Sirrani. That response right there says how much you don't know.
    - are you aware he's a luck finding? Reich called the plays for the colts and it was well known.
    Now do you know how many luck coaches you find vs coaches that are complete failures? It's about a 1 year rate to finding a luck coach, maybe less.

.... can't even believe I'm having to waste time explaining things that a standard 5 year football fan should know. But some of y'all are clueless. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:.

21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Let's not bring in politics. And just stick with, no one should be taking it personal. I said it in the most polite way I could of how it is wrong and backed it up with data, instead of just saying, "nuh uh".

Fyi, I'm not going to respond anymore of that talk, unless it's football.

22. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Ohhhhh, I didn't realize Canada played the hardest defenses every game for 3 years straight.

23. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018

You can't start a new playbook at mid season. Its impossible. You can tweak things. Pickett said as much last week that not much would change and that the Steelers are still running the Canada offense.

Steelers have bigger problems than Tomlin and that is AR2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If I replace the word 'fired' their HC with 'lost' there HC, you're whole argument comes down to 'luck', and I'm a gambler.

25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct - which is another pock on MT - ALL of this should have been done in January.

Yes - AR2 is awful.