1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Relax A Little

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    How bad is it that the bengals who have been crushed with injuries and have a back-up QB are still on 1 1/2 point underdogs to us. Vegas knows picket sucks as well as Canada.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The answer to that should be blatantly obvious. They just want to complain

3. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    We have forced the most turnovers in the league have nothing to show for it.That's how much our offensive stinks..Kenny 1 TD in the last 5 games, 2 TD last 7 games..I mean come on

4. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    You gotta peel back the layers of the onion. The Steelers are bad. The point of the game is to win. With this team even if we make the playoffs everyone knows we aren’t go to win.
    The Defense is actually not good. We are 25th in yards allowed. We gave up a game winning drive to a very bad Cleveland offense. By the way they had a ton of dropped passes or it could have been worse.
    On offense we are playing in our fears. Yes Canada and Oickett are bad but this narrative or theme played out under Tomlin before Canada and Pickett were here. We went through this with Rudolph. Mitch looked the same as KP and Rudolph. The common denominator in all of this Tomlin.

He is the one under mining the QB’s confidence by directing a conservative game plan and beating it into their head to not turn the ball over. Tomlin doesn’t know what to do with a young QB because he came into this league with an established one and coached with that luxury for the majority of his career.

I feel like Tomlin micromanaged everything and gets in the QB’s head so bad. All the young QB’s under Tomlin looked the same- tight, tentative, skittish and indecisive. On top of it we are so predictable on offense it just compounds things.

Thinggs wont get better unless Tomlin changes. Otherwise we will just get done meddling no name OC next year and ride with KP until it is obvious to Tomlin. Hopefully by that time the team won’t be so disgruntled and split that guys like Watt and Minkah and Pickens don’t ask for trades because they see no future here from a playoff and SB perspective.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They tried one slant that was knocked down at the line, then didn't try it again the rest of the game even though it was open.

6. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I forgot about the Colts. Damn. Lol

7. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You just said the point of the game is to win, right? The Steelers are 6-4. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people had the Steelers with a losing record or just at .500 through the first 10 games, so the Steelers being 6-4 can be considered a victory for them this point in the season. And this narrative that the Steelers defense is bad is hilarious. I don't think people understand what a bend but don't break defense is. The Steelers give up yards through the passing game, that is true, but the Steelers RedZone defense is really good. They either get turnovers or force the opposing team to kick field goals. The Steelers are currently ranked 7th in points allowed, 2nd in takeaways, and 3rd in RedZone touchdowns allowed.

8. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    All true

9. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Thanks, but why did you give a "disagree" reaction to it?? :p

10. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    The most disgusting thing is probably the comparison. Geez.

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correction - it is bad EVERY day

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

DJ sucks - or blows, whichever, but he is a waste

13. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    It’s not a good way to play defense. Sooner or later the turnovers run out, guys get tired and give up big drives at the end of the game like they did yesterday or you get a bunch injuries as we have in that side of the ball because the players are out there so much.

you act like they are planning to be a bend but not break defense. I garubtee you they would much rather prefer three and outs and giving no points. We haven’t exactly played offensive juggernauts this year so the 7th in points doesn’t really impress me.

not to mention with the way games are officiated today so heavily in favor of the offense keeping the game close until the end is not wise with a defensive minded team. Maybe 15 years ago but you can’t build a team like that now. What if Watt makes a game turning strip sack but lands on the QB wrong it went from a game altering great defensive play to potentially a drive altering play for the opposing offense. The way they throw flags on PI and roughing the passer now I don’t want to invest in the defense anymore. It’s fools gold and a waste of money. All the money should be on the offense moving forward.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sorry you don't like it. No, nevermind, I'm not sorry about a damn thing. Grow some thicker skin if you want to throw shade my way. You're pissing up a rope bruh.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t get ads

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    Trolls will slither under rocks again

17. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I'm not offended personally, but your blatant disregard for reasonable banter is evidenced by your comparison of a game to the decision to end a human life. Bruh.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What is reasonable or not is purely subjective. You don't like the comparison. OK fine. I'm out of f#$%s to give. How's that for reasonable banter?