1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dionte Johnson Annoys the #^%#^^ out of me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Maybe it’s me but seeing Dionte on the sidelines all huddled up under his rain coat and yawning in the middle of the game. This is the main problem with this team. Last week it was not blocking and go after a fumble. That’s exactly why this offense it this team will ever accomplish anything when you continue to employ players like Johnson. I don’t care how talented the guy is if you don’t have guys that care and with heart and our fighters it just permeates the whole unit and effects play.

Icing on the cake …. He gets a gimmick touchdown and does a celebration, yes I know it was a half hearted one because we were on the verge of losing but why do it all?
    The guy just really grades against my nerves. He is soft, he drops passes, runs wrong routes, wines and complains and sulks. Doesn’t stick up for his QB. Challenges authority ie Coaches. Runs backwards after a catch or goes down easy. He literally us everything Hines Ward wasn’t. You can’t build a strong unit or team with players like him.

There’s a lot of other players on the Steelers that are frustrating to watch like Wallace and Cole etc but at least those guys put forth consistent effort.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. SteelerCountry58

SteelerCountry58 Member

Aug 24, 2023
    Yeah,he needs to be choked on the sideline by a teammate or coach with a spine. Sick of the clown show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    This dude always played inconsistent and half ass , he’s just another product of playing a couple years with a hall of fame QB for a few season so he thinks he’s some kind of elite nfl wide out

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    4/33 can be replaced

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    He's unprofessional.........he can get away with that here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I cut him some slack for that TD celebration. It’s his 2nd TD I’m two years, he knows Steelers may never throw another TD pass this season, so chances are, it was last chance to celebrate scoring for a long while.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I've seen about enough of Johnson's diva bullsh!t. He's a dime a dozen as a receiver. Best thing I ever heard or observed of him is that he works hard. Well, like Ellen's father said in "Christmas Vacation"; "Washing machines work hard, too."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I can understand his celebration. I, who have never scored a TD in the NFL, would be celebrating too. Us hacks take advantage of every opportunity we get.

9. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Can't be celebrating when you're about to lose.Steelreslove is right, under a rain coat not even into the game.

10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Like any child, he'll do whatever he can get away with. That behavior is acceptable here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I was thinking as much of a screw up as he’s been he should still within reason enjoy a touchdown

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do people still say "yeah but his separation blah blah blah."

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hopefully Khan can trade the bum. Selfish me player. His TD calibration was a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    johnson > Eli Rodgers......Big Ben made them both

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't like that lame TD celebration, especially when the team is getting their butts kicked.

16. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    This is the kind of player that coaches like Tomlin breed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Exactly. Tomlin got away with his whole Player Coach philosophy when he had enforcers in the locker room like Hines Ward, Pouncey and Joey Porter. He doesn’t have that anymore at least on the offensive side.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea he is a lazy ass and needs to be gone at the end of the year. Guys like him are losers and don’t make the team better around them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    16 non loosing seasons

One thing he is not is a looser

20. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    People say he's a good route runner and that he works hard at his craft. Well, for someone that purportedly works hard, he drops more than his share of passes. Makes questionable decisions after the catch, i.e. running backwards far too much for what he gains from it. Some of the "best" wide receivers of all time like Moss and Owens were divas. In a weird modern way, they earned the right if that makes sense. Johnson hasn't. He's a mid-level receiver on a terrible offensive team who acts out beyond what he's done. If they could fleece a bad team next year on a deal similar to what they got for Claypool, ship his ass out of here. I'm sick of him. And I don't want to hear, "Well, who are you going to replace his production with?" They should be able to grab someone in the fourth round that is smart enough not to run backwards five yards after nearly every catch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

Me too. He's NOT guy who would be a big player on a top notch team, 9ers Eagles etc.

Was Smfh at the TD "celebration " You're getting your asses kicked my dude, give ball to ref n GTF off the field

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    He's only won playoff games in 4 of his 16 years as HC, so he was a loser in 12 of his 16 seasons. I don't give a rats @$$ about his non losing regular season record, it only seems to be a great achievement to these idiot talking heads on TV

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s nice

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s just your ***** eating crackers for you guys.

He missed practice because he was ill last week. It’s cold raining and windy, what the heck you want :lolol:

Where is he supposed to be? Defense was on the field, offensive players always sit on the bench!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, he was well enough to dance after a meaningless TD. He's not the only guy that deserves criticism for that fiasco today. He gets paid like a top receiver when he's mid-pack. I think that's why he gets so much negativity.

• Agree Agree x 1