1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Relax A Little

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 19, 2023.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Your mom

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I like the Pee Wee Herman response better.

I know you are, but what am I? I know you are but what am I?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Your mom

4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    You're mom. :eek:

5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    You are hired as OC please report on Monday with Steelers gear on and tell Canada he is relieved of his duties.

7. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Dude, what's up with all the abortion references lately?

8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Abortion wins in red states. :shrug:

9. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    I could not possibly care less about what the Bills, Chargers, or Jets or their fans want, "lmao". Maybe if I were a fan of those teams, I might have an envious longing for something as pathetic as the Steelers exceptionally frail, paper tiger 6-4 record...but, I'm not. My expectations for a team with a league-best 6 SB rings are a perhaps a little bit higher. Maybe yours aren't, though. Maybe you feel inspired by a team that always seems to just barely scrape by every game - winning ugly at best, whilst praying for late game splash plays just to beat teams of a dubious quality - but, I suspect that probably you're among the very few who feel that way. And that's totally fine, btw - I can admire that, although I could probably do with less of the blasé snark / lazy whataboutisms.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Abortions are against the law in Steeler-land.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Simple. I would like a team that can realistically compete for a SB. How many more years will the excuses be able to cover the tracks of this coaching staff? This team is not entertaining as it is like seeing the same reruns for over a decade. Yes, people complain because they can see with their own eyes that something is/ has been wrong for a while, and nothing done about it. I remember one year a while ago we started 11-0 but were winning ugly kind of like right now. Many were criticized for complaining that we still were not playing that well and our luck could run out against good competition. IIRC, we ended up losing 5 of our last 6 games including an embarrassing 1 and done playoff game. People see what they want to see and whether or not they complain about it is determined by what you would want this team's goal to be. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    To me it’s pretty simple. If we keep getting below the line quarterback play and crappy playcalling we’re going nowhere and won’t make the postseason. Our running game is legit, especially with the ascension of Warren as RB1, and our defense makes enough plays to keep us in most games. The QB and the OC are the team’s biggest issues right now. Tomlin should have fired Canada after the previous two seasons of inept offensive play.

13. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You know the lucky stars were all aligning for us this week. Burrow gone for season,Lamar hurt in last game plus Andrews gone,Browns team with a rookie QB pretty much was trying to gift us this game. All we had to do was kick a field goal and be in the drivers seat. something a mediocre offense could have pulled off. Now,who knows what this team is capable of not doing.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Imagine what blitz packages will do if the running game goes away again.

15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    1 game closer to the Steelers on Hard Knocks next year. Steelers need to miss the Playoffs to be eligible.

16. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I agree with what you said. Again, I don't think we are great, but to say we are a overall bad team is something I do not agree with. If we are a bad team at 6-4, and we are currently a 7th seed, what does that say about the other teams that are below us or lost to us. We must have been doing something good enough to get wins. It can not always be about luck. Put it as this, Kenny Pickett has been inconsistent and looked bad for the majority of this season, but if we replace Kenny with someone like Jared Goff, and we keep the same entire roster, we could be considered a Superbowl or at least a AFC Championship contending team. That tells me that we are good in a lot of areas, but I do believe our quarterback and offensive line positions has been our weakest links.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How about a competent offence? Is that too much to ask for.
    I'm not even asking for a great offence, just a competent one.

Also, how about some accountability? How the hell is Canada still employed? Our offences have been horrid since he was hired.
    We've had no playoff success for a very long time. That's on Tomlin.
    Again, a competent offence and people held accountable for doing a poor job.
    That's not a lot to ask

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    There isn't a schoolbook solution of any of this. Many on this board have very good insights on what they believe are contributing factors of on field performance. I believe much of the cause factors occur off of the field as much as on the field. You mention that our QB and OL are weak links. True, but why, for how long, and how much longer? I've read that teams say our offensive plays are predictable and the defenses know what we're doing. Not sure Goff would succeed any more than KP if running a play against a D that knows the plays we've been using for ages. Winning cures just about everything but until then, everyone will have their own opinions on what ails us so pick you poison. JMO>

19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    That doesn't even make sense, short bus. Go sit down.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Good to see you survived it.

21. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Had a nice nap after the game, forgot about that **** show for a bit, that was a rough game to watch, any passes over the middle today? I don't recall seeing any, this offense is something special.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Preach.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I expected a loss yesterday. But the way we played on offense was even bad for us. Flacco should have been signed by us because any ex-arena ball qb can put up a 100 yards passing in the NFL. KENNY P is a BUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Haha, I haven't posted on here
    Pretty disgusting isn't it? The Steelers play, scheme, and play-calling is disgusting also. There ya go. Don't read too much into it.

25. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    You can relax if you are fine with a 9-8 season.But if you want more......